Zach

Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Is it really necessary to have one to get a proper tune. I am n/a and plan to stay that way; and have plenty injector for my combo. So what are y'all's thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. My fuel pressure gets adjusted in my tune.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

How? Are you using a different ECU than stock? Controls pump flow (Voltage?)

The fuel pressure in the stock regulator is set and cannot be changed by the tune. The tune has nothing to do with adjusting fuel pressure unless your ECU actually controls pump flow.

Maybe what your referring to is your tune is written for the stock FPR pressure and adjusts pulse width accordingly. 

To OP. The stock one as mentioned is just fine.  Just get a good tune.

How? Are you using a different ECU than stock? Controls pump flow (Voltage?)

The fuel pressure in the stock regulator is set and cannot be changed by the tune. The tune has nothing to do with adjusting fuel pressure unless your ECU actually controls pump flow.

Maybe what your referring to is your tune is written for the stock FPR pressure and adjusts pulse width accordingly.

To OP. The stock one as mentioned is just fine. Just get a good tune.

I will be 100% honest and tell you that I have no idea. But the tuner I go through (Lidio @ alternative auto) always recommends using the stock FPR. He always said it was all controlled in the tune but I never dug into it anymore than that.

I will be 100% honest and tell you that I have no idea. But the tuner I go through (Lidio @ alternative auto) always recommends using the stock FPR. He always said it was all controlled in the tune but I never dug into it anymore than that.

Yeah, a tune will account for the stock FP with your specific injectors but has no control over pressure or flow unless you got something like stand alone adjusting voltage to the pump.  Most tuners these days just use the stocker for the simple reason...  It works. 

An adjustable regulator was really only needed when ECU tuning was not as prevalent or you are trying to make injectors act bigger than they are. 

IE. run a base pressure of 50lbs to force the injectors to inject more per pulse.

Yeah, a tune will account for the stock FP with your specific injectors but has no control over pressure or flow unless you got something like stand alone adjusting voltage to the pump. Most tuners these days just use the stocker for the simple reason... It works.

An adjustable regulator was really only needed when ECU tuning was not as prevalent or you are trying to make injectors act bigger than they are.

IE. run a base pressure of 50lbs to force the injectors to inject more per pulse.

Gotcha. Makes sense. Thanks for the info!

I have one because it came with my rails. I think I set it once and never touched it again. Disregard the fact my car only ran for about 4 months last year...

Sent from Space