330CubeGt

Help me find Speedo Gears?

No problem, I think that's actually where I bought mine from way back in the day and still remembered that they sold them. Just make sure you get the right one for your car, looks like you may use the 7 tooth drive instead of the 8 tooth like my car.

There the same white gear I thougt, but the drive gear is different from what I read. Mine has a Red 7 tooth drive gear. And a pink speedo gear thats 19 tooth for 3.27s.

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Havn't made the move to buy any yet. Still looking around it will prob be a few days before I pick on up. Its been 9 months with a messed up speedo 45 is 60 and 70 reads 90 so I just look at my speedo differently lol

there are two white 23 gears, one with 7 tooth drive and one with 8 tooth drive.

Manual Transmissions with 7 Tooth Drive Gear

• 1983-1989 T-5 OEM
  • Pre 1993 T-5 Aftermarket
  • 1996-1998 Cobra T-45 OEM
  • All Tremec Transmissions

Manual Transmissions with 8 Tooth Drive Gear

• 1990-1995 T-5 OEM
  • 1996-1998 T-45 OEM Except Cobra

Automatic Transmissions with 7 Tooth Drive Gear

• 1983-1989 Automatic Transmissions

Automatic Transmissions with 8 Tooth Drive Gear

• 1990-1998 Automatic Transmissions

alright so then as far as a direct swap goes I'm pretty sure the closest you can adjust for is 3.55s so you'll just be a little off. According to the chart on the Steeda website you need the 8 tooth white 23 gear. Feel free to double check, link is above.

I believe the black drive gear is 8 and the red drive gear is red. You might be able to take the speedo gear out and peek in the tailshaft with a flashlight to see what color yours is. My car ahould be the black drive gear but its got a red, good thing I checked so I didn't order the wrong gear.

You guys do know that the white gear for 8 tooth drive gears is a Chrysler mesh and will get eaten up over time right? Then you have a bunch of little plastic pieces floating around in your trans. I am not just speaking recycled information either, I had one in my first 5.0 ever, a 91 GT with the 8 tooth driven T5 and my 23 tooth gear got eaten up in only a few months. It also is only accurate for 3.55s and even then...

If you have a 94-up get a Dallas Speedcal and never worry about speedo gears or different tire sizes or the curvature of the earth or anything. Or if you are dead set on keeping it gears you are going to have to pull the tailshaft off your transmission and swap the driven gear to a 6 or 7 tooth. I recommend 6 tooth driven gear so you can get to 4.10s+. Or just get a speedcal and save yourself the effort...

If you have a 94-up get a Dallas Speedcal and never worry about speedo gears or different tire sizes or the curvature of the earth or anything. Or if you are dead set on keeping it gears you are going to have to pull the tailshaft off your transmission and swap the driven gear to a 6 or 7 tooth. I recommend 6 tooth driven gear so you can get to 4.10s+. Or just get a speedcal and save yourself the effort...

DO NOT USE THE DALLAS MUSTANG SPEEDCAL!!! It is a piece of crap compared to the ford racing speedo adjuster. Speedcal is ancient technology with it's dipswitches, I spent hours on the phone with them trying to get mine to work correctly, ended up grabbing the FRPP one, had i setup in minutes (by myself) and threw the speedcal into the trash can.

DO NOT USE THE DALLAS MUSTANG SPEEDCAL!!! It is a piece of crap compared to the ford racing speedo adjuster. Speedcal is ancient technology with it's dipswitches, I spent hours on the phone with them trying to get mine to work correctly, ended up grabbing the FRPP one, had i setup in minutes (by myself) and threw the speedcal into the trash can.

Sadly I agree. I ended up keeping the speed cal I bought simply because I had already spent the money on it, but it really sucked trying to get it to work right. None of the settings they gave me worked right, and when I called they weren't able to help at all either. Ended up having to mess with the dip switches and my phone while driving to get it to read right.

I'm assuming the speedcal that came in my car is a Dallas unit but it might not be... either way the calibration done in my car is done via a box... should probably dig into that a little more lol. Works fine though, GPS confirmed and 3.73 gears.

Again, the white gear is NOT a correct gear to use in any Ford application PERIOD. It just happens to be the closest thing you can get after the red 21 tooth correct Ford gear. Also them saying it is the same gear for 3.55/3.73/4.10 should tell you something...

I've had my white 23 tooth gear for many years with zero problems.

the only reason they say it's for 3.55/3.73/4.10 is because there are no 8 tooth gears that fully correct for anything more than 3.55s. So if you want to use them for hte other gears you can and while it wont be a perfect correction it will still be better than the stock gear by a decent amount.