Tony

help me understand tuning...please :(

i planned on going to jegs later and getting a CAI, mil eliminators and a hand held tuner. wel now i'm hearing i have no reason to bother tunning it lol. 

so far i have (will have i should say) headers, catless xpipe and cat back exhaust, K&N cai and a SR upper plenum i already have here from my last GT.

is it too soon to bother tunning? also can't i just retune it latter if i were to add more? 

I wouldnt waste the money with a tuner yet, thats just me though.  @tony i feel like you're looking just to get some nice looks on the car right now, unless something else big is added motor/drivetrain wise I don't see a reason to drop that kind of coin yet.  

@tony i feel like you're looking just to get some nice looks on the car right now 

pffff....well yea  :rolleyes:

no but i remember posting a thread on sn95forums a long time ago about all these bolt ons not doing shit and was asked if i ever had it tuned. i said nope. well then in a not so polite way that unless i get it tuned i won't see shit lol. most seemed to agree

pffff....well yea :rolleyes:

no but i remember posting a thread on sn95forums a long time ago about all these bolt ons not doing shit and was asked if i ever had it tuned. i said nope. well then in a not so polite way that unless i get it tuned i won't see shit lol. most seemed to agree

I would agree you won't see the best gains possible without a tuner, but with the mods and my experience I don't think a tuner is warranted yet, it'll still run just fine. I'm

Basing it off the previous stang that you want it to look and sound good. Not 100% sure that's the intentions right now. But that's what I'm goin off of :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree you won't see the best gains possible without a tuner, but with the mods and my experience I don't think a tuner is warranted yet, it'll still run just fine. I'm

Basing it off the previous stang that you want it to look and sound good. Not 100% sure that's the intentions right now. But that's what I'm goin off of :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so if i get a tuner now with these mods and have it tuned....can't i retune it later with the same hand held if i go supercharged, pi heads or whatever? or are they like a 1 time deal? 

that's basically what i was wondering. 

You can always get a new tune on it as long as you have the handheld tuner.  Depending on the company you go through to get the tunes, they will either be new tunes free for life, or they will give you a free one off the bat and you will have to pay for new tunes.  or you can get it dyno tuned and they can use the handheld tuner to upload tunes

You won't need to tune it with bolt-ons. Just wait until you boost it or cam it or w/e to save yourself some money. Also, find a reputable tuner. Don't use American Muscle or any pre-loaded tunes. Get a specific tune for your car. 

IMHO I wouldn't waste my money until you get an actual tune from a reputable source. The tunes that come in those from regular parts suppliers are crap. The only way I would get one w/o getting a tune would be to change gear ratios and tire sizes. 

When you do go to tune the car I'd recommend looking into a used tuner. It might be easier said than done, I don't know, but if you find a compatible tuner for sale that has been unlocked it may save you some money. I was fortunate enough to pick up an SCT tuner from a guy who previously used it on his '05-'09 GT. He sold it to me for $125 and I paid $150 for someone to provide me a tune through e-mail. Best of luck with whatever you do, though.

Well first off.. F sn95F.. haha.. I would just look into running it as is.. go to a reputable tuner, I recommend IPS, or in my area look into dayton 5.0/dayton performance..the owners name is Mike bell.. or contact David rowe.. both on my Facebook ;-).. or just come drink beer with me at the Newport on the levee hooters and we will hit up cincy speed and talk to Tracy scott or adam.. both amazing tuners.. worst comes to worst.. we still have beer, tits, and wings..

Well first off.. F sn95F.. haha.. I would just look into running it as is.. go to a reputable tuner, I recommend IPS, or in my area look into dayton 5.0/dayton performance..the owners name is Mike bell.. or contact David rowe.. both on my Facebook ;-).. or just come drink beer with me at the Newport on the levee hooters and we will hit up cincy speed and talk to Tracy scott or adam.. both amazing tuners.. worst comes to worst.. we still have beer, tits, and wings..

lmao. i like tits man  :D