Prokiller

The Great Green Flipper

Lol I usually leave the garage door open so they can wander out at their leisure.  Although if I'm sitting on the ground the one likes to creep up on my lap, then proceed to lick my face. 

Lol I usually leave the garage door open so they can wander out at their leisure.  Although if I'm sitting on the ground the one likes to creep up on my lap, then proceed to lick my face. 

jasper did that to me the other week.  was under the car on the creeper and i didn't see him sneak up on me and i just felt a tongue on my ear.  scared the crap out of me

jasper did that to me the other week.  was under the car on the creeper and i didn't see him sneak up on me and i just felt a tongue on my ear.  scared the crap out of me

HAHAHAHA!  :D  Sometimes they're pretty stealthy.

When you list it for sale, include a photo of it doing a MASSIVE rolling burnout, then in the description make sure to put something along the lines of "babied...never beat on" etc, lol. I love when people put that in ads for mustangs, because I'd bet money that maybe 1 in 1000 mustangs has truly been babied lol.

got the carpet abotu 70% installed.  wanted to take more pics of the progess but you know how it is, you get into it and don't think to stop and snap a picture.  the pass side is all back together.  just have to make a couple cuts on the driver's side for the seatbelt mounts and around the speaker area under the rear seat to make it lay flat.  otherwise it's ready for the center console and other other panels.

8365619A-7793-4234-882B-125622FA63AB_zps

863CC4F2-29EC-4AA1-B3AC-05CE2958A1C0_zps

8006F557-8BC5-4110-92BF-00982EFD1C61_zps

threw a seat in there just to get an idea of what it will look like

033CB2DF-4AE8-49FF-A2E5-D8AEB15779F7_zps

also measured and planned out what we need to make to adapt the stock seat brackets to the new racing seats.  getting some 2" flat stock and cutting it up and drilling a few holes should do it up.  should be pretty straightforward.  after mowing the lawn tonight i plan to finish up the carpet.

kinda took a break from this for a while.  we did get the carpet finished up.  only thing left is to put the center console back in but had to glue the magnet back in place.

i found a rear seat for the car but it was charcoal and from a v6.  so the color doesn't match the new black carpet and seats.  my dad got some fabric paint and threw a coat on the base to see how it looks

444E63D1-E1C8-4CC9-9778-048F42DE0A1D_zps

this is the paint we're using

4FAA4163-8C89-4240-AF17-09E5FDB043A3_zps

also dropped the front bumper off for paint.  should be done any day now. 

Ryam you sure your selling this thing? You either scored this for 500 bucks or you have a sucker lined up cause it seems as though you are going to have not only some money tied up in this but a few hours to boot. Not sure on pricing for a used vert by you but over here people are giving them away. Just dont want to see you go to off the deep end on a sale...... unlesss......youve fel in love lol

Ryam you sure your selling this thing? You either scored this for 500 bucks or you have a sucker lined up cause it seems as though you are going to have not only some money tied up in this but a few hours to boot. Not sure on pricing for a used vert by you but over here people are giving them away. Just dont want to see you go to off the deep end on a sale...... unlesss......youve fel in love lol

i hear ya Rich.  i don't want to advertise how much i have in it so far but remember i get discount on parts through work.  the goal is to sell in the 5k range.  I think i can get it once it's cleaned up.  i've been seeing beat to hell verts getting 3k around here.  as far as keeping it, i wish it was a different color scheme otherwise i would.  the underside is perfect.  yes i know i could replace the top and paint the car and switch out the interior.....but realistically i could buy what i really want for the amount it would cost me to do all that.

@tony it's from AM.  fit wasn't too bad.  biggest thing was just taking a little at a time away from the center console to get it fit the rest of the way.  that was really the only cutting i did.  other than around dead pedal a bit.

I do really want to get another sn vert but i wouldn't go as far as i have on my black one.  i'd keep it relatively mild.  I want to try my hand with a 4.6.  PI swap it and bolt-ons for power and then just some good suspension.  probably not a whole lot exterior wise.

got the seat back done.

