arayray

arayray's 96 Cobra Build

Looks and sounds great. I love that shade of green. I'm sure it was a great feeling to come home for a bit and see and drive your Cobra. Thank you for your service.

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Looking good.  I love that green!

Bet it felt good to drive it again. :2thumb:

It was awesome! Missed that thing, got some big things planned for the next year or so. Can't wait to bring it out to where I am living.

Looking and sounding great! How long till you get back home again?

Thanks man :D I'm not even sure, it won't be for awhile though 

Car sounds nice!

Thanks man :D

i forgot you had cobra mirrors on there.  any thought to painting the outsides green?

No, I think that'd be overkill. I'm at the point where if I do anymore green it will be too much, I think.

Your car is the perfect amount of green on the exterior IMO. It's looking absolutely awesome!

Thanks man! I appreciate it :D

The green on the mirrors would look out of place.  The mirrors look best body color, not the accent color in this case.

Agreed. 

Now it just needs $1,000,000 bills ghost painted into the green stripes!!!! I kid I kid!!! Lol

Looks great and sounds awesome!!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Hahaha, thanks man! I appreciate it :D love the way it sounds

Well to post a little update, I got my alternator rebuilt and powder coated when I got back from leave. As of today I purchased a complete 01 Upper & Lower intake so I'm going to source the parts for a C Head swap and possibly a Forged Rebuild.

My plans are for the Upper intake hat is to shave it completely, get rid of all the EGR related stuff and powdercoat it black.

Edited by arayray

Well it's been awhile! Some things have changed and some have stayed the same... So here is what has happened:

Ditched the plan to C Head swap it

Bought shaved 96-98 upper intake - plan to do remote IAC

Bought aluminum IMRC deletes

Traded my pieced together Magnapack IRS exhaust for Borla IRS exhaust

Did some more custom pieces:

4BAC876A-A0E3-4190-BE40-FDD907BA7CC9_zps

(Battery & fuse box covers)

2853D73B-5438-4E4E-B730-921B8F4F371C_zps

984DA86F-DE06-4711-B357-B10FDED78F21_zps

29624031-6E42-4C71-8F2F-AC7355B0CA87_zps

What's in work:

I am going on leave in a few weeks back home and I am installing a set a 2015 Mustang GT seats into the car. I plan to put new carpet in while I am doing it. I will be fabricating my own brackets to fit them into my car and wiring both electric seats up.

EE236407-4C3E-4EB6-86DC-AE986BC16EEB_zps

A built motor & t56 will be in work hopefully in the near future :unsure:

Yeah I really want to get some different wheels eventually, hopefully some CCW :D

I went home for a week and got some work done on the car, getting it ready to come out to Missouri while I'm stationed here. I got the 2015 seats installed and wired, unfortunately I couldn't retain the side trim pieces since the door wouldn't close properly so I have to look into how to make it look more well done. I started rewrapping some of the engine harness with techflex and it looks great.. Alot more to do though. I also bought a 03/04 Cobra T56 to swap in since my trans is on it's last leg :wacko: 

I have a SRI that I will be modding, @95riosnake do you know anyone local that can do some aluminum welding? I will be cutting the IAC off and smoothing the whole intake, welding a bung on the back side for a remote mounted IAC.

BDAAB955-889F-4752-AA3D-5760308953FC_zps

8FC11169-132E-416C-B6A6-DD093B514F0C_zps

DB0205A8-D011-47A2-82CA-FA666A70EA36_zps

On 1/13/2017 at 2:50 PM, arayray said:

I have a SRI that I will be modding, @95riosnake do you know anyone local that can do some aluminum welding? I will be cutting the IAC off and smoothing the whole intake, welding a bung on the back side for a remote mounted IAC.

So you just need a bung welded on? I work with a guy who is pretty good with the TIG, I can talk to him and see if he'd be willing.

18 hours ago, 95riosnake said:

So you just need a bung welded on? I work with a guy who is pretty good with the TIG, I can talk to him and see if he'd be willing.

Bung welded on the back side, IAC deleted / smoothed and a few pin holes filled on the top. I'm not sure if he would want the hole for the bung drilled out already and the IAC cut off so all he would have to do is weld and nothing else. 

Next time I run into him I'll talk to him and see what he says. I would offer to do it myself but welding cast aluminum is a pain in the ass. I welded on the mounting ring for my intake plaque but it didn't have to be air tight. He's way more experienced than me at TIG welding so he might not have the same reservations.

