GearGambler

Odometer fix and dash bulb upgrade

Car is a 94 GT.  I had the problem where the odometer stopped working.  I found a GREAT vid on youtube by LMS that showed how to fix it.  I ordered the parts and did the repair.  Simple!  sure enough, one of those gears came out in pieces.

while I was at it, I got LED replacement bulbs from eBay for the dash bulbs.  I replaced all of those (there are 5), the two in the heater controls, and two for the license plate bulbs.  at first I thought i had bad ones, but it turns out that they are directional.  I turned them around and they worked.  I'm kicking myself for not doing this a LONG time ago.  what a huge difference!  I would take a pic, but low light and camera make for a potato quality pic.  

If anyone wants more info on this, let me know!

Edit:  I updated my blog with a write up!  http://geargambler.blogspot.com/

haha i did the same thing when i installed my LED bulbs, put em in backwards. didnt think that mattered!  turned em around and they worked perfect. 

faill.

26C9E2BB-7BE1-45E2-BB51-D5BF292F25CA_zps

and fixed! haha

A535CFB9-DF27-462F-85B1-073BEBD84974_zps

Funny I am doing the exact same thing. Odometer stopped working so i bought the gears for it and LEDs to put in since it will be out. Should be doing that tonight or so

I'm glad that I wasn't alone in putting them in backwards!  Since I bought them from eBay, I thought I wound up with some junk.  turned them around and it was fine.  

I agree, it is one of the best mods to be done to the interior of our cars.  I also replaced the license plate illumination bulbs.  WAY brighter!  

Here is the link to the bulbs I used:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/150793635333?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT