Silverv6

Tire database

Didnt see a thread about this so decided to start one and see if it catches on. When ever you get new tires always looking for specific features they offer (grip, cheap, snow, dirt etc.) So post up any info you have on your tires so others can decide if they would like to try them out =]] For example:

Only set i have bought (havent had my car long) were:

sumitomo HRZ3

Overall rating: 6/10

Pros: Cheap price (138$ (each.) for 275/40/17) decent grip when dry

Cons: Aweful grip in the rain, I slide everywhere if i give it any gas when its wet around a turn.

continental extreme contacts....pretty good grip i guess but will get loose on a turn if you get into it. decent price nice tread and sidewall design.

yea...they are 275/30/20 in the rear...on 10" rim. they are pretty decent for being such small sidewalls.

I thought so, any streach since there on a 10?

How much power do you have to give the worst tires on the market a 6/10 lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Not much at all lol I gave them a 6 because they suit my needs as a daily driver but i almsot die when it rains and im on the highway -.-

That is true about burning them off, however I dont really see them as saving money cause the set I ran before seemed to last about as long as my nitto DRs so I ended up needing a new set of tires twice as fast as if I just spend the extra money on some good tires lol.

That and they didnt get traction on a 180 hp NPI car.

As far as street tires, Ive had really good luck with the kumho ecsta XS, goodyear eagle f1 gds3, and the vredestein sessantas are very good tires.

That is true about burning them off, however I dont really see them as saving money cause the set I ran before seemed to last about as long as my nitto DRs so I ended up needing a new set of tires twice as fast as if I just spend the extra money on some good tires lol.

That and they didnt get traction on a 180 hp NPI car.

As far as street tires, Ive had really good luck with the kumho ecsta XS, goodyear eagle f1 gds3, and the vredestein sessantas are very good tires.

Good point im looking at nittos for my next set =]

I like kumhos i had kumho ecstas on my civic they were pretty good about grip

i dont consider them stretched silver but the are pretty flush with the rim. im a more rim less tire kinda guy, lol!!

I dont mind a small stretch my self =] but when you try to fit a 155 on a 10" rim thats when it gets retarded lmao

Sumitumo HTRz

7/10

Pros: Good for daily driving (which is all I do). Had them for about a year and tread is still pretty good. I've put about 8000 miles on them already. Good for burnouts. Cheap.

Cons: May not be suitable for cars with actual power. My 158rwhp isn't really enough to loose traction when hammering the pedal.

I dont mind a small stretch my self =] but when you try to fit a 155 on a 10" rim thats when it gets retarded lmao
lmao!! no shit!! dont see how they keep air in some that ive seen, lol!!

Kuhmo MX(245/45/17 - 275/40/17): Inexpensive. First set put on the car

Pros: Not bad for an inexpensive DD tire. Ok in the rain, never had issues. Auto-xed them a few times and they did ok for a normal tire.

Cons:Put about 3-4k on them and they had about half life on them. Not meant for crazy cornering, didnt have insane grip and could break them loose pretty easily.

Kuhmo XS( 4- 295/35/17)- Relatively inexpensive for what they are and offer, sorta. On car now.

Pros: Got a killer deal on them. Can already feel the better grip(of course they are alot bigger!) Sidewall is much stiffer. Has a decent ride, not alot of noise.

Havnt pushed them too hard and havnt hit an auto-x event yet. So I will report back after I do. Otherwise havnt felt any slip or any screatching when hitting on/off ramps kinda hard yet. Im still gaining confidence with the new suspension and getting used to the car again. So im sure Ill get there.

Cons: Um theyr big? and are normally about 1k for the size I got. I got them for 500. Seem to slip a tad in the rain when going from a stop, but that could be they are not warmed up and with my dumbass driving. Very SHORT lifespan, if driven hard all the time. Can expect MAYBE 10k out of them.

They have a shiney hard finish to them when they arrive - I suggest not getting them installed on a day its raining, the drive home was fun needless to say.

Buddy put 2 auto-x seasons(8 or so full sessions) drove them in the rain, and in the snow in the winter(sometimes).<- Wouldnt recommend it, but Ima try it lol. And didnt have a huge problem with them. So we shall see!

Edited by Shifty

BFG KDW (265/35/18 and 295/35/18) 9/10 for street tires.

PROS: Tread design is amazing dry and impressive wet... took the tq from the blower and put it right to the ground. I've tried lots of "high end performance tires" from other companies (Nittos, Michelin, Bridgestone etc...). Most didn't match up performance for the dollar. Good on the street and did amazing on the road course for not being an R compound tire.

CONS: Only reason they aren't 10/10 is there is road noise some don't like and many won't cough up the $$ for a new set.

Cont Extreme Contacts (255/35 and 285/35 - which gives me almost the same contact patch as the larger BFG - and the BFGs have run wide compared to every other brand I've used). Put them on about a week ago.

PROS: So far I'm impressed, not enough time to give a real impression. Quiet, great wet and dry. I do a lot of highway driving on them (somewhere between 120 and 160 miles a day).

CONS: Haven't had them to the track yet and I gotta peal the BFG logo off the back now. :( LOL

Nitto 555R (275/40/17)

Pros- Decent price. They could hook up 570rwhp from a stop. Never took them to the track though.

Cons- Honestly, I don't really have any for my set up. I didn't have any issues in the rain. My car is 99.9% DD. When my current tires go out I'm getting another set.

Sumitomos (275/45/17, 315/35/17)

These came on the rims when I bought them from American Muscle. The Nittos weren't an option yet. I don't really have much good to say about them. First through third was useless with the blower on. I can still pretty much spin them at will without the blower as well. I'm planning on replacing them soon.

Cont Extreme Contacts 285-40-17 on a 17x10.5. $400ish +/- for the set of (2)

Tires hook up extremely well dry and wet. The car used to spin through the first couple gears with 315-35 sumi's out back and not the car shits and gets from a dig on these Extreme Contact. And they have extremely good grip even when its pouring rain.

I give these tires 10 out of 10. No noise, smooth ride and they do everything they should. By far the best tire i have owned yet even compared to my prev nitto 555's.Didn't want to spend the $400 on a set of street rubbers but now im glad i did!

TOYO Proxes TR1 = Rubish!

No traction when the road is wet, the car literally becomes a death trap.

Nankang Sport track

An okay tire, not bad, but I would not recommend them.