2D1310C8-2324-450F-8A17-941A0CD4470D_zps

replaced all the spark plugs with new autolites.  threw on the wires, cap and coil that i used to have on the 94.  These were perfectly working stuff that i replaced because of color and fitment.  I wanted all the red gone from the engine bay in the 94

1FA1445E-8B15-4E68-853D-92829419B875_zps

the car did a a slight miss to it that i attributed to stock ignition parts and the fact that the cats are clogged up.  well i think this was the culprit.  the coil was severely corroded.

7676A923-F8C0-49C4-B938-EDD4234E0D20_zps

77428833-B644-4F90-910F-FD9641ADCAAA_zps

engine is now done.  just waiting for the seat to cure before putting that in.  I did take the driver's door panel off too and pulled the window motor to replace the bushings as it was starting to click.  got the bushings, just have to reassemble the motor and then i'll pull the lower hinge off and replace that.   Might do that tonight if i feel ambitious.

got some stuff done this weekend on this car.  Got the window motor put back in.  Still have to replace the hinge so i didn't put the panel back on. 

My dad broke out his 40 year old home ec skills and sowed the rips in the seats.  the fabric itself wasn't damaged, just the stitching broke.  So we pulled off the hog rings, pulled it back off the foam and restitched it.  Got new hog rings and the pliers and boom we're back in business.\

FBBF8A4C-193D-4722-88FE-6B4ACD7A64C2_zps

can't even tell it was fixed

8F363E97-C108-4398-9907-97CD292A6B44_zps

and the seats installed in the car.

D855D47E-0E02-4016-8752-3C23D43BE152_zps

next up is to pull the driver's door off and replace the hinge.  this weekend i think were going to tackle making the seat bracket adapters to mount in the racing seats.  that will finish up the interior then.

the front bumper is painted and will be dropped off tonight.  So really it will be just finishing up buffing the sides and throw the new bumpers on.  It will be ready for inspection and then i'll throw a catback and mid-pipe on it and call it done for now.  probably still going to throw some lowering springs on it but i would like to actually drive the car for a little bit too so we'll see.

got the bumper monday night.

6457E2A3-79DB-4FC5-9D42-B1B2517EDC9D_zps

threw it on just to see color match.  it was too hard to tell in the garage with it not mounted to the car.

808CC6C1-B2BA-48D8-A553-368305C0486F_zps

looks pretty darn close though.  can't wait to get this done.  @Shifty is coming over tonight to help me with the door hinge replacement and with any luck, we'll get the front end reassembled too.

Looks great! Like how you snuck the cover up just enough so we can see the black cars bumper! [emoji106].

Side note: no jasper, kindof upset about it [emoji19]

Sent from Space

haha that wasn't intentional.  I had to pull the cover up to take off the battery tender and put it on the vert.  i guess i left the door ajar just enough to drain the battery down.  didn't feel like pull the cover back down just to pull it back up again to put the charger back.  and i know, he was too busy out pee on a bush or something outside.  he doesn't much like hanging out in the garage.  i think too many loud noises tend to spook him.

As for last night.  we got the door hinge replaced and the door pretty good as far as lining up with the fender.  I think i'll have my body guy fine tune it.  we tried for a good half hour and just couldn't get it match up top.  not sure if at this point it's a fender adjustment or just a more practiced hand at adjusting the door.  BUT look at this smooth action

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r282/toolstang/Mustang%20flips/th_9DE7DD02-CF94-434B-BA30-B1E88070C354_zpspp0ipnl3.mp4

Was going to throw the front end back together but realized i need to pop rivet on the bumper brackets and i don't have a rivet gun.  my dad is going to bring his down hopefully this weekend and then i can throw that together.  We did however swap out the rear bumper.  pics suck because there isn't much lighting back there and it was pouring and dark outside so opening the door wouldn't have helped much.  will get some better pics hopefully either tonight or this weekend.

