Bullitt

Welcome To SN95Source.com: Cobraracer46

Everyone please welcome Cobraracer46 to SN95Source.com.

Cobraracer46 Please tell us about yourself and your car(s) and feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for being part of the Source community!

View Cobraracer46's Profile

:welcomenew:

Welcome! And yea, more info on the brake setup, I'm addicted to big brakes lol.

Fikse = :wub:

I'm a huge fan of super car brake systems and I wanted my 2001 Cobra to have simmilar braking power to a high end Euro car and now it has it. The front brake system is a Brembo " Gran Turismo" brake kit with 332MM rotors, F50 calipers and I purchased the kit new way back in 2007. 

I fabricated The rear Brembo set up myself using mounting brackets of my own design. The Brembo 4 piston caliper, Brembo parking brake caliper and 328MM two peice rotors were purchased used. All of the hoses and cables are custom. Brackets to mount the hoses were supplied by Maximum Motorsports.

Since the stock spare tire would no longer clear  the front and rear Brembo Calipers, a 2010 Nissan 300 ZX donut spare is used as those cars have Brembo's from the factory and they have the same wheel bolt pattern as a Ford.

Awesome work building your own kit out back. I'm in the process of piecing together a Wilwood 4 piston 13" rear kit for mine, going to have to fab brackets to use a Wilwood Spot Caliper for my parking brake. I looked around for a Brembo parking brake caliper and couldn't find any :(

What cables did you use for the E-brake?

Awesome work building your own kit out back. I'm in the process of piecing together a Wilwood 4 piston 13" rear kit for mine, going to have to fab brackets to use a Wilwood Spot Caliper for my parking brake. I looked around for a Brembo parking brake caliper and couldn't find any :(

What cables did you use for the E-brake?

The OEM cables are too long for use with the Brembo parking brake calipers, so I just simply cut the cables to a shorter size and welded on new slugs on the ends of them.