Prokiller

Full Moon Friday Garage w/ attached house

Lol no kidding eh ;)  7 lee blvd?   :P

I've heard of such a place out in Malvern lol!

i can neither confirm nor deny that i have any knowledge of said location

Didn't update for this weekends activities.

Saturday:

actually took a relaxing morning and just lounged around a bit doing little things here and there.  then mowed the lawn, got stung by a yellow jacket on the back of my right hand.  which then i ended up finding out i'm now getting an allergic reaction to.  hand started swelling up later that night and benadryl didn't help much.  ended up going to an urgent care on sunday to get some steroids.  We ended up going up to the wife's grandmother's place to pick up a desk she no longer needed and ended up driving away with that and a riding lawn mower and a poly cart.   i didn't take a picture of the mower but it's more of a go cart than a lawn mower.  i feel like i need to wear a Mario outfit and go throwing shells at people rather than mow grass with it.  it won't fit under the trees so i don't even know if i'm going to use it or not.

Sunday:

went up and helped the father in-law with his roof so my house didn't get get anything accomplished.  so not much of a productive weekend.

Monday:

last night we took a lowes/home depot run to get stuff.  got the last pieces to finish off the closet organizers in the office, got some drywall anchors to re-hang the stairway railing, found the one switch plate that we still needed (it's an oddball one), and got a new chandelier for the dining table. 

19FB45A7-7B57-4E53-B006-79A21D891A9D_zps

now the bitch of it is that we couldn't find a matching light for the kitchen.  not sure if we're going to hang this just yet because if i can't find a light to match we'll have to figure something else out.

Got the office floor all cleaned up and ready for the new desk.

C18B5122-94A6-4F41-86BD-FC5D07DB7351_zps

while i was doing that and finishing up the closet organizers, the wife was finishing priming the kitchen cabinets

087A01D1-30FE-4006-AD52-03FB61DD11E8_zps

Today:

my wife sent me these two pictures from this morning painting the actual cabinets.  it's kinda hard to tell but it is darker than the primer.

7F536E0E-34D8-4489-907E-54B3BBA90BDD_zps

7928CE1C-7EC5-4756-AEAD-593AD4679450_zps

a work bench is for working not storing stuff.  only tools that will go on there will be a bench grinder and a vise

• Moderators

a work bench is for working not storing stuff.  only tools that will go on there will be a bench grinder and a vise

Let me know how that goes.  10 months later and my bench is still covered in shit... to include a new bench grinder.

Let me know how that goes.  10 months later and my bench is still covered in shit... to include a new bench grinder.

i don't know, that's a big pet peeve for me.  if i have no room to actually work on a project then what the hell is the point of the bench.  if it comes down to not having enough space, then it's time to for a new storage solution

last night marked the end of an era....no more sittin' log @Yeahloh95 @95riosnake @Shifty

FE05E143-22F0-48AB-A8A0-E6ECF403F0BE_zps

the father in-law came down while we were both at work and chopped it all down. 

On the kitchen cabinet front...the paint looks purple.  no sure if we're going to keep going with it or not now.  certain lighting really gives off a reflection of purple, not the gray we were intending.  half of me says it won't be a big deal, but the other part is I have to live with this kitchen for a couple years and i don't want purple,

• Moderators

i don't know, that's a big pet peeve for me.  if i have no room to actually work on a project then what the hell is the point of the bench.  if it comes down to not having enough space, then it's time to for a new storage solution

I'm at that point now.  I need another work bench, but don't want to fork over the cash (I'm A type and want it to be the same as my other one).  I need a better solution for all the random crap you accumulate being a homeowner and DIYer.

On the kitchen cabinet front...the paint looks purple.  no sure if we're going to keep going with it or not now.  certain lighting really gives off a reflection of purple, not the gray we were intending.  half of me says it won't be a big deal, but the other part is I have to live with this kitchen for a couple years and i don't want purple,

We're having the same issue in the living room.  The designers :rolleyes: picked out two grey colors, one slightly darker than the other for an accent wall.  We painted a swatch of each on the walls.  Not only are they pretty blue (not grey), they're so close in color even my 100% perfect vision cannot tell them apart.

seriously....what's the bullitt wheel there for? lol

hose looks awesome btw 

also why does that pic of that bullitt wheel make me really want chrome deep dish bullitts lol? like seriously

its a defective wheel and/or tire.  was planning to make something out of it but not sure what.  probably a hose reel.

alright so the paint that we got for the kitchen cabinets was definitely purple.  had to have them mix up a pint of it without the purple pigment and we put that on a section.  it's pretty much exactly what we were going for.  So she went back to the Ace to get a gallon of it.  ended up they made it with in eggshell not satin like we asked for.  so another trip to Ace and we finally got the right paint.  tonight is going to be the big night for the kitchen.  the plan is to get that all knocked out tonight.

also need to run some cat5e from the office to the entertainment center in the basement.  i already did a run to the other side of the office for the wife's computer.  not that the wireless is slow, but it does make a difference when you can plug into gig and transfer stuff.

tomorrow i plan to change the oil in the infiniti and then hopefully actually work on the mustang a bit.

Friday night got the kitchen cabinets all painted

9FE44984-02F1-4B62-98EF-AB99DCF7326D_zps

Came back on saturday for a second coat on only a few areas.  i was able to do two coats with the roller, just didn't get to do two coats on all the brush areas.  it was getting too late any i was beat.  Either way, the paint is now done.  had to clean the insides again before we put stuff away but it's now an actual functioning kitchen. FINALLY! 

