Josh@RideTech

Project Pro-Touring Fox

I have a little bit of progress going on.  Here are some shots of the rotating assembly, finally up on the stand.  I've still got to check the piston to valve clearance.  Right now I'm waiting on a damn woodruff key to come in, every parts store I go to that has a guy with a blank stare on his face, so I just gave up and ordered one from Jegs... The Scott Rod Fab panels have finally shipped to me, so I'll be pulling all of the engine bay apart, welding those in, and going in for paint VERY soon!   :D

7E3D0E23-3205-4747-8A54-FF06AC0FD960_zps

8F00D655-EC40-4E12-806E-1241FE211D8C_zps

3D9B2368-CBB2-4FCC-8962-81CB6784CA16_zps

E35A92A8-2A13-4259-A8D5-8245D5C83BC3_zps

I went through the same kinda thing when I went looking for a 16mm nut for the strut top, no one knew they made a nut that big *facepalm. Those Pistons look sick! What kind of compression will you be running?

Sent from my iPhablet

I went to Oreilly's and Advanced and I used the words "woodruff key" and "crank key" and got the "Well, I don't think we have those but let me look in the computer....." lol

The compression really isn't going to be too crazy, it's right at 10.4:1, but they do look pretty badass!  :D

Gotta love trying to buy something that they can't search for using their normal process lol.

I'm still incredibly jealous of those heads, ugh.

I know it man! I love my heads too!  :D 

As the weekend turned out, the Comp Cam timing chain I bought was extremely loose when I put it on, roughly .25" of slack on both sides. From what I'm reading, it's not uncommon for a standard chain to have play but I'm not comfortable with it, so I'm sending it back. I'm ordering the new pushrods tomorrow and a few other little miscellaneous things! Since my engine building was cut short this weekend (bastard timing chain...), I decided to start tearing into the car a little more.

b65fa72b080ca1c6332032b68eb77ec3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a panoramic shot of the clustered up garaged... If I had to pick a favorite animal in life, I think it'd have to be a fox.

8040002db1349bd362e0e98c61b2c075.jpg

I've got the timing chain set off my car if you want to give it a shot. I put it on in the fall of 12, and have ellipsed maybe 5000mi on it. It's not doing me any good sitting around.

I've got a few videos like that! One almost identical with my dads notch!

I've got the timing chain set off my car if you want to give it a shot. I put it on in the fall of 12, and have ellipsed maybe 5000mi on it. It's not doing me any good sitting around.

Well, I ordered a Cloyes one today. Hopefully it's tighter, a few people said mine doesn't look bad but I don't feel comfortable with everything being new... I expected it to be tighter. I'm going to send it back but I may get ahold of you!

I've got a few videos like that! One almost identical with my dads notch!

Well, I ordered a Cloyes one today. Hopefully it's tighter, a few people said mine doesn't look bad but I don't feel comfortable with everything being new... I expected it to be tighter. I'm going to send it back but I may get ahold of you!

what comp chain did you try? I when with this one http://m.summitracing.com/parts/cca-7138 and had 0 issues. Just curious.

what comp chain did you try? I when with this one http://m.summitracing.com/parts/cca-7138 and had 0 issues. Just curious.

Mine was the Magnum series I believe, it wasn't the one that you have.  I bought it from LMR, I was just going through throwing parts in the cart and grabbed that one, I should've looked into it more.  I ended up going with this one - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLO-9-3138

I've been trying to stay busy on this thing, I've had alot of parts coming in (finally) and now it's pretty much all down to assembly.  I know there are going to be alot of things that I do along the way, so more than likely, it's going to take longer than I've planned.  I ordered the the Scott Rod engine bay panels to clean up the look, I love a clean engine bay!  Needless to say, there's going to be some wire-tucking going on.  I wasn't planning on the burnout video being the last time I drove it, but I walked into the garage the other night, and starting pulling things off.  I've just got to drop the trans and pull the engine in the next couple of days.  Once that's done, I'll get my tubular K member put in, weld the Scott Rod panels up, and paint the bay.  Hopefully, by then, the engine will be ready to fall in place!

D578A9AD-756C-4FBC-9C26-049AF43D4673_zps

Don't know if you mentioned it but nows the time to send that Lower over to FTI for some port work

What part of Indiana are you in?!? If you work for ride tech I'm guessing you can't be too far from Evansville.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Not real far!  I live in the Petersburg/Otwell area.  Where are you from?

Thanks Tony!  These panels are the way to go if you're wanting a smooth bag, it took about 4 hours (probably longer than it should have, but I was being careful).  The 4 hours vs. the week that we spent filling in holes on my dad's car is a no brainer, these are awesome lol.  I'm taking it to the body shop tonight to let them play with the engine bay  :D .

Looks great! Someday I'll join the smooth bay club

As will I but I currently don't have the balls to try on my car haha.

Haha, I like them! I had it all out anyway, I wasn't missing my chance Zach :)

i wish i would have done it when i had the chance back when i put the 331 in.  but that snow ball had grown to big already for that build.

i wish i would have done it when i had the chance back when i put the 331 in.  but that snow ball had grown to big already for that build.

Haha, I know the feeling.  At this point, I'm wishing I would've bought a Dart block.  I didn't intend on this car being as nice as what I'm going to make it...

Haha, I know the feeling.  At this point, I'm wishing I would've bought a Dart block.  I didn't intend on this car being as nice as what I'm going to make it...

When I did my 347 I didn't have a proper place to smooth the bay (3 car shared apartment garage - 2 other cars in it that didn't belong to me... lol), nor did I have the tools at the time. I can't bring myself to pull the motor just to shave the bay either. The only way I can talk myself into it is when I step up to the big leagues and go with a dart block. That won't be anytime soon lol

and that was the other thing i wish i could have afforded at the time.

When I did my 347 I didn't have a proper place to smooth the bay (3 car shared apartment garage - 2 other cars in it that didn't belong to me... lol), nor did I have the tools at the time. I can't bring myself to pull the motor just to shave the bay either. The only way I can talk myself into it is when I step up to the big leagues and go with a dart block. That won't be anytime soon lol

Just send me that supercharger and then pull the engine  :D

and that was the other thing i wish i could have afforded at the time.

I'm wanting one bad...I can already tell I need more power and I haven't started the car yet!

Guess what guys!!!!  We have paint!  :D  :D  :D

4D4FAEBB-85C4-462D-B64A-1852643D070C_zps