GearGambler

94 GT CCRM

It is really hard to find some good info out there on the net regarding this subject.  

First, let me preface this by saying that I just replaced the electric fan, again.  When I first got the car at 102k miles, the fan died.  Then I grabbed a used one my friend had laying around.  That died in a couple months.  Then I replaced it with a new one.  That one just died at 230k miles (not complaining here!).  The story on the latest is this:  I realized that the car was running a little warm.  I turned it off, grabbed my code reader and did a KOEO test.  The fan never fired.  Next I jumped the fan and it was just dead.  When the replacement fan came in, I did the KOEO test again.  It is supposed to fire the fan on Low and High.  Only High came on.  Even when the car warms up I notice that only High comes on.  

I'm thinking it's a CCRM issue, but wanted to get some feedback from the masses first.  Let me know your thoughts!

Possibility when my ccrm fried a year or so ago, my fan became stuck on high whenever I connected the battery with the ignition off. Also it would stay on with the ignition on. So it could be, only thing is I had a time finding a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found them on eBay. I have also found them from rock auto, and Amazon.com. The ones on eBay are used and typically range from $20-$30. The new ones are about 130 to 140$

My fan turns on when it is supposed to turn on. But all I have is the highest setting. The low setting never comes on. Thoughts?

I had my CCRM go out on me right after the 347 went in, was driving to meet the guy for the photoshoot of my car you always see of it in the parking garage back when it had the chrome Y2K's on it... anyway, 93 degrees sitting in traffic, the car hit about 235 degrees before I finally threw in the towel and pulled over for about an hour to let the traffic die down. The fan wouldn't kick on at all, AND I was running a stock radiator at the time lol.

I picked up one from eBay, no problems since.

can anyone explain to me how the low speed of the fan should work? I know that high speed kicks on when the AC is turned on.

check out this site:

https://sites.google.com/site/sn95mustangs/tech-info/94-95-ccrm

and this one:

http://sbftech.com/index.php?topic=311.0

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I was able to procure a CCRM ( letter S on the front) from someone on craigslist for 20$.  I'm going to try it out once I get back from Mustang week.  Maybe I'll do it while I'm down there, we'll see.  I'll keep everyone posted!  

I thought it would be good to follow up here just in case.  The S code CCRM didn't seem to work after I installed it.  I've been running the stock CCRM (F48F-12B577-AA has R on the back of it) even with the low speed not working for the fan.  After the engine swap, I was getting codes that were CCRM related.  Probably the result of me kicking the CCRM a few times getting into and out of the engine bay!  Codes were for the fuel pump relay circuit fault and the electric fan relay.  I replaced the CCRM with a reman A1 Cardone unit:  73-70020.  Cost was 115.00 and required the old one as a core.  Codes are gone!  Everything works as expected now.