Carbon Driven

2001 Cobra Major Build Thread

Had a problem with the intake manifold's port n idle with my SBTB so had to buy another one non-ported and had some "extra" custom mods done to it first before polishing this time and then a twin blade TB so no idle issues 

Bought just the bare lid off of one of the forums.

post-356-0-07135800-1407911963_thumb.jpg

Had is "modified". A TRUE EGR delete and removal of all the sensor mounting tabs n crap!

post-356-0-25335100-1407911921_thumb.jpg

post-356-0-47070300-1407911936_thumb.jpg

New one vs Previous one

post-356-0-59307500-1407912077_thumb.jpg

Money shot!

post-356-0-16178700-1407912130_thumb.jpg

damn that intake looks clean as hell. love it!

This thread blows.

In a good way.

very nice glad you got it up and running

now that's a good looking intake! 

Thanks guys!! :)

Wait...are you Cobra Drifter on SVTP?

Yup :)

Ah ok cool. Yea I try to keep my same user name on every forum and business name where Im authorized.

Need to get the Cobra up and running for Monday to start DDing it again as life is way too hard car pooling. Been doing it for months and its just too hard.

Friend is coming over to help with this quick swap again as my back went out earlier this week from taking the borrowed mach 1 lid off to give back to the shop.

post-356-0-42875700-1408213493_thumb.jpg

post-356-0-83896400-1408213506_thumb.jpg

post-356-0-01428200-1408213562_thumb.jpg

No, oem lower

Took some new pics today of the custom manifold installed! Baller!!! :D

Pics after I finally get to eat some food since a donut at breakfast, Too much to do and not enough time :(

And some videos!!! Idling at just over 1,000 rpms. Soon as its broken in and dyno tuned it will be around 800

With camera

With cellphone (bit of a better sound)

I had to install some resonators/baffles to quiet it down a bit so I dont get pulled over in an instant and car impounded lol

Video of that coming up soon.

Thanks! Nope, still need about 800 more miles. I wasnt driving it because it was just insanely loud and would be at high risk for impound if I got pulled over. Installed resonators the other say and sounds borderline.

Resonators installed video:

LOL. Took it to drop off some stuff n of course I pass by a cop on the way back but seen him so coasted it by him. Seems like every single time I drive it I pass at least 1-5 cops.

Too much money invested in the build to let them impound it and hope it doesnt get crushed or stripped

I need a DD bad!

LOL. Took it to drop off some stuff n of course I pass by a cop on the way back but seen him so coasted it by him. Seems like every single time I drive it I pass at least 1-5 cops.

Too much money invested in the build to let them impound it and hope it doesnt get crushed or stripped

I need a DD bad!

They impound for sound????

(Simple no will suffice Lol no need to spill any possible criminal history)

No/Yes. You can get just a simple fix it ticket for loudness but if your loudness is due to not having C.A.R.B. legal parts then yes. Judgement call on the officer if hes cool or a prick. Im not saying which I have, just the CA facts lol

Thanks! Nope, still need about 800 more miles. I wasnt driving it because it was just insanely loud and would be at high risk for impound if I got pulled over. Installed resonators the other say and sounds borderline.

Resonators installed video:

that sounds so good. honestly doesnt sound much quieter than before hah

It sounds the same as far as its tone but the volume is turned down by about 25% or so I'd say

CA has great weather, sucky trafic all hours of every day of the week but the smog and motor vehicle laws totally blow!

Im thinking of moving one of these years soon to Vegas. Much less strict smog laws and an A- rating for small businesses. CA has a F currently.

then I can go all out and WOT on the streets without a worry lol

Im thinking of moving one of these years soon to Vegas. Much less strict smog laws and an A- rating for small businesses. CA has a F currently.

then I can go all out and WOT on the streets without a worry lol

Great freeways... much like Arizona

New stainless screen integrated into the silicone coupler. Great for the dyno or track. :)

post-356-0-56109600-1417307536_thumb.jpg

post-356-0-82982900-1417307649_thumb.jpg

Dont thinkg Ive posted this here yet.

Got my Kurgan tune in person couple weeks ago. Everyone is blown away at the numbers including Bob :D

601 hp with only 7.99 lbs of boost!