arayray

arayray's 96 Cobra Build

New paint and stripes look great, man! It kinda reminds me of a Shelby GT350H (the green stripes almost look gold to me, if that doesn't make sense just know I'm color blind haha)

Thanks alot! I really love the color, it changes even more in the sunlight with all the metallic which is really cool. 

Today I got the wiper cowl back on and everything bolted back on, sanded & buff the taillight bezels and put them on the taillights, put my WebElectric sequentail taillight harness in the taillights and bolted them on the car, put festoon leds in the domelight from SuperBrightLeds and put my hood struts on! Up next: undercoat, final buff on the whole car and then put the exhaust on!

On a side note, the WebElectric sequentials are awesome! I wanted the sequentials to be like 2010+ factory lights that only sequence when using the turn signal and WebElectric's  are the only ones that offer this feature! I am also going to modify the stock flasher relay to slow down the flash rate! Will get a video of it later!

IMG_20140610_103800_zpsnvyp6zit.jpg

IMG_20140610_104940_zpsdxkndhxs.jpg

IMG_20140610_103800_zpsnvyp6zit.jpg

Damn she looks so good!  I love that with the hood opened it almost looks like the stripes continue through since the valve covers are the same color.  So nice! B-)

Damn she looks so good!  I love that with the hood opened it almost looks like the stripes continue through since the valve covers are the same color.  So nice! B-)

Thanks man! I love that too  ;) I am really working hard to get it on the road this week! Tonight I modified the flasher relay to slow it down with the sequentials, put the bumper reflectors in and got the foglights installed with the hids. I really love how my headlights & taillights came out! We moved the car to the front and put it on the lift to do the undercoating tomorrow, I also need to bleed the brakes while its up. 

Video of the sequentials in action!

th_VID_20140610_154608_zpsyk37sqps.jpg

Bad pictures through the glass of my foglights installed

IMG_20140610_200202_zpskbkerlps.jpg

IMG_20140610_195941_zpsybtti1yo.jpg

They are only sequential for the turn signal, not the brakes IIRC

Correct. These are only ones that offer this, any other harness when braking it will sequence once and then stay solid while mine will stay solid the whole time.

Today I got everything masked off and I used aluminum foil to wrap up gas lines, ebrake cables etc. and my dad undercoated it. It came out great! I unmasked everything tonight and left a fan run underneath it overnight to hopefully help it dry. I started to mock up the exhaust today so we are going to put it on tomorrow! 

IMG_20140611_145320_zpsugpjbulu.jpg

IMG_20140611_174317_zpstdxqhom7.jpg

IMG_20140611_174328_zpsiwzwkbn5.jpg

Some bad pictures of it after undercoating it

IMG_20140611_184836_zpsmo1qjh8k.jpg

IMG_20140611_184854_zps22b3zfio.jpg

Access to a lift had to make that job 100000x easier lol. I was painting my underbody on jack stands, and every few mins I had to take a break because my eyes would start burning and my goggles would have overspray all over them lol... fume masks don't really help your eyes!

• Moderators

That's been my garage life for months now, lol. So glad to be past all that!

Not looking forward to any of this.  Mine only needs a light cleaning, but after spending 6 months under the 66 in high school, I am reluctant to do it again.

I am very glad to have the lift! Two actually! Makes everything so much easier. Got the exhaust on today! What a pain in the butt that was, so much adjustment and glad I didn't buy it brand new or I'd be really mad about the fitment! 

We seen that the rear main seal is leaking, we have been keeping an eye on it but I let the car idle and I did a few revs with the new exhaust and there was a small puddle on the floor. Hopefully once I run it and get it on the road it will stop. Also found that one the rear brake bleeders was striped and wouldn't tighten, got a new bleeder and fixed it.

IMG_20140612_110930_zpseq9mjjr0.jpg

IMG_20140612_144719_zpswnvyxmy5.jpg

Hey Ray! Didnt know you were on here! Remember me? Cars looking great!

