deceptive gt

Project Venomous

Definitely post up a build thread on the 240Z when you guys pick one up, please.  I love those cars.  If I were to play with anything else at this point, I'd probably find a clean 240Z and LS swap it, flare the fenders and put on some big brakes.

I am a heritage type builder. I will stay in the Nissan parts bin for the engine. I really think a SR20DET with a T28, intake, tune, exhaust, intercooler, and maybe a small cam backed by an auto.

LS engines should only go in GM products. If I ever have the money and my father is still able, I would love to have a 57 Bel Air with an LS, small cam, and auto built for him.

Please post up a thread on the s30, absolutely love those cars.  I've had a couple with the last being a '77 280z, l28et swap, big injectors, big turbo, front mount intercooler, megasquirt ecu, yada yada yada....  This is the only picture I can find of it at the moment, which is from the new owner.  He added the flares and paint as when I still had it she was flat black and in need of paint  :P  I miss that car everyday, such a joy to drive and work on.

280z.jpg

Car was running 14 lbs of boost, was a blast.  Made my cobra look mundane by comparison.  After I get the mustang where I want it I'll be on the hunt for another s30.  Going for a early 240 this time and keep it carb'd with triple deuces.

My wife would love to have about 300ish hp to the wheels. She does not want a beast.

Thanks to 95riosnake I will be working on my conversion for the rear defrost switch. I removed the entire wiring harness from the 96 dash. I got the water barrier off the driver's door and started removing the sound barrier crap on the inside of the firewall. The stuff is so disgusting. I am looking at replacing it with either a Hushmat or Second Skin product.

One of the decisions I am trying to make and do some research on is my steering column swap. From what I was able to find out the steering column should just swap out between my 96 and the 99 or 01 Cobra one I have, not certain what year it came from. Of course, the key cylinder needs to be swapped to the old one which was easy. But, I got to thinking. I plan on running the Pro EFI setup in the car due to the power and not wanting to fry an engine due to the stock ECU not being able to keep up. More than a few guys over the 600-650 mark have had issues that seem to point to the stock ECU not being up to task. Since this is the case I was going to ditch the PATS system and run an aftermarket alarm to keep the car safe. So, I was thinking of keeping the lock cylinder from the Cobra column I purchased which has the smaller key.

Oh yeah, I ended my Diamond Audio vs Hertz for the stereo debate. I went to look into new wiring for the stereo in both cars since the engine is out. I ended up walking out of the place with a set of D3102.2 Diamond Audio subs. I have the dual 4 ohm voice coil version for my vert and LOVE them. These have just been sitting for about 4 years at the shop.

hilampI_zpslfwg0waw.jpg

Yesterday was my birthday and we decided to go out for some drinks and food. We had a some friends meet us out and had a wonderful time.

Today we worked around the house . We are putting new flooring in, I replaced the door to our Florida Room, and replaced the flag pole and mount on the house.

I edited the thread to reflect some changes that have been made. Power plans are still similar, just a different way to go about it. lol

So, just a little update. I have not posted pictures or any updates. I am working over 40 hours a week, going to school full time, and remodeling the house (ripped up the carpeting in the living room and coat closet then put down Hardwood Laminate, removed wallpaper in the entryway and bathroom then painted both, and repainted then put up an organization system in the laundry room). Add in the decision to pay off a little over $30k in debt within a year and the builds have slowed to a crawl.

Any way, I do have some updates. The pictures I deleted were for a reason. There will be no Vortech on the Cobra.This is for a few reasons, the GT is already getting a Vortech V1 Si trim as from the other thread. My wife has not been a big fan of the power the Cobra was going to make all the time.Not a problem in dealing with as she is always supportive of my hobbies; I mean I have two Mustangs, a motorcycle, and a truck. Life is good.

So, I have received a few things in for the Cobra. I have the subs for the stereo which are Diamond Audio D310s, a Diamond Audio D600.4 and D1000.1 Amp. I ordered ARP 3" Wheel Studs for the rear of both cars. I have new Dark Charcoal Carpet for the Cobra to match the interior that I picked up. I also have a 99-04 GT Rear End to get built and powdercoated before replacing the original Cobra rear. I have also been working on the dash frames for both cars. They are getting sanded, primed, and painted body colors (Mineral Gray for the GT and Midnight Blue Metallic for the Cobra).

But where is my motivation, what will motivate the Cobra? Well I will give you a hint. I am keeping my Koni Yellows but my H&R SS Springs got traded for the rear end. The 2.5" exhaust is going to be too small for the Cobra and I am having my welding and paint guru make a setup for me to easily unbolt the clamps for the Borla Exhaust on my GT to switch between the Stingers and XR1s. I will not need an 8 rib pulley setup.

The wife and I have decided to adopt twins, lol!  The plan is a CG Fab hot and cold side with something like Precision Gen 2 6062s, 6266s, or 6466s through a T56 Magnum. It will depend on what is available when we get to the turbo buying phase. This way we can have a low boost setup for cruises and shows and a kill mode for the track or Mexico trips.

Is it weird that this update makes me wanna get up and do a happy dance!?!? Lol

Fawking awesome!!!!!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

We want to make over a 1k rwhp, I really want to try and hit 1200 but we will have to see. I want it to be very driveable.

We want to make over a 1k rwhp, I really want to try and hit 1200 but we will have to see. I want it to be very driveable.

Boost is the way to do it! Sounds like a badass plan and a badass wife that's going to be on board with all this! Now that's a keeper!

Boost is the way to do it! Sounds like a badass plan and a badass wife that's going to be on board with all this! Now that's a keeper!

I am going to continue slowly working on both cars here and there between everything else going on. But it will be slow for both cars until next year around this time. My wife brought up maybe having a child so I want to pay off a ton of debt in case we do decide to have a little yard ape.

The past few months have been a bit crazy. Work and school have been crazy. I stepped down from my management position and into a new field, Biomedical Engineering. This will afford me more time at home and eliminate my work stress, I also received a nice raise. Soon I will have some better updates, but for now a picture of my wife's gift for my garage.

514bfe284ea4ddcade4089c7471317cc.jpg

Wow, I have not posted in here in a long time. So, this car is gone and has been replaced with an 01 Cobra. I will start a new thread.

8 hours ago, Blackmage said:

cmon man, i was hoping for an update lol

The 96 just got to be too much. I kept finding issues that piled up.