smallblocksn95

Break in / start up tune

Forgive me if any of this sounds dumb, as I've never had a car tuned. Is it possible to have a rough tune wrote without having the car in front of the tuner? I'm going to need one for my Windsor because I'm changing a lot of things than how it sits now. I have a 95 gt with a t4mo

I'm interested in this too, I would like to be able to safely finish my engines break in period before it's run in the dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith would be able to help you no problem! He had mine running really well on first start-up. Well, I should say once I loaded the tune properly with the software, then it worked lol. Was all done remotely.

Sent from Space

As Steve-Oh said, your tuner can set you up with a startup tune.  Depending on your combination and whether they have any experience with similar setups, could be very close to spot on or could be very rough...

I sent my SCT chip to my tuner, he wrote a basic driving tune based on a basic list of mods to let me drive the car to his shop. I just stayed out of boost and it ran just fine for the 1.5 hour trip to his shop for the dyno tune.

It's not a problem to have a tuner do this.  Any tuner worth their salt can, provided a list of mods, send you a basic tune that allows you to make the drive to their shop.  I've had start-up tunes emailed to me on several different occasions.  Each time I drove about 130 miles to the tuner without any issues.