Sure do! Still have your number saved, hit me up if you are ever down this way! Planning on going to some cruises pretty soon  ;) How is your car coming along?

I am very glad to have the lift! Two actually! Makes everything so much easier. Got the exhaust on today! What a pain in the butt that was, so much adjustment and glad I didn't buy it brand new or I'd be really mad about the fitment! 

We seen that the rear main seal is leaking, we have been keeping an eye on it but I let the car idle and I did a few revs with the new exhaust and there was a small puddle on the floor. Hopefully once I run it and get it on the road it will stop. Also found that one the rear brake bleeders was striped and wouldn't tighten, got a new bleeder and fixed it.

IMG_20140612_110930_zpseq9mjjr0.jpg

IMG_20140612_144719_zpswnvyxmy5.jpg

Sure do! Still have your number saved, hit me up if you are ever down this way! Planning on going to some cruises pretty soon  ;) How is your car coming along?

yupp still got the number! I work in springdale, where abouts are you? The mustang has been set back a good bit. Havent done much yet, but im looking at getting a new back bumper and paint due to an incident. Also probably getting the front bumper re sprayed and a new hood. Ill shoot you a text later tomorrow. 

Today I got the side rocker moldings on and the front fender liners in, maybe tomorrow we are going to shoot the fender liners with some undercoating to brighten them up and match the back wheel wells. Only thing left to do is do the final buff over the whole car, bolt the new wheels on and do a good wax on the car  B-)

IMG_20140616_164406_zpseiierkhk.jpg

Over the weekend I seen this bad boy at a mall in Virginia, he had a sticker in the quarter glass that he was at the World Record Meet in North Carolina.

IMG_20140615_130126_zpshgtnx18m.jpg

yupp still got the number! I work in springdale, where abouts are you? The mustang has been set back a good bit. Havent done much yet, but im looking at getting a new back bumper and paint due to an incident. Also probably getting the front bumper re sprayed and a new hood. Ill shoot you a text later tomorrow. 

Sounds good man. There is a meet in July down at the Waterfront in Munhall, Pa. They had one Saturday but I missed it. Lots of people go but most of the time the cops kick everyone out. Let me know if you are going to any cruises and I'll see about joining you! Same to you @95riosnake

It's gonna be a while before my car is out and about, but maybe when you're planning to have yours out at a cruise I'll drive my DD out and check out your car, put a face with a name, etc. :2thumb:

Today we undercoated the fender liners. They were all faded and looked terrible, the black undercoating really shined them up and now they match the rear wheel wells! Brought my wheels out of storage and put the 04 cobra wheels away. Removed the 'SVT' center caps and they pop right in the new wheels! 

Everything masked off!

IMG_20140617_163513_zpsvej3purr.jpg

And after

IMG_20140617_191649_zpsw26osmna.jpg

IMG_20140617_180651_zpsoxbujw33.jpg

IMG_20140617_180910_zps78dfrgzj.jpg

I like the undercoating on the front liners.  I usually just spray tire shine up there when I detail it but this seems like a way better / more permanent solution!   Coming along great, seems like I'm on the wrong side of the state.  All the cool cars are in western PA lol.

Thanks alot guys! Yesterday we got 3/4 of the car buffed for the final time. Today I will be finishing up the buffing, bolting the wheels on, giving it a good wash and put a coat of wax on! Will get some pictures later!

Ran a little over but today we got it done! Got it buffed this morning, the tinter came and did a great job! I waxed it with Meguiar's Black Wax, gave it a wash and took it for a spin! It really feels good to drive again and it just loves to be in the RPM's! I have some things to look at though, my coolant temp gauge isn't working and I got a code P0125 which is coolant related too. 

IMG_20140620_114418_zpsagyyidqg.jpg

IMG_20140620_153201_zpssh7h64jt.jpg

IMG_20140620_153228_zpsb6uqcwtu.jpg

IMG_20140620_153148_zpso6sem25r.jpg

IMG_20140620_170932_zpsfutchnza.jpg

Mmmmmmm! So many noms!

