Prokiller

The Great Green Flipper

i'm not particularly proud of these pictures but they work for now.  still wanted to give it a good once over cleaning wise but haven't had the time.  figured i could at least post the ad up and try to get the word out regardless.  

IMG_4383_zpszgk5clfj.jpg
IMG_4385_zpsoramj7x3.jpg
IMG_4389_zpsguwhoino.jpg
IMG_4386_zpsyoqo1gpb.jpg
IMG_4388_zpsjpq6aleh.jpg
IMG_4393_zpsoycx3aw5.jpg

I agree it looks great, definitely a nice car for whoever picks it up.

(coughtireshinecough) :)

first picture i took i thought the same thing but was not going back home to throw some on there.  

A set of cheap spacers in the rear might help it sell faster. I might even throw the wheels from the black car on just for different pictures and to draw attention to your f/s ad over others. A kind of preview to the future owner of what could be. 

A set of cheap spacers in the rear might help it sell faster. I might even throw the wheels from the black car on just for different pictures and to draw attention to your f/s ad over others. A kind of preview to the future owner of what could be. 

can't use my wheels because they are 05+ fitment, but i have been trying to find some cheap wheels/tires to throw on there.  although borrowing wheels might not be a bad idea.... @Shifty bring your ass over so i can use your wheels.

The cat makes it official. 

I was ready to go to his parents house to see if he was in the basement hiding. 

you know he's over here in PA now right?

Yeah I talked to him after he left AM but its been awhile now so didn't know where was. He still selling liquor? 

yeah part time at the beer store.  he's a coordinator or something at a closet cabinet business full time.

messed with it again last night.  fixed a small leak in the line from the trans to the radiator.  ran the codes on it with a scan tool and did a couple diagnostic tests.  KOEO, KOER, etc.  it's getting a few lean codes.  we checked the fuel pressure and at idle and during rev it's staying at 30lbs.  timing is spot on.  it still feels under powered though.  not sure what else to even check at this point.  it idles fine and runs good but when you get in it, it starts breaking up and looses power at like 4grand.  any ideas anyone?

Is the mass air clean? My car used to do that when I first got it, and the mass air element was covered in crud from the previous owner over oiling the filter on the cai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could the PIP sensor inside the dizzy be going bad? 

that was our first thought.  switched out for a reman'ed ditzy already and didn't change it.

@Yeahloh95, i put my old 94's mid-pipe on there.  only had like 40k miles on it so it should be perfectly fine.

@Zach, ya know that's one thing i didn't clean.  it looked okay when i put the CAI on there but it's worth a shot actually cleaning that thing up.

well i drove it to work yesterday to just stretch its legs and try and shake it down a little.  it developed an antifreeze leak somewhere at the radiator.  the rad is almost new so i start to investigate the leak and i find this:

8CA80D7F-3768-4C5D-AFD7-6E29521E8140_zps

apparently when i went over the car and looked at the balancer before for this exact problem, i did a piss poor job of it.  because yeah it's pretty bad.  this is for sure the cause of the lose of power.  thing can't hold timing even though the computer is saying it is.  i'm pissed at myself for not double checking this ages ago.  so long story short, i said screw finding the leak in the rad because i'll have to take it out anyway to replace the balancer.  and since i need to jack the car up to do this work, that means i needed to get my ass in gear on the black mustang and put it back down on the ground so i can use my jackstands for this car.  so i switched mustangs and worked on that one the rest of the night.

you may have to pull the fan but not the rad to do the balencer

you don't think?  i wasn't sure if there would be enough room to work in there without pulling it.  yes, the fan is for sure going to be coming out.  i guess we'll see how much room first before pulling the rad.  at the very least we'll be able to see it clearer and find the leak.

Sorry to see your issues and sort of off topic but I feel slightly vindicated as about 2-3 weeks ago I was arguing with some idiots on SVTPerformance about how the balancer is actually a two piece design with a rubber isolator between the rings.  No one wanted to believe me...

thought it was going to rain all day saturday so i could work in the garage for the day and not do yard work....yeah that didn't happen.  by the time i got to a point where i couldn't do anymore outside i was too damn tired and sore to tear into the balancer.  then sunday we had plans to go for a 6 mile hike with friends that ended up lasting pretty much all day.  only had time to change the oil in the infiniti before the couch was calling.  i'm going to try and tear into this tonight.

been a while between working on my car and then vacation, this thing has just been sitting.  Saturday finally tore into replacing the balancer.  got the fan out and other stuff out of the way and pulled the crank pulley off.  busted out the pulley puller and it was too long with the rad still being in the car.  My dad swears he has a shorter one so he was going to search for it when he got home.  couldn't do too much more anyway because i had to mow the lawn and other such yard work before going to a wedding reception that night.

anyway here's a pic

D04AE0C4-77F9-4827-BAB9-FFE6D4989EAB_zps

going to clean up some more while i'm in there and find the coolant leak.  i think it might just be the lower rad hose but need to investigate some more.