Josh@RideTech

Project Pro-Touring Fox

Ugh beautiful. The fact you knocked this out in like 3 weeks gives me hope that doing this won't set me back that far

Haha, thanks!  I spent about 3-4 hours on putting the panels in (on last Sunday), dropped it off at the body shop on Monday at the body shop and picked it up about a week later!  I'm happy with the outcome. 

Which k-member is that?!?

Looking good!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Thanks!  :D

It's actually the UPR chromoly K member.

(I noticed that the motor mount slots looked like half of a Ridetech logo, so I improvised and sent the picture to my buddy over there.  I thought it was funny!)

It came out great!

Speaking of ridetech, I know @95riosnake, dan and others has been waiting beyond patiently for a couple years now for the sn95 shockwaves to be released. The fox suspension isn't much different from ours minus a couple small dimensions that shoudnt affect much.

Is there a reason why these still haven't been released yet and are they truly ever going to be or what?!?! Just curious......

Well, there are definitely small differences in the kits but they're enough of a change to make the engineering department do another complete round of research.  My Mach 1 went through the full design process after the fox body, which had it's pieces released to the public about two weeks ago.....

but.....You'll never guess what pieces finally came through the door about 2 hours ago  :D .

this thing is turning out awesome! i kida had the idea in my head that you were just going to build a race car but this definitely has some show too i see....nice! 

this thing is turning out awesome! i kida had the idea in my head that you were just going to build a race car but this definitely has some show too i see....nice! 

Haha thanks!  I know that I can't have the best of both worlds, but I'm going to try like hell! 

Last night, I stripped all of the old wire loom off the ECM harness, ignition harness, fuel injector harness, etc. added some new wire loom, and got them all nice and taped up.  I've got them both back through the firewall (thank God), without scratching anything up that I've noticed.  I was holding my breath the whole time, not to mention that I've got the think plastered with masking tape lol.

I've been contemplating...I like contrast.  I think gold on the center of my wheels with the brushed lip would be pretty sweet looking.  I've been thinking about buying some new wheels, maybe the XXR 526's with the gold center, I love the lip on their wheels.  I was just playing with the FR's in this picture though!  (Don't make fun of the bad photoshop...)

gold_zpszk64navn.jpg

I like the 526's but I don't exactly need a junk wheel lol. I still want some of the BBS rk's but they're not too easy to get....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just rock the fr's until y can get sundering unique!

Something*

Why the xxr hate @Det_Riot ?

Not so much hate as it is the availability of wheels that are more "pro-touring fox" appropriate than XXR's. $600 replica wheels don't really scream "pro-touring" to me.

first, I got this out! @Det_Riot

7c4ac18a6796340a9245e4a6bb814495.jpg

Second, I'd like to give two big middle fingers to the electrical guru who put the stereo and theft device in this car! You did a great job (In a sarcastic voice)! I'm sure the car alarm really scared away the people who were trying to steal the 15" cobra wheels and the Autogage tach!

5a559557cb2643b8d7977a9557cf4f93.jpg

/end rant...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you get from Stifflers Josh?

In regards to wheels, I'd personally just pick up some 10th anniversary wheels on the cheap and run those on the car until you can afford the wheels you want. 10th wheels look great on foxes.

You will learn that a few of us like to just randomly drop in and push............

..........so really, is it done yet?!?

Jk!! Looking good!!! Can't wait till you can roll that beast to louisville some time!!!

Haha, it's coming along!  I was laying there last night under the dash, realizing how many pieces it was actually in lol.

What did you get from Stifflers Josh?

In regards to wheels, I'd personally just pick up some 10th anniversary wheels on the cheap and run those on the car until you can afford the wheels you want. 10th wheels look great on foxes.

I got a trans crossmember!  I've got something to show you guys later too...

Badass man! congrats

Thanks!  I've always wanted one!  After breaking the T5, building it, and breaking it again....I wasn't doing it again!

My T56 didn't come in a box back in the day... came metal strapped on a pallet.

I was a little surprised to see it in a box but hey, it looks like it's in one piece... I'll take it :D

Hell yes! You'll love the 600

I'm sooo excited.  It hurt the car fund but I don't think I'll regret it!

I'll post this up too!

As some of you know, I sold my beloved TR Mach 1 a couple of days ago.  I'm still a little depressed over it but it's definitely going to help out with finishing the fox and buying the things that I wouldn't have been able to get for a while.  I'm still on a "budget build" (who am I kidding, that budget went straight to hell...).  It was a good car, I bought it with 3k miles on it and just sold it with a little over 25k.  I drove it alot in the first year and hadn't really touched it in the last year, so it was time to consolidate.  In memory of all of the good times we had, so long friend....  :cryingani:

IMG_120366097972073_zps6791a7f5.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

facebookmach_zpsbf9b05ea.jpg

DSC_0037-1.jpg

And you posted the news on FB on April 1st... even though you said it wasn't an April Fools, I still had my doubts lol.

Makes sense to sell it if it's just collecting dust. That's a lot of cash to have tied up in something you don't use. Your fox will appreciate the sacrifice lol.

those billet specialties wheels are fn nice!!! if you could get those what sizes would you do?

I think 18" front/19" rear would look crazy on a fox, but I'd at least like to see 18" front/rear.

Mini tub that bitch and do some nasty 18x13's out back, that would look insane. Honestly the only regret I have with my choice to go with an IRS is I can't mini tub, otherwise I already would have. I'm sure you could still mini tub with an IRS but it would require some serious work to the IRS.

And you posted the news on FB on April 1st... even though you said it wasn't an April Fools, I still had my doubts lol.

Makes sense to sell it if it's just collecting dust. That's a lot of cash to have tied up in something you don't use. Your fox will appreciate the sacrifice lol.

Haha, I caught all kinds of hell for posting it on Facebook and other mustang forums, on April 1st.  I lost count of how many times I got called a liar!  In the last year and a half, I probably put 300 miles on it.  Other than that, it sat in the garage with a cover on it.  It was paid off so the only thing that was eating at me was the insurance payment (I'll be $65 richer every month! Yay for more fox parts......).  The fox will definitely appreciate it, I think it already does  :D .

those billet specialties wheels are fn nice!!! if you could get those what sizes would you do?

Well, I've been tossing around the "mini-tub" idea here... If I end up doing it, I'll go 18x11's in the back and probably an 18x9 in the front.  The tire selection for the 18" wheels is phenomenal.  I keep telling myself that this isn't going to be a show car...but it's getting that treatment too.  I'm hoping it's going to be a good looking little fox with a hell of a bite.  If it doesn't have the bite I'm looking for, I have ideas that will take care of that issue.