arayray

arayray's 96 Cobra Build

Wolfpack does good work, but Mike sometimes is pretty booked up these days so you might not be able to get in soon. If he can't work you in, you could hit up Street Lethal Performance in Edinburg or Rodeheavers Hot Rod in Uniontown/McClellandtown ( < Tim at Rodeheavers tuned my car) and see if either of them can work you in, all three shops do great tuning work.

Whatever you do, DO NOT take your car to ASAPerformance in Allison Park... that place has blown up and half assed so many cars that I've seen end up at the above three shops to have the damage undone.

Thanks for the info Dan! A few of my buddies have gotten stuff done by RodeHeavers. Bama is supposed to send me new tunes but if that doesn't work, I'm going to have to look at getting it dyno tuned. Mike is a good dude, I bought my Magnapacks off of him awhile back.

Well I've been trying to work out the bugs so I haven't drove the car much. Last week or so I took it for a drive and it was burning oil, blowing smoke out of the exhaust and also out from under the hood when I parked it. Found out that the grommets on the valve covers are slipping out from under the bolts and not sealing properly which was letting oil puddle and then run down onto the headers. I ordered a set of valve cover inserts from MMR and in the meantime installed my new TPS Motorsports dimpled & slotted rotors along with new ceramic brakes! While I was at it, I adjusted my exhaust tips and cleaned them with Mother's Metal Polish! Turned out great!

IMG_20140715_141129_zps5abjjgpb.jpg

temp_zpsslxnfirs.jpg

Figured out my AC problem, thanks to @iamtheshaner on SVTP. It turned out to be the corroded connector I found on the high pressure switch. By jumping the dark orange w/ green wire to the positive on the battery, I was able to get the compressor clutch to engage! 

I bought a set of 03/04 Folding Mirrors, I plan to disassemble them and paint them gloss black and do the base in satin black!

'03 - '04 mirrors will look awesome!  If I didn't have the "smooth" mirrors on mine I probably would of bought them.  That's good you figured out the A/C problem.  Not having it in PA summers sucks.  I dunno what the summers are like in Pitt, but here in Phila it gets rather humid and muggy.  Not a good combo with a black on black car lol!

'03 - '04 mirrors will look awesome!  If I didn't have the "smooth" mirrors on mine I probably would of bought them.  That's good you figured out the A/C problem.  Not having it in PA summers sucks.  I dunno what the summers are like in Pitt, but here in Phila it gets rather humid and muggy.  Not a good combo with a black on black car lol!

It really only bothered me after I got my windows tinted because I couldn't put them down, but it's always nice to have some cold air!

Today I did a little customization to my extra set of cobra emblems.. I am going to have my dad clear coat them also.

IMG_20140726_145627_zpsrd7irrby.jpg

Thank alot guys! I'm going to get my dad to spray some clear on them when he paints something next, should look pretty good! Can't wait to get my mirrors, hopefully gonna modify them to look like Export Mirrors  :D

My dad cleared my cobra emblems tonight, they came out great!

IMG_20140727_192123_zpsigrqlmgt.jpg

holleeee sheeettttt    Those look great :)  Did you do that to your intake plaque as well?

holleeee sheeettttt    Those look great :)  Did you do that to your intake plaque as well?

No I didn't.. I am thinking of buying a new one and doing it in green as well!

Thanks alot guys, they came out great!

No I didn't.. I am thinking of buying a new one and doing it in green as well!

Thanks alot guys, they came out great!

DO IT!!!  theyre super cheap too, i think i saw em for like $10 on ebay, or AM. cant remember.

I bet with something like that, most people would rather just pay to have them done by you than for them to go through the trouble of gathering materials then prepping, masking, painting, and clearing them themselves. If you could keep the price reasonable and still make profit I think it'd do good.

Thanks alot guys! The hard part with doing them custom is that I have my dad mix the paint by paint code for each car which obviously isn't free. Even though it is such a small amount of paint to mix (he made a small bottle of green for me), it still used around 7-10 colors to mix plus clear coat. I'd say around $75 including shipping them back would cover the cost of materials.

