MaximumRisk

Hood vents. BACK FROM THE DEAD!! :-D

With the holes in the middle now  if it rains does it just drain down into the underskin of the hood and then out/around the motor or does it just drain down onto it?  I like the idea but with my intake polished I will probably just keep them closed if it means every drop of water that drips down there makes a spot.

As of now water would enter the engine. I may come up with something to catch and divert the water later on if I feel it'd be needed, but I do not to drive the car when it rains anyways (though, I have been caught in the rain a few times :-)

eh, if youre driving down the road you'll never have to worry about it.  even so, the wash from the tires will fill your engine bay with water.  i wouldn't worry about doing anything crazy. 

You would not have to worry about it driving but, from everything from morning dew too just washing it would be a problem.  My cobra R actually has the GT vents in it and I am not really worried about cooling that much myself.  One less thing to cut for me, to each his own.

I would probably just leave the bottom the way it is and paint the interior of the hood black so it doesn't show us as bad.  There should be holes at the back of the hood which is where the heat should build up the most maybe drill a few more there and it should suck the heat out of those holes no problem. 

Common misconception.  The cowl area is a low pressure area.  If you open up the back of a cowl hood you will pull in fresh air, NOT vent underhood air when moving at speed. Hence the reason for the term "cowl induction"

On EFI cars like ours, there is no reason to open up the back of a cowl hood unless you have routed your intake there, ala. the rare Roush hood.

i think it looks sick!!!!!

if I didn't have the 03 cobra hood I might of looked into something like this.  my hood lets the rain fall right onto the belt so everything gets sprayed.  its not as bad when I have the vents in but the custom set that im going to make for it will really let the water in.  I might just make a set of abs plates that I can turn into covers for when im not driving it or if its just sittin out in the rain.

either way, functional or not, it looks awesome!!!!

I vented a Cobra R hood a few years ago to kind of make it look like an 03 cobra hood, but with the added hood clearance LOL! and it worked very well at venting heat.  Eventually I changed things and wanted to go to a lower (height wise) cowl hood. Here is a pic of what it looked like

m2.jpg

DSC01168Medium.jpg

as for this current project, I was not able to go to see the hood yesterday because I had to work really late yesterday, but I will make sure to update the thread as soon as I get pics

sorry it took this long to update, LOL! but I had halted the paint paint process because I was thinking of painting the whole car, but then decided to hold that project until spring, Anyways here are a few quick pics. I will try to get better pics over the weekend, as I still have to properly line up the hood and polish the painted are of the hood.

20141017_135626_zpsed3d58ad.jpg

20141017_135616_zps4d367514.jpg

20141017_131738_zps0f1590f7.jpg

thanks everyone.

The work very well!! I went out and did a few back to back to back to back to back :D  pulls on the highway then came back home thru the local streets (traffic), got home opened the hood and I could lay my hand on top of the intake ( I sure as hell could not do that before)!!  but not only does it work when running, when i stop at a light I can see the heat just raising out of every vent! I am glad I did this and my engine components (especially my alternator)  thank me as well!! LOL!