Prokiller

The Great Green Flipper

lowered the rear last night and put on my old kyb shocks.  going to do the front tomorrow night.  looks better already.  didn't grab a picture because i couldn't get a good angle on it and it was dark.

got it lowered.  tuesday me and @Shifty did the rear put in my old kyb shocks with SR springs.  got he front ready but couldn't break the strut top nut with air.  so my dad brought his service truck down friday night and fired up the air compressor and impacted them right off.  driver's side spring was actually broken on the bottom coil and rusted in the cup.  took a bit of coaxing to get it out but we got it.  put the SR springs and shifty's old adjustable koni's in.  got to be too late to finish up putting it all back together so we called it a night.  put the brakes and such back on sunday morning and it definitely looks a ton better now.  

fingers crossed the drop will make it sell.  it certainly rides a lot better.  it was very boat-ish before.  you'd hit the brakes and the thing would take a massive nose dive.  reducing that alone has made it a world of a difference in drive ability.  

25901163013_45084d3cc9_b.jpg

26231154260_57aa867131_b.jpg

44 minutes ago, Yeahloh95 said:

wow that looks so much better now 

yeah it does.  i don't feel so ashamed to drive it anymore.  it's ready for you to sell it now troy

Car has settled and looks much better now.. Ill report on the feeling.

Didnt know a coil was broken! Good thing we decided to put them on then

Handles way better than before the drop.  been driving it the past couple days but there is a decently loud thunking from the pass side front end when hitting bumps.  i removed the counter weight up front last night and it a lot better but still not completely gone.  might be the strut mount.  if i come across a cheap set of C/C plates, i'll pick them up and throw them on.

1 hour ago, Yeahloh95 said:

check the nut loose behind the wheel that might be it ????

you mean the spindle hub nut?  

drove the vert out to @Yeahloh95's place for the weekend.  brought it to a couple cruise-ins.  had a good time...until we left.  2.5 hours drive back home, off the turnpike, 20 mins from the house, the engine just shuts off.  won't restart.  basically not getting any spark.  had a tow truck come out and take it home.

plugged in my old ignition control module yesterday and it fired right up.  has a miss now but it's probably from a fouled out plug as i was trying a bunch of stuff on the side of the road.

and i thought i had it sold saturday night but the guy never called me then.  he was really really interested in it.  i think he might have wrote my number down wrong.

trying to find a OEM one is proving difficult.  amazon has motorcraft but from the reviews people are saying it's just a crap no-name one in a motorcraft box.