RockinHrse_98

Throttle issue?

I have had 2 intermittent codes that will randomly pop up and make the CEL come on for maybe 20 mins then it cuts back off. Most of the time it doesn't even stay on long enough for me to check it, but I have caught them both.

P1443 Manufacturer Contrl. Auxiliary Emission Controls

And

P1131 Manufacturer Contrl. Fuel Air Metering

Edited by RockinHrse_98

First thing i would quick check is to make sure your intake hasn't cracked and started leaking coolant into the spark plug holes and causing a misfire.  

the p1131 is a code for the O2 sensor, passenger side front if i remember correctly, so honestly thats probably your issue.  But doesnt hurt to double check the stupid plastic intakes.

First thing i would quick check is to make sure your intake hasn't cracked and started leaking coolant into the spark plug holes and causing a misfire.  

the p1131 is a code for the O2 sensor, passenger side front if i remember correctly, so honestly thats probably your issue.  But doesnt hurt to double check the stupid plastic intakes.

That was my first thought but its not the intake. Had that issue a few years ago and put n aluminum Typhoon intake on it. Yes I know typhoons suck but I got it for less than I could find a stock replacement.

See some people have told me it was an O2 sensor but I've had both O2 sensors go bad and it through different codes both times, never this one. Somebody told me it could be the MAF too but I don't know. Hate to start throwing money at it just guessing.

Do you have access to a scanner? Or was it pulled for ya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a scanner.

You do know that cruise control takes over the throttle right? It floored it because the car was losing speed and it wants to maintain the whatever speed you set.

I know that, but the car never lost speed, that's why I can't figure out why it sounded like it was choking down. It was barely under load but it sounded like it was under a heavy load. It has only done it twice in the 5 years I've owned the car, both within the last month since the codes have started popping up..