Carbon Driven

2001 Cobra Major Build Thread

Well almost is almost lol.

Heres the video from the next day after tuning when I took it to the drag track for my first time back in about 4 years. Concentrated on not burning out at the line so only had a 0.6xx and a 0.8xx reaction times and ran only twice. Borrowing a fire jacket cut our runs down by 1/2.

2nd gear burnout! :)

At the very end of the video you can see HEADLIGHTS come on!!! Some fool TURNED AROUND at the last exit instead of going to the end and exiting!!!

post-356-0-08685100-1417590008_thumb.jpg

Probably MT ET Streets. Dont have any way to swap the wheels at the track (people will cut any chained to the light poles :() so for now Im going with the drag radial and swap them on at home for the 14 mile drive to the track

Slicks should be my next set after these are worn out.

Ps, man this site is super slow like dial up :(

Took all of 1 minute (thats about all I have free lately, how sad lol) but the Cobra got washed and filter installed. Took it around a couple blocks to keep the battery healthy.

Still need to get the rear tires and then its off to the track

post-356-0-13963900-1424242823_thumb.jpg

post-356-0-63782700-1424242836_thumb.jpg

post-356-0-02611000-1424242851_thumb.jpg

post-356-0-41313200-1424242867_thumb.jpg

Well looks like fitting the 15" racestars on my IRS is absolutely not possible. Even with a low profile brake caliper banjo bolt n line I will have to grind off too much lca material for it to be safe when launching at the track. Guess if it wasnt tracked it could work but then whats the point of race wheels lol

Soooo I will be going SRA for the track and retaining my IRS for possible future use.

post-356-0-59854100-1431541238_thumb.jpg

post-356-0-25762700-1431541254_thumb.jpg

Is Junior doing an IRS swap?

That sucks about the wheels not fitting with the IRS. It's a really nice setup but it definitely comes with a few disadvantages. I feel like I've seen 15's on the rear of an IRS car before, maybe Racestars just aren't as spacious inside?

Is Junior doing an IRS swap?

That sucks about the wheels not fitting with the IRS. It's a really nice setup but it definitely comes with a few disadvantages. I feel like I've seen 15's on the rear of an IRS car before, maybe Racestars just aren't as spacious inside?

Yea and I think the racestars are the smallest interior barrel 15" out there. Weld RTs I hear fit a bit better but much more costly of a rim too.

You can 15's if you grind the tie rod mount like the picture. I wasn't comfortable with that either. So I ran 16" rims for the track.

Which 16's you running?