KillNThrill24

What would you do?

For a Klondike bar! No just kidding. I'm Having a dilemma lol.

Would you:

A - buy a new 5.0 as a daily and turn the new edge into racecar

B - buy a Fox (preferably hatch, I like hatches) and keep the new edge as the daily, but strap a bottle to it so I can at least keep up with fools.

Pros:

A - I love the new 5.0's. They're better on gas (I get 16 in my 2v). Far less issues because new and warranty. More ground clearance lol. Nitrous sounds fun. I can build credit

B - I'd have a LOT more money for car parts instead of car payment. I'd probably have a faster racecar because Fox's are lighter. I love my 2v and don't really want to pull it out.

Cons:

A - I'd have a lot LESS money for car parts. I'd have to pull my 2v out.

B - The New edge is broken constantly so wouldn't make as reliable of a daily. I'd have a lot more work starting from scratch on the Fox. I wouldn't build any credit.

What do you guys think? I've been at this crossroad for awhile but just can't figure it out :/

I can't have both because I don't have anywhere for 2 more cars, only 1

Buy a Fox and do a Coyote swap!

With all the money you'd be saving with out the car payments,  you could just about have both.  Though it may not be under warranty.

Then you could also have money to keep the 2V running.

Hmm.... That's kinda what I was thinking red... Idk. I do need to build credit too tho once the situation is fixed by the lawyer.

LOL Evil I'd buy a Boss before a Shelby! Buddy of mine had an 08 and he just sold it for $37k because it was just too expensive to get it faster. And the heat soak on those things is terrible

I must be getting old. I'd get the 5.0. I'm at the point where having a reliable daily is more important than a fast car.

No, this is my exact concern man. I want a reliable daily. My 2v just doesn't exactly cut it. 2 of my buddy's always tell me that it just feels like a racecar. A good daily shouldn't feel like that lol. I'm just thinking the 5.0 is going to cost me a lot more money a month which would have an effect on my build. Idk just more or less thinking out loud with the opinions of others lol

Depends on what you're into. I daily drove the Cobra for years. Including when it was over 600rwhp. It took a lot of work and an understanding wife to get it there.

I'd honestly have no problem dailying my racecar when I finish it. Infact, I most likely will simply because that's how I am. BUT my 2v has 150k on it and it's in need of rust bubble repair among other things like a oil pan gasket, New upper rear control arms... List goes on. Typical for a 150k car you know? I would like something I don't have to dump a ton of money into (ironically a $500 payment is a ton of money but it's basically maintenance free) to keep on the road. And the creature comforts, not to mention crazy stock power, that the new 5.0 has is really hard to beat.

To the guy who said coyote swap Fox, I totally totally would... But I've already decided on B head (twin?) Turbo build and have too many parts to back out now lol

Is the twin turbo "B" heads going on the 2v or into something else?

You might could find a Fox for sale that has already had the Coyote swap done for ya.  Then you wouldn't have to worry about doing a build of it.  Then throw the "B" heads and turbos onto the 2v block. 

Badda Bing, Badda Boom!  Best of both worlds!  LOL

I must be getting old. I'd get the 5.0. I'm at the point where having a reliable daily is more important than a fast car.

Right there with you.  Nothing sucks more than a car you need to use on a daily basis that is constantly giving you issues.

Is the twin turbo "B" heads going on the 2v or into something else?

You might could find a Fox for sale that has already had the Coyote swap done for ya. Then you wouldn't have to worry about doing a build of it. Then throw the "B" heads and turbos onto the 2v block.

Badda Bing, Badda Boom! Best of both worlds! LOL

Ooooh I like your thinking hahaha! If I buy a 5.0 the 2v will get 4v swapped. If I don't, then a Fox will get mod swapped

i would get a different DD.  don't get me wrong i love my mustang but for daily duties i much prefer my infiniti.  if you get another mustang you're just going to mod that one too and you'll be back where you started. 

• Moderators

i would get a different DD.  don't get me wrong i love my mustang but for daily duties i much prefer my infiniti.  if you get another mustang you're just going to mod that one too and you'll be back where you started. 

Biggest reason I will not be getting a Coyote.  Wife is smart enough to know I won't leave it alone.

I bought a truck with low miles. Gets 18mpg (which is good for a truck), has enough room for me, the wife, the kid... and both dogs.

AND it'll tow the car.

Win all around. And for anyone who says "but gas mileage". I work 11.3 miles from home. Blow me!

4 miles for me. [emoji2]