Got my 03/04 Cobra mirrors in today, I got them and my extra set of door panel 'cups' prepped for paint. I'm having my dad spray the mirrors all black including the base and the door panel cups. I also got a double din from a guy on Facebook giving it away, I only had to pay the shipping! So maybe a spray that black along with the shifter bezel later on  :D

I also put my cobras on  B-)

IMG_20140731_160111_zps1yxjiyo5.jpg

IMG_20140731_191554_zpsezmh0blm.jpg

IMG_20140731_191302_zpskvie3hrq.jpg

Today I started masking off my car for paint and the fine line masking tape I have is neon green.  After getting the hood masked off with it I could not help but wonder it the neon green might make a nice color for some pinstripes and small details on a deep forest green car with black/carbon fiber.  This has made me thing a little more.....

Emblems look awesome on the car! Did you smooth the mirrors? Everyone always says about this but I have never seen pics what it looks like or how to?! You would be the guy!!

The 03/04 Mirrors Cobra are actually smooth (the base), they are not textured like 96-98 mirrors. I just took 800 wet sand paper and sanded them all down and feathered out the little chips and scratches.

Today I started masking off my car for paint and the fine line masking tape I have is neon green.  After getting the hood masked off with it I could not help but wonder it the neon green might make a nice color for some pinstripes and small details on a deep forest green car with black/carbon fiber.  This has made me thing a little more.....

I have seen neon green pinstripe before on a Ford Escape  :unsure: Try it out and see what it looks like  :D

Nice work man. I love me some Cobra mirrors!

Emblems look awesome on the car! Did you smooth the mirrors? Everyone always says about this but I have never seen pics what it looks like or how to?! You would be the guy!!

You should know this. :)

Nice work man. I love me some Cobra mirrors!

You should know this. :)

you would think so. I understand how the mirrors work. I just don't understand the smooth thing. It's literally just the "texturing" effect?!

you would think so. I understand how the mirrors work. I just don't understand the smooth thing. It's literally just the "texturing" effect?!

Yeah. They're all plastic. Well, the base is metal on the Cobra mirrors I think.

Yeah on the cobra mirrors the base is aluminum but regular 94-04 V6 & Gt mirrors are plastic. I'm not sure about Export mirrors though!

I got my Instagram Decals in today  ;)  :P Surprisingly they damn near match my stripes! I'm not planning to permanently put them on, I just want to show them when I go to car shows and such! (I'm OCD like that ha!)

I also got my new high pressure switch (ac cycling switch) pigtail in but I believe the switch is bad also, I can only get the ac clutch to engage by jumpin the green w/ orange to the positive on the battery. Should be getting a new switch and hopefully fix it once and for all!

Has anyone gotten a metal rad support cover made for 94-98 mustang? I see alot of 99-04 but the latch style is different... I want to get a black rad support cover and have 'COBRA' done in green  :D

Got my new ac high pressure switch today, put it in and charged the system and it works! Nice cold AC! Took it for a drive and it's blowing at 38 degrees  B-) I preordered a ON3 Performance Coolant Crossover Delete, it relocated the thermostat to the top of the radiator and allows for braided hoses.

CoolingSystemCobra2.jpg

img0017gj.jpg

Got my new ac high pressure switch today, put it in and charged the system and it works! Nice cold AC! Took it for a drive and it's blowing at 38 degrees B-) I preordered a ON3 Performance Coolant Crossover Delete, it relocated the thermostat to the top of the radiator and allows for braided hoses.

CoolingSystemCobra2.jpg

img0017gj.jpg

Wonder if that is designed to work with their front mounted turbo kit for the 4v

http://forums.corral.net/forums/modular-engine-parts/1360724-4v-crossover-delete-cooling-modification.html

It requires a new lower radiator hose to oil cooler and obviously braided hoses + fittings. But its a nice way to clean up the engine bay!

Ahh, ok. I thought it would be on On3's website. I've seen that thread but I haven't been in there lately. Bookmarked! Thanks.

The cobra badges are sick!  I painted the eyes of mine red years ago but to be honest I think it wore away by now lol.   The HPS looks like a nice piece, AN lines ftw!