Prokiller

The Great Green Flipper

cleaned up and put the center console back together yesterday.  also cleaned and put the rad cover back on.  still have to figure out what to do with the sun visors.  i really need to get my ass into a fabric place and try and recover them myself.

don't have any pictures of it since it looks the same as the above ones, but the driver's seat is now mounted up.  we painted the brackets black like i mentioned above.  ended up that one of the seat's bolts was cross threaded from the factory so we couldn't finish up the pass side.  i don't have metric tap/die set yet so have to wait until my dad brings his set down and a new bolt.

got stuff done on this on saturday.  Took it down to my dad's friends shop and used his lift.  brought my the midpipe off my old red 94 that i kept for just such a case.  it only had 50k miles when i took it off so it's practically new.  worlds better than the one we took off.  the shield plates were literally falling off.  i set the pipe down and two of them fell off.  also discovered a couple things while it was up in the air.  The pass side o2 sensor was broken, so that got replaced.  Also there is a transmission fluid leak at the radiator so i'll need to drain that and fix those lines.  It was in the plan anyway to replace the trans filter and fluid anyway, this is just another thing to do while that's getting done.  It was actually a quart low too.  the whole underside of the engine was still pretty nasty so we sprayed the hell out of it with brake clean.

9297B4AF-AA0A-4CEE-9672-B09D631B898A_zps

surprisingly,  the catback bolts came right off.  the header bolts weren't too bad except for bottom one on the pass side (by the o2).  the 20 times of PB blaster hadn't helped a lick.  ended up having to bust the torch out and heat that thing up to glowing to break it lose.  new setup went in easy with the exception of the EGR pipe.  that thing wasn't going on far at all.  we heated it up to get it off but had already put the torches away and didn't feel like busting them out again.  we'll get that on more secure when we do the trans work.

all installed.  yes the tips are dirty.  i should have been cleaning them up for the past month but didn't.  i'll take them off and try and polish them.

977D521E-DFDA-4410-ACFE-0B5FA39068F0_zps

sunday i tried seeing what kind of headache it was going to be to recover the sun visors.  i got all the old stuff of one and tried to separate it but it's held on by expanding foam.  so either i hacksaw it apart or i try to make a cover to just go over it as is and just  heavily glue around the mirror part.  i'm thinking the later is the better option. i have a yard of black fleece that i was going to use.  it was closest to the stock fabricy feel stuff i could find.

FE7F6856-F6CD-4883-A092-4646DEFBCC83_zps

those sun visors look like hell to recover lol   

yeah.  although i found a local guy selling a pair for $25 the other day so i think i'm just going to get them off him.

went and visited some other mustang schlepps.  if we had gotten the snow storm we were supposed to get, i was going to try and do the gas tank filler gasket but since we got nothing, that will have to wait until this weekend.

Sounds like a waste, probably talked about which cap kits are the sickest I'm guessing.

and we had a long debate on which is the best caliper cover.

replaced the gas tank filler grommet yesterday.  was getting late to completely finish it.  just have to put the trunk panels back in and put the wheel back on it and put it on the ground.  that's the last thing that needed to be done before getting it inspected.  well other than finishing the pass side seat.

after all this work you might as well keep it :) looks good

the thought has crossed my mind numerous times but then i remember how nice buying a lift would be and that i don't want green/tan.

oh and i also finished up putting the trunk back together last night.

met up with a dude to buy some sun visors.  get them home to realize they are for the 99-04 and don't match up attachment wise.  back to square one on them.  

FOR SALE: really nice new edge charcoal lighted sun visors $25.

got a few things done on this this past weekend.  The idler pulley bearing was going and making some noise so replaced that.  Also checked the timing.  it was at like 4 degrees base.  so that would explain why this thing couldn't even get out of its own way.  the idle even sounded off a bit.  bumped it up to 12 degrees and it sounds so much better now.  both at idle and with some throttle.  revs cleaner.  i'm thinking the previous owner or whoever timed it without pulling the spout. 

Sounds like a waste, probably talked about which cap kits are the sickest I'm guessing.

heeeeeeeyyyyyyyy......am i missing something about caps lol? another no-no i somehow missed? dammit....always find this out AFTER i buy shit  :angry:

heeeeeeeyyyyyyyy......am i missing something about caps lol? another no-no i somehow missed? dammit....always find this out AFTER i buy shit  :angry:

this is why you need to come to carlisle this year and hang with us.  won't get left out.  cap kits are pretty much the same thing as caliper covers.  and by cap kits @95opal means stuff like this:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-strut-tower-cap-cover-kit.html

oh and just so you know...white lettering on tires...not so bueno either.

this is why you need to come to carlisle this year and hang with us.  won't get left out.  cap kits are pretty much the same thing as caliper covers.  and by cap kits @95opal means stuff like this:

well i kinda figured the caster camber plate caps were cheesy but honestly didn't know the radiator, power steering etc caps were lol. white lettered tires like my jeep  :o? but...but....but....i like my tires man 

well i kinda figured the caster camber plate caps were cheesy but honestly didn't know the radiator, power steering etc caps were lol. white lettered tires like my jeep  :o? but...but....but....i like my tires man 

well if it's literally a cover over of the cap then yes, but if it's an actual cap then it's okay.  

jeeps don't count.

well if it's literally a cover over of the cap then yes, but if it's an actual cap then it's okay.  

jeeps don't count.

hahaaa i get what you guys are saying. i admit to doing some rice here and there. we all have our quirks i guess :P

jeeps don't count.

