Tony

anyone running strange 10 way shocks and struts?

• Moderators

Weight jackers have a lot more adjustability than 1" @tony.  You'd be putting a lowering spring in them, then dropping the weight jacker.  I could see getting 3" out of them.

Holy crap my head hurts from reading this.

Do you want to go Springs with adjustable lca, coil overs or bags If you simply set the car where you want it to sit and measure the ride height like I stated earlier you can make a much better decision on exactly what you will need to get there. Trying to buy something based on saying I want it slammed leaves a lot of unanswered questions and measurements. If you not go bags I would suggest coil overs that are the correct length for where your actual ride height needs to be.

hahaaa, opal don't fuck around!!! i think i understand it all now. talked with dan and bryan so i'm good. just one of those tings i guess. i wasn't understanding how the weight jackers could get you low enough. since we all share the same chasis i figured i could get good info on this shit. i never have tried any of it so i was lost i admit it :P

the whole thing i needed to know was how much adjusting i could get. seeing dans car and also realizing that the pics were from when he had a sra really helped!!

so anytime i would drive into any kind of steep'ish entrance if i'm just static dropped...i always hit it at an angle....well when you do that..one wheel will go up into the wheel well while the other extends away from the car...that's when a short spring wants to fall out of its perch. am i really the only one who has had cut springs on a gt lol?

This has never happened to me before and they have definitely never fell out while driving. You'd have to go airborne to actually have that much droop in your axle if the rear end is slammed. And fwiw, my rear springs are cut 1 coil and my adjustable control arms currently have the perches raised. I can lower them about another 1/2"-3/4" if I wanted.

This has never happened to me before and they have definitely never fell out while driving. You'd have to go airborne to actually have that much droop in your axle if the rear end is slammed. And fwiw, my rear springs are cut 1 coil and my adjustable control arms currently have the perches raised. I can lower them about another 1/2"-3/4" if I wanted.

i feel like i need to post a video of my car pulling in to my driveway with the 1 side pushed up and the other side extended and my spring just sitting freely lol. happened on this gt and my last one.

i'm over it all now anyway i'll figure something out once it gets a little warmer.

i feel like i need to post a video of my car pulling in to my driveway with the 1 side pushed up and the other side extended and my spring just sitting freely lol. happened on this gt and my last one.

i'm over it all now anyway i'll figure something out once it gets a little warmer.

damn i can't say ive ever seen that before. I have some 1.5" lower springs in the rear and theyre cut like 2 coils. never ever had an issue. 

Why wudnt you use a lower spring overall?!? My eibach sport lines are about a 2" overall drop after settling

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

yea i did man. just went with eibach sportlines. the problem i was having was that i cut a couple coils out of some springs i got off craigslist...they slammed the car but were too short to sty in the spring perches when the rear would flex. 

it's all good now :) running eibachs and strange 10 ways. good ride and low enough

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I haven't been on in a while.

I don't really see why you'd have an issue with the springs falling out on adjustable LCAs. I know I know, my car isn't that low, but my exhaust is less than 2 fingers off the ground as it is. I have the Maximum Motorsports XD adjustables and Eibach Sportlines in the rear and I can tuck the rear tire all the way into the wheelwell on 17s and not have an issue with the spring moving, but then again I haven't driven it very far like that either. My exhaust hanging so low is my limiting factor right now though.  But bottom line, I don't see why you would need a short rear spring with adjustables, especially with your wheel size you wouldn't need to run them down much.