2114BF2E-FA15-4EBC-880E-40CFEFCC19D5_zps

I'm gonna have to do hinges at some point. My driver's door makes a click sound right before it opens all the way, drives me insane.

i thought it would be easier and yet i also thought it would be harder.  The part i thought would be hard ended up being easy which was getting to the bolts.  The part i didn't think would be so difficult ended up being the problem which was getting the door lined back up.  There really isn't that much adjust-ability with the hinges but yet it took a while of tinkering to get it lined up.  and even then it's still not 100%

i thought it would be easier and yet i also thought it would be harder.  The part i thought would be hard ended up being easy which was getting to the bolts.  The part i didn't think would be so difficult ended up being the problem which was getting the door lined back up.  There really isn't that much adjust-ability with the hinges but yet it took a while of tinkering to get it lined up.  and even then it's still not 100%

my friend owns a body shop, and when we did mine, he had this awesome tool that hooked into the door latch and he "massaged" the door into line.  basically bent it till it fit perfect. lol

this is the gap up top.  it's kinda hard to get a picture that really shows it

89F5A068-AF1D-4EEB-8558-E1EB2F64470B_zps

the fender to door gap is uniform the whole way down, it's just the door sits in farther than the fender at the top ridge line.  if that makes sense.

@Blackmage, yeah i'm not that bold or talented to go bending a door.

this is the gap up top.  it's kinda hard to get a picture that really shows it

89F5A068-AF1D-4EEB-8558-E1EB2F64470B_zps

the fender to door gap is uniform the whole way down, it's just the door sits in farther than the fender at the top ridge line.  if that makes sense.

@Blackmage, yeah i'm not that bold or talented to go bending a door.

loosen up the bolts in the fender and push it in, and have a friend tighten the bolts down.  that should help get the top of the fender to line up a little closer.  you will also need to possibly loosen the bolts inside the door area where the fender is mounted, if i remember correctly there should be one in there?

but won't that adjust the hood gap? there isn't that much of a gap there.

Ahh yea it will a little, you'll have to massage it some, just keep working it here and there and it should get closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea the door almost sits like \ <--- that in a way. The top part almost sits in a bit into the fender. But is hard to see unless you are on top of it or feeling it. Gaps are all normal, door closes well as per the video. Just needs a bit more fine tuning. 

But it is one of those little things to make the sale of the car that much easier.

Yea Jasper was outside trying to step on some frogs or something. You can see he debates trying to eat them as his first experience picking one up in his mouth, did not end too wonderfully for him. Funny for us though.

have been at a standstill on this build dealing with other things and just plain ole laziness.  been waiting on putting the front bumper on because i didn't have a rivet gun to put the bracket on it.  Finally got that done last week but haven't had the ambition to put the front together yet.  

My dad had gotten metal do make the bracket adapters for the seats a couple weeks ago as well but haven't played with that yet either.  guess he had some time yesterday to come down while i was at work and got one of the seats mocked up and laid in the car.  so at least something is happening.  I have to travel again tomorrow and coming back friday afternoon so i think i'm going to put the front bumper on when i get back.

in the meantime though, here's the driver's seat put in place.

90242C74-A454-4374-AB0C-9D61593863BA_zps

EF69D780-3CDF-49EE-A8EC-E7F0D5E834F7_zps

E2D3FC2B-0021-4D61-8FB2-582DBD5AEBCC_zps

and a crappy shot of the bracket

3D61E454-B037-4E79-921D-DFC95F784284_zps

got stuff done on friday and saturday.  made some really good progress on the reassembly.

started with messing with the driver's door some more:

8F6F3B3C-658C-4B39-9AE4-2A6BAA7CE9F7_zps

that's i think about as good as it's going to get.

next up was putting the front bumper on

6F1F5498-7635-43E6-9A58-45D8393FCECA_zps

then the lights

6BA28B08-6CFD-400F-8CFD-554B47E9DC58_zps

and finally the pony to finish it off

1FB72CA6-6584-4E77-89B9-832FFA89ACFC_zps

i was doing all that while my dad was pulling the seat back out so we could use the driver's side brackets as the template for the pass side seat.  and to paint them before reinstalling.  while he was messing around with the paint, i put the door panel back together.

F8DEDB63-E067-47D8-BF48-0907688D27E6_zps

last but not pictured, i put my old black taillights in and put the trunk all back together.  only needs the spoiler to go back on before saying that end is done.  going to hold off on that until we fully polish and wax the trunk lid.

still need to properly adjust the new headlights and install the pass side seat and then it's off to get inspected.  hopefully that will be either this weekend or next.  then maybe, just MAYBE i'll get to actually drive the car a little bit.  which would be kinda nice even though its cold as balls outside now.

i have them but didn't feel like putting them back on yet.  i think i want to leave them off so the inspection station doesn't break them taking them off.