On 4/9/2014 at 7:22 PM, arayray said:

I posted my build on another forum and since it is nearing completion, I decided to post my build here also. I bought my 96 Cobra back on 11/17/12 and started tearing it down December of 2012. Here are some pictures of the progress:

After I picked it up
2m81huc_zps6c2e4a22.jpg

n. 

hah i never noticed the random foxbody in the background of this pic

I am working on a plan to trailer my car out since I moved into my new house, in the meantime I am getting little stuff together for some projects. I am gathering parts for my T56 swap and I plan to redo some wiring. I plan to run a positive & ground to a ST Blade fuse box in the cabin like in the picture for easy powering of accessories and to get rid of some of the wires on the battery. 

5032.jpg

Looking into making a RSD, I looked back at @95riosnake thread and love the idea of putting the battery under the RSD. @95riosnake did you add any fuses or cutoffs under the seat or did you simply run new wiring up to the fusebox? Did you just ground the negative side to a new ground under the seat?

Edited by arayray

I have a circuit breaker next to the battery in the car and another behind the radiator. Circuit breakers are better than fuses IMO when you get up into big amps because all you have to do is reset the breaker rather than get a replacement fuse.

On 2/7/2017 at 8:37 AM, 95riosnake said:

I have a circuit breaker next to the battery in the car and another behind the radiator. Circuit breakers are better than fuses IMO when you get up into big amps because all you have to do is reset the breaker rather than get a replacement fuse.

Same here, two circuit breakers on my car.  A little bit more money but definitely worth it, and so much faster to isolate the battery now.

7 minutes ago, Evilcw311 said:

Do I sense a tad bit of sarcasm??  :-/ 

Possibly just a wee bit lol.

And I'm just breaking your balls @arayray I just always laugh when people blur out things like license plates or something online, it's really hard to do anything with that information. Only time I'd blur things out is if I was doing something illegal in the car in the pic lol. i.e. doing a huge pro-stock style burnout downtown... might wanna blur out the plate. haha

Finally got my car out to my new house! While I was back in PA, my father and I swapped in my T56 I got back in January but couldn't finish it since I got the wrong cross member... After 3 cross members, I finally got the right one and now I just need to swap the rear yoke on my 03/04 driveshaft and we will be cruising :D

I swapped the T56 in and kept my old clutch / flywheel setup. I still need to adjust the clutch and get rid of the slack. I will be getting the reverse lockout from Accutach and a new extended range speedcal to finish up the install. 

I installed my new gauge cluster surround along with my double din surround. I followed 95riosnake's guide on how to convert the 94-98 defrost and foglight switch to the newer style buttons. My next projects will be:

1. Replace cruise control module
  2. Install new wiper cowl piece
  3. Wire in rear window 3rd brake light
  4. Finish t56 install

Some pics as always :D

E4F4A0D2-0DB5-4EA1-A88B-E4A92EFD97CF_zps

51012AF3-45CC-4797-98F1-C017A24B9391_zps

3E7F0B47-384D-4CE4-B185-C8013E19B930_zps

On 5/30/2017 at 1:46 PM, Prokiller said:

interested in this 3rd brake light you speak of...

Got a cheap one off ebay that would sit flat on the back deck and screwed it in. I wired it to the plug that the connector for the trunk harness plugs into, you will have to use a test light and find which one is the power wire. Once you have that, splice into the power wire and the ground wire. I depinned the connections at first and wired it that way but found out that the ground wire still controls the trunk release so it'd be better just splice into them.

Had to drop the transmission due to an ongoing grinding/whining issue. I believe it is due to the throwout bearing not being on right and loose clutch fork. I replaced both and reinstalled it along with pennzoil synchromesh trans fluid. Gonna test drive it tomorrow and see if its all resolved. I've been working on a few things: rear seat delete, coin holder delete, usb ports in unused bezel button.

082DB0F3-33EA-4643-AC53-3E45F720D32B_zps

E7EFD52C-A38F-4A7C-A5EB-76FCC3841E1C_zps

0013A21A-582F-4040-8934-82599A6B47BB_zps

5B68E516-C601-40E0-8FE9-36F493BBCD05_zps

97B49BF3-A596-4C20-817A-F06A55DA8D2D_zps

06500D98-1B8A-4329-A12D-8A0E5E358B8F_zps

Edited by arayray