+1 I don't mind a nice billet cap, but the super thin aluminum stick on cap covers...not so much.

White letters on Jeeps, trucks, wrinkle wall slicks, Nascars, RWB Porsches, and sticky Hoosiers are fine with me. Everything else I personally think it looks like garbage but to each his own. I don't talk shit to people when I see it done, but I would never compliment it. It doesn't really matter what I think, it's not like I have to do it to mine lol.

Efff you guyz, white lettering is the titties!!!   B-)  :o  :wub:  :blink:  :wacko:  :unsure:   https://flic.kr/p/qxczL5

+1 I don't mind a nice billet cap, but the super thin aluminum stick on cap covers...not so much.

White letters on Jeeps, trucks, wrinkle wall slicks, Nascars, RWB Porsches, and sticky Hoosiers are fine with me. Everything else I personally think it looks like garbage but to each his own. I don't talk shit to people when I see it done, but I would never compliment it. It doesn't really matter what I think, it's not like I have to do it to mine lol.

sensing a little bit of hostility here from dan :P you really do hate certain things. 

the white lettering thing just shows my age. i guess tires that came with the white letter option don't bother me. now the tires that someone tried to paint white letters on confuse me. not sure how you get paint to stick to a tire...but i kinda still dig the look of a mag wheel on a classic muscle car with white lettered tires  :unsure:

sensing a little bit of hostility here from dan :P you really do hate certain things. 

the white lettering thing just shows my age. i guess tires that came with the white letter option don't bother me. now the tires that someone tried to paint white letters on confuse me. not sure how you get paint to stick to a tire...but i kinda still dig the look of a mag wheel on a classic muscle car with white lettered tires  :unsure:

I should have clarified that I'm only talking about painted on letters. On a muscle car, raised white letters look period correct and right at home. I used to have white lettered tires on my old 90 blazer in highschool/college and I thought they looked great.

Friends don't let friends rock cap kits lol

got some buffing done on the exterior

79113D53-C439-4762-B60A-92668864EA30_zps

and my dad found this in the basement.  never opened.  said he bought it when he owned a garage before i was born...so that's a good 35 years old.

862D3DE7-2DFB-4E12-984C-DE07568C7540_zps

That's pretty awesome Ryan!  Car is coming along nicely.  Should be done just in time for the nice weather to roll in! 

that was definitely the plan and hence to push to get it done.  i have a few other parts to throw at it for appeal, but cleaning up the paint and getting it inspected are the priorities.  i have a styling bar and lowering springs for it that i'll throw on if i get time before it sells.

and my dad found this in the basement.  never opened.  said he bought it when he owned a garage before i was born...so that's a good 35 years old.

862D3DE7-2DFB-4E12-984C-DE07568C7540_zps

that's cool as hell. dan on is way to your house to buy it and refinish it? :P

finished up the passenger seat.  the old rail had to be welded a bit because it wasn't locking in.  That's all done now.  All that's left is a coat of wax and then off to inspection.  i have to give it a good once over cleaning interior and engine again but that's no biggie.  i'm hoping to actually have it inspected this week yet.

so after inspection is it goin up for sale or you holding onto it now?

Sale without question.  don't get me wrong, i want another one but not this one.

car is finally inspected.  had a small problem with the fog lights not coming on but ended up just being some corrosion on the connectors from not being plugged into anything for whoever the hell knows how long.  i wiped them down before plugging them up but apparently not good enough.  going to finish waxing it up tonight and giving it a good solid detailing.  here's hoping it clears up outside so that i can take it out to get some good pictures to list it for sale.

at this point, there are only a small To-Do list:

-detail exterior/interior/engine bay

-get small tear in the top patched (supposedly going to do it friday if it's not raining)

-put sun visors back on

-replace distributor

on the distributor topic, we timed the car a couple weeks back (don't remember if i said this or not), and it was at like 4 degrees base.  upped it to 12 and it sounds and runs better.  but it still doesn't have the power that i think it should.  we're kind of thinking it's the PIP and it's just easier/quicker/nicer to just replace the whole thing.  just going to go with an advanced auto rebuilt one and see what it does.

finished waxing it last night.  realized it's probably better to give the car a good wash before doing a full out detail on it.  so that will happen after i get the top patched.