Saturday i messed around in the garage.  changed the oil and the transmission fluid in the Infiniti.  People came over saturday night so i got a hand with the filing cabinet i got from my mom's work (for free) and running cat5e to the entertainment center.  Can now watch all the movies have on my NAS and also netflixy stuff.  Capped off the night with a lot of beer, grilled meat and cards against humanity.  it was a good time

Sunday was an unpacking day.  Got the basement kitchen all cleaned up as well. 

E413D276-D2BD-4973-B829-7DE1BD02E550_zps

Got my office all straightened up and put away. 

75AB1B3A-D9C1-4ACC-80D1-B3A40363DA0B_zps

Just have to finish putting the kitchen stuff away and we'll be pretty much done "moving in"

C388F0B2-BAAC-44CD-A058-B7707648F9CF_zps

hopefully today it will be all done and this area empty for the pool table next monday.  i'm excited for that one because i really miss playing billiards. 

last night marked the end of an era....no more sittin' log @Yeahloh95 @95riosnake @Shifty

FE05E143-22F0-48AB-A8A0-E6ECF403F0BE_zps

the father in-law came down while we were both at work and chopped it all down. 

How many chain saws bit the dust doing that? Lol, I remember the cut that brought the pole down kicked that chain saw in the nuts.

How many chain saws bit the dust doing that? Lol, I remember the cut that brought the pole down kicked that chain saw in the nuts.

that was the same thing i asked.  apparently only one chain.  said it was a brand new one though

still so random that theres the second kitchen downstairs haha.  was it possibly used by a couple familes or was it an apt down there?

i doubt it.  hardcore italians usually have a second kitchen in the basement. 

This was my thought exactly.. That chainsaw was struggling.. bad

ryan did i miss pics of said shed?

hmm apparently i missed this one picture from the listing.  i don't have any pictures of the current state of the completely overgrown garden

ISto66ytya5hym0000000000_zpse112b51d.jpg

shed is like 12' x 20' which is plenty of space for my measly yard equipment and will then house some wood working shop space.

this weekend was more of a mustang weekend then a house weekend.  i did however get the handrail coming up the stairs re-installed.

pool table is being installed right now!

6D174B34-9A54-47CA-9D18-72A35D3CA090_zps

more pics of the table

5B56E135-5431-42D5-B5E2-3BEF15176BEC_zps

leveled out and ready for felt

7D024E4C-5B0C-44DF-90BE-6B189D87EDEE_zps

all done

7DA31070-A33C-4E9C-BA56-DD01E86FFFEA_zps

the wall on the right with the holes in it is where the cue rack will go.  hopefully it will cover all the mess up that it won't be so noticeable.

9336FD08-4B40-451B-AB4C-E46E655226FD_zps

haven't updated this in a bit because mostly it's nothing really that big to put in.  still working on sanding down the kitchen cabinet doors.  i wanted to do that this weekend but it was just too freakin hot and the wife wanted a new garage door opener instead.  The garage she parks in works but we couldn't get any remote opener to sync up with it.  i tried all the different variety of ones we had including my infiniti which is supposed to work with damn near anything.  Not to mention the thing sounded like a sherman tank everytime it operated.  i think it had a date stamp on it from 1991 so i figure it would be okay to replace it.  Craftsman club had a 1/2 horsepower on sale for $150 this week so we scooped that up.

D07E5CA9-DCDE-4227-991D-116296D3255A_zps

Ran into some problems during install because of how low the ceiling is but nothing a drill and a masonry bit couldn't fix.  it's smoother and quieter than the old one for sure.  only problem now is the remotes.  i programed the new opener to the main middle button on the new remotes.  then the main garage door on the left button.  well now whatever button you push it will operate the main garage door.  so the middle button actually operates both doors right now which is really weird and annoying.

while i was at sears though i picked up some socket organizers too.  still need 2 more 1/4 drive trays because i have 12 points that need it yet.  i'm quite happy with them so far though.  only a couple of the sockets don't fit on the studs, but it's no biggie to me if a few don't seat right.

0988CAEE-9038-4DBE-BB68-D79B20EA19A6_zps

hmm apparently i missed this one picture from the listing.  i don't have any pictures of the current state of the completely overgrown garden

ISto66ytya5hym0000000000_zpse112b51d.jpg

shed is like 12' x 20' which is plenty of space for my measly yard equipment and will then house some wood working shop space.

man i get so jealous of home owners that have space or out in the country. such an awesome view man! 

i remember growing and my dad was always getting pissed off because he would misplace a tool.  i'd have to spend 10 minutes looking for the wrench or what not.  i started to get in the habit of always putting the tool back right after i'm done with it.  sometimes it's a pain in the ass to always have to go back to the toolbox for a particular size but then again, you always know where it is.

did a couple more doors last night.  doesn't seem like a lot but the drawers are already done and not pictured.

FA44F561-1A64-4A42-8B38-9565B5605C3E_zps

still a lot to sand down before we can paint them. 

got the rest of the doors sanded down this weekend.  didn't take any pics of them yet but they all look the same anyway just different sizes.  the wife is laying them out and priming them right actually while i'm at work.  if we're lucky, they will be dry enough to throw a coat of paint on them tonight yet.