Sent from Space

Looks sick man! I usually hate stripes but these look so good

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot guys! I'm very happy with how it turned out! Still got some mods to do still, planning on get 03-04 Cobra Folding mirrors, rear wheel spacers and new spring/strut combo.

Thanks alot guys! Haven't been driving it yet, chasing down some electrical gremlins. Started out as a CEL P0125 which is Coolant related and my AC compressor wouldn't kick on. Finally got the compressor running today which turned out to be a corroded connection on the high pressure switch, now I replaced the ECT and am getting CEL P0117 and don't have any power at the ECT harness connector... No idea what it could be. 

I had to rewire my gauges today because there was a break in my coolant temp gauge wire so I just rewired them all. I used JST quick connectors near the kick panel for easy removal in the future and ran all the wiring behind the weatherstrip. Turned out great and now my coolant gauge works!

Looks sick man! I usually hate stripes but these look so good

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

+1 I think the fact that they're a unique color and they're tied in with the color on the calipers and cam covers is what makes it a win in my book. Most stripes just look so added on when people do them, these are tied in nicely with the color scheme.

@arayray you planning to hit up a Friday show at Pittsburgh Mills with it when you get the bugs ironed out?

+1 I think the fact that they're a unique color and they're tied in with the color on the calipers and cam covers is what makes it a win in my book. Most stripes just look so added on when people do them, these are tied in nicely with the color scheme.

@arayray you planning to hit up a Friday show at Pittsburgh Mills with it when you get the bugs ironed out?

Thanks alot man! Also if you look at the car with the hood up, the valve covers being green makes it look like they are the stripes continuing through the engine :D

Unfortunately I can't go, I will be in Bedford camping this weekend & next weekend. I'm hoping there is a car cruise around July 4th that I could make it to. 

Unfortunately I can't go, I will be in Bedford camping this weekend & next weekend. I'm hoping there is a car cruise around July 4th that I could make it to. 

Yea I didn't mean this Friday, I won't be in town either, I'll be in Laconia, NH for the Smokin Stangs show. The Pittsburgh Mills show (it's actually a cruise) is every Friday from what I'm told, I haven't been to one yet. Wexford used to be awesome but ever since they sold their upper lot to Highmark, that cruise went downhill fast IMO. It's MUCH smaller, which is a problem because it used to be known as one of the biggest weekly car cruises in the country.

Yea I didn't mean this Friday, I won't be in town either, I'll be in Laconia, NH for the Smokin Stangs show. The Pittsburgh Mills show (it's actually a cruise) is every Friday from what I'm told, I haven't been to one yet. Wexford used to be awesome but ever since they sold their upper lot to Highmark, that cruise went downhill fast IMO. It's MUCH smaller, which is a problem because it used to be known as one of the biggest weekly car cruises in the country.

Oh yeah, then I can make it out to one! Still having trouble with my car... I took it for a maybe 5 mile drive and now it has a hard time start and idle hangs. Called Bama Tuning multiple times and I am not very happy with them. They were like fighting me on with what's wrong with my car. I am looking at taking it to WolfPack or some local tuner to just get it done and over with. 

Oh yeah, then I can make it out to one! Still having trouble with my car... I took it for a maybe 5 mile drive and now it has a hard time start and idle hangs. Called Bama Tuning multiple times and I am not very happy with them. They were like fighting me on with what's wrong with my car. I am looking at taking it to WolfPack or some local tuner to just get it done and over with. 

Wolfpack does good work, but Mike sometimes is pretty booked up these days so you might not be able to get in soon. If he can't work you in, you could hit up Street Lethal Performance in Edinburg or Rodeheavers Hot Rod in Uniontown/McClellandtown ( < Tim at Rodeheavers tuned my car) and see if either of them can work you in, all three shops do great tuning work.

Whatever you do, DO NOT take your car to ASAPerformance in Allison Park... that place has blown up and half assed so many cars that I've seen end up at the above three shops to have the damage undone.