Blackmage

2016 Ford GT??

Why isn't it condensation if it comes out of the engine as water vapor and then cools inside the exhaust?  I mean nobody would say liquid water comes out of our engines when they're running.

I like how the car looks, but the v6 and automatic do this cars lineage a disservice IMO. The car deserves a V8 and a manual. Between this and the Raptor coming back ecoboost only, how much longer before the V8 is gone

the auto thing kinda surprised me too and while it might not be a personal favorite I understand why they did it.  As for the Raptor, I don't have as strong of feelings for it being a V8. The EcoBoost is going to make more power than the outgoing 6.2L while shedding 500lbs over the old Raptor.  It's going to be a monster regardless of how many cylinders it has.

Twin turbo V6 automatic is a perfect way to annoy the Ford purists.

I possibly would of understood the point back when I was 16 years old but why does it seem anymore that it's trendy to annoy the shit out of people?!  "Oh i'm gonna put these wheels on it because it'll piss off people"  or "I'm gonna paint my car this color and brag to everyone how much others hate it."   I must be too old now, so fucking annoying.  /rant  hashtagofftopic.

Looks very much racecar under there for sure!

I think we all are being wooed by the sounds of the turbos, if that sound was absent it would just sound like a six with a mild performance muffler. :(

I kind of luke warm about the whole car in general, and I really can't place why.

The engine doesn't bother me.  I think it's cool.

The sound doesn't really bother me, either.  I like it.

The styling... it's not doing much for me.  It's kind of half baked.  I personally feel like it's an American car trying to look exotic, which makes it look neither American or exotic.  Honestly, the appearance and aero of the whole car reminds me of a BAC Mono, just bloated and with a closed cockpit.

Ford-GT-concept-101-876x535.jpg

650_1000_BAC_Mono_Top_Gear.jpg

same kinda reaction i had to it.  hopefully the style mufflers they put on it will change the tone some for the street

my thoughts exactly, I hope they tune the sound on the street car a lot more than that. It looks fast no doubt, but it doesn't sound like a super car at all.

Overall I like the car, I would still like to own one. I was somewhat concerned about the V6, not for it being a V6 as we all know I'm a huge fan of those, but for the output. I wasn't sure if, despite 600+ hp, this car was going to really be a contender with a majority of the supercars out there. But when Ford talks about the chassis and power-to-weight ratio they put me at ease. And I trust that Ford knows what they're doing. They've done their homework the past several years so I have complete confidence in them.

The car definitely looks a lot more exotic this time around but I really don't mind it. It still retains enough of the GT styling in my opinion and the fact that it looks so foreign might go a long ways in demonstrating that Ford can build a car that can compete with the best of them.