Josh@RideTech

Project Pro-Touring Fox

So jealous of that master, that shit has racecar written all over it

The hole car is turning into somewhat of that lol.  I'm thinking I need to start saving up for a Coyote engine and throw down some big numbers :D

While the brake booster is getting painted, I'm just messing with a few other things that need to be done.  Last night, I was running wires through the firewall, tucking things away, splicing, etc... and I put the upper intake on, it's starting to look like an engine bay!

20150603_010148_zps2zjfgyyp.jpg

20150603_010126_zpseb8dickc.jpg

20150603_010137_zpss4x4gv4o.jpg

While the brake booster is getting painted, I'm just messing with a few other things that need to be done.  Last night, I was running wires through the firewall, tucking things away, splicing, etc... and I put the upper intake on, it's starting to look like an engine bay!

20150603_010148_zps2zjfgyyp.jpg

20150603_010126_zpseb8dickc.jpg

20150603_010137_zpss4x4gv4o.jpg

Dang!  I shoulda invested in 3M!  LOL

Looking Good!

I love all the painter's tape, and I don't blame you one bit for it lol.

That tape is straight up custom!!!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Dang!  I shoulda invested in 3M!  LOL

Looking Good!

Haha, the tape may have been a a little overdone... but I didn't want to scratch the new paint :D

The whole engine bay used to be blue...lol I've redone the paint a couple of times...

what are the sizes of those bad boys?

EDIT: scratch that.  245/35-19!  wow that's going to be awesome on there.  is that all 4 corners?

what are the sizes of those bad boys?

EDIT: scratch that.  245/35-19!  wow that's going to be awesome on there.  is that all 4 corners?

Well, you caught me on the size... These aren't mine but I've got a set coming!  I'm going 18x10's in the rear and 18x9's in the front.  I've been eye-balling them for a little bit so I finally bit the bullet today.

Cleared everything good, I mocked up the fender to see how everything looked and it's going to be tight but I don't think making them fit is going to be too big of an issue!  I'm thinking a 265/35-18 is about as big as I'll be able to get on it at the moment, unless I flare the fenders a little bit (which isn't out of the question just yet :D).  

20150615_200024_zps4xkkcspv.jpg

I put the car back down on the ground to roll it over to the lift.  I'm switching the rear end over to a 31 spline setup this weekend, so it'll be alot easier.  Now, I'm just depressed that I don't have tires for the new wheels yet, I'd love to see it sitting on them...

20150617_233002_zpsdcsqov2h.jpg

On another note, I got a good deal on a new dash!  The guy who had my car, previously, ran lines inside for his mechanical gauges.  Dumb decision, yes.  Even more dumb decision, drilling a half dollar sized hole in the dash to run the lines through.....  While I've got the old dash out, I'll get some of the wiring cleaned up, mount the computer for my Dakota Digital unit, and take out some un-needed weight :D.

20150617_231450_zpsgdqd66uj.jpg

Just a shot of the engine bay, with the pieces mocked up in place.  I'm really just down to wiring, running brake lines, and little knick knack stuff...

20150617_233014_zps3vtz4azr.jpg

I got the chance last night, to tear the rear end apart.  This wasn't in the initial plans but I ran into a couple snags that I thought might need to be addressed (in the end, they didn't).  It's too late to turn back now, it's getting a 31 spline setup.  Also, it's getting some 3.73's thrown in it :D.

20150623_225445_zpsrpzwsylu.jpg

20150623_225415_zpslmkz9ebd.jpg

I didn't figure I'd regret it, my bank account was the only one that was complaining about it... ;)

Bank accounts and project cars have been mortal enemies from the very beginning    :lol:

I have been paranoid about my paint after doing my bay as well.  Just an FYI though you don't want to leave the tape on for any longer then you need to or the adhesive can start to separate from the tape and make a big mess to remove from the paint later.

I have been paranoid about my paint after doing my bay as well.  Just an FYI though you don't want to leave the tape on for any longer then you need to or the adhesive can start to separate from the tape and make a big mess to remove from the paint later.

I was worried about that so I've been taking the tape off periodically, and putting new on it :D

On a side note, tightening the nut on the pinion gear, without the proper tools...is a complete pain.  I intended on getting the rear end buttoned up last night but I didn't think about not having enough leverage to tighten everything down.... 

On a side note, tightening the nut on the pinion gear, without the proper tools...is a complete pain.  I intended on getting the rear end buttoned up last night but I didn't think about not having enough leverage to tighten everything down.... 

I learned a neat trick the last time I had a set of gears put in from a friend of mine that has his own shop and does tons of rear-ends every year.  Before installing it for the final time, he puts the crush sleeve in a hydraulic press and just barely starts to crush it.  It makes it exceptionally easier to final torque the pinion nut.

I learned a neat trick the last time I had a set of gears put in from a friend of mine that has his own shop and does tons of rear-ends every year.  Before installing it for the final time, he puts the crush sleeve in a hydraulic press and just barely starts to crush it.  It makes it exceptionally easier to final torque the pinion nut.

I didn't even think about it being a problem, that definitely would've helped though.  I've got myself to the point of no return now, it's not coming back out lol.

I didn't even think about it being a problem, that definitely would've helped though. I've got myself to the point of no return now, it's not coming back out lol.

yea it's a pain you have to put some serious force to get that thing to crush. And I'm gonna try the press idea next time seems like a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea it's a pain you have to put some serious force to get that thing to crush. And I'm gonna try the press idea next time seems like a good idea.

No doubt.  I tightened it up with my impact as much as I was comfortable with.  I suppose I could go a little more but I don't want to push it too far.

No doubt. I tightened it up with my impact as much as I was comfortable with. I suppose I could go a little more but I don't want to push it too far.

shoot my snap-on 1/2 impact didn't even have enough to crush the couple I've done.

Thank god for make-shift tools... I got it the rear end back together, now I'm on to starting this thing... I'm getting way too anxious.  

Last step before firing:  Checking the power on my wires and getting the gauges hooked up!

You 4v swapping motha efffa!!!!

;)

Actually, I picked it up for my notch!

for $400, I couldn't pass it up.  

20150629_203901_zps09ss3ryq.jpg

Is that actually going in your fox after all that work on the push rod? It will be awesome either way, I'm just a bit partial to the sound of a lumpy push rod idle ;)

I'm saving it for another day! 

There's no way I could get rid of this (Yes, the tape is off  :D)

20150629_234356_zps5qk8lyd1.jpg

20150629_234344-1_zpsysegxcpu.jpg

Well, I got farther along this weekend, but not exactly where I want to be.  My plans were to start the car up but the fuel pump won't kick on, so I've got some things to trace down.

I put the new dash in along with finally getting the Dakota Digital VHX setup wired in.  It's looking like I'm going to have to drop down the fuel tank to get the fuel level sending unit working, properly (it can't ever be something quick and easy...).  I love the way that this cluster looks!  

20150705_175739_zpso32nmt4x.jpg

I agree, that cluster looks amazing. Makes me wish they made one for SN's so I could further grow the snowball that will make sure I never drive my car again, lol.