jgib4

Project Sleeper Stang (SVO blower on Pi heads)

Hey guys decided to sell the blower it was to much trouble........

Just kidding, i would love to give any kind of update but nothing has changed.  The only thing i have done is ordered new brakes for the track bike, bought an exhaust and a new set of wheels for the daily lol.

Just to at least put something up here is the track bike.  Got it for $2500 over the winter.  02 r6 (carb) slip on and jet kit, ss brake lines.  Only has 3200 miles (because track bike).  Just ordered a new set of pads and high temp brake fluid (cause ya got to stop).  Going to be getting a fully exhaust, velocity stacks, airbox mod and filter, and running off cam 2.  Should put down around 115 to the wheel

IMG_2359_zpssgh5dkij.jpg

Then for the daily i originally had a jeep, but we moved and now my commute is way longer then the wifes.  So i took over her focus and she took the jeep.  Wishing now i would have made her get the st, but she wasn't concerned with power when we were looking lol.  So i took it over and ordered a green filter, and removed the snorkel.  I put snow tires on the stock wheels to get me through the winter and landed a set of St wheels for pretty cheap.  Then i got a hold of FSwerks race exhaust for 150 bucks so got that and ordered a magnaflow resonator to be welded on to get the sound a little less deafening.  Still waiting to put the exhaust on, but after that it will be getting a knock off st spoiler from eBay and a tune.  Also have st springs sitting the garage i plan on installing as soon as i get the front struts.  Should be a fun little daily when its done.

IMG_2695_zpsska3qqkr.jpg

Hopefully i wil have something useful to post soon haha.

so does this require the alternator to be fliped backwards? basically still up top just backwards?

95% sure it stays the same just moved over, guess i will find out when i go to mount it haha.

:eagerly awaiting startup:

You and me both.

Worked on it some yesterday.  Got all the coolant hoses buttoned up and started working on the coil pack bracket.  Dremel wasn't really touching it so that came off and a saw will be taken to it.  Also had the misfortune of breaking of the plastic coolant drain bolt off while trying to tighten it so i could finally put some coolant back in the car.  Luckily i got it tight before it broke but just add that on as another thing i need to fix lol.  Some things are now getting pushed back to do at my buddies shop because i no longer have a jack.  Long story short i heard a pop when the car was in the air (while looking for a place to put a jack stand) and pulled my head out from under the car in time for it all to go crashing down.  

Lol I feel like I'm failing you guys. Every other project I have had for the car it gets done in a timely manner. Having a kid now is definitely making it more challenging to get things done.

Updates; the alternator bracket has been cut and ground down. We guessed on how much was going to be needed so the belt wouldn't hit.

Throttle bracket is off and currently being worked on.

I have thought about a name change for the thread to The never ending problematic what can go wrong next supercharger build.

But Alas progress....

Took to cutting the coil pack bracket to make way for the belt.  This thing went under the knife about three times before we finally got it right.  Turned out pretty good, specially once it was painted.

IMG_2985_zpsfqjef1ia.jpg

And finally i don't have to worry about it shredding the belt.

(Painted)

IMG_2990_zps708l09ow.jpg

So got that put back on, my new alternator relocation bracket, few other odds and ends and this is were i left it for the night

IMG_2991_zpsbc99iiqn.jpg

Couple things yet left to do.  Next on the list is the vacuum harness and throttle bracket.  After that i should be able to start it!  Still have the fuel pump and wideband and I'm set.  Getting pretty excited to see what this thing is gonna do.

Looking good Jesse

Thanks man!

such a sweet sleeper look

Thanks, once everything is together i am going to work on cleaning the bay up a little.  To many wires!

Great job with this, the blower is really hidden now that its black.

Thanks. I love painting car parts. I think that's part of the reason I buy so many haha.

haven't booked anything as of yet.  I have a fuel pump, wideband, speedo healer, and input shaft seal to replace before i start with the tune.  That should take one day at the shop so just need to find a day to take it down.  the fact that it now running has me pretty pumped to get it finished.  i just can't get past dat whine lol.

Sounds awesome!!! Kind of kills the sleeper effect with that much whine!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

That was when it was cold and the idle was around 1200 once it warmed up and dropped it went away at idle

Emailed joe at trick tuners tonight, waiting to hear back from him.  Hopefully i will get this thing up and running soon. Might wait until the end of summer for the dyno though.  I feel like the colder air would help the blower out.

love how if  you are not paying attention it looks like a stock-ish intake...

Yes sir, its the ultimate sleeper blower haha.  So many people have no idea when they look at it.

Emailed joe at trick tuners tonight, waiting to hear back from him.  Hopefully i will get this thing up and running soon. Might wait until the end of summer for the dyno though.  I feel like the colder air would help the blower out.

Im in the process of him tuning my car as well.  He emailed me a tune on sunday afternoon, i uploaded it, sent back a datalog within the hour, and I still havn't heard back from him since then.  but im waiting patiently lol 

Im in the process of him tuning my car as well.  He emailed me a tune on sunday afternoon, i uploaded it, sent back a datalog within the hour, and I still havn't heard back from him since then.  but im waiting patiently lol 

Thats pretty normal lol.  He is a great tuner it just takes a long time.  I didn't use a wideband on my hci swap with stage 1 cams and when i had the guy at the dyno shop check it, it was pretty much spot on.   I had found saturday morning was the best time to get a couple of tunes out of him if i did the data logs quick enough.

Thats pretty normal lol.  He is a great tuner it just takes a long time.  I didn't use a wideband on my hci swap with stage 1 cams and when i had the guy at the dyno shop check it, it was pretty much spot on.   I had found saturday morning was the best time to get a couple of tunes out of him if i did the data logs quick enough.

haha fair enough! i sent him an email on tuesday asking a couple questions about what we could do for a couple things.  So hopefuly ill hear from him this weekend :)

haha fair enough! i sent him an email on tuesday asking a couple questions about what we could do for a couple things.  So hopefuly ill hear from him this weekend :)

yours is a 4v swap right?  any other mods?

It was crazy once he stared adding timing.  My first wot data log i was like wow he's not going to be able to do much with this tune past this.  It ran great.  Then he sent me another that said "added some timing"  haha man i was i wrong.  That why i love helping with the tuning process.  You get to see how much it really effects your performance.  

yours is a 4v swap right?  any other mods?

It was crazy once he stared adding timing.  My first wot data log i was like wow he's not going to be able to do much with this tune past this.  It ran great.  Then he sent me another that said "added some timing"  haha man i was i wrong.  That why i love helping with the tuning process.  You get to see how much it really effects your performance.  

mark viii long block, cobra cams, intake, exhaust, 4.10's. nothing too over the top.

i hope i feel that much of a difference! i have the wideband to help out and the first tune i got was already an improvement on startup.  the thing goes crazy lean if i try to move the car though hah, so there she sits

mark viii long block, cobra cams, intake, exhaust, 4.10's. nothing too over the top.

i hope i feel that much of a difference! i have the wideband to help out and the first tune i got was already an improvement on startup.  the thing goes crazy lean if i try to move the car though hah, so there she sits

Yea i had a lean spike at like 1,000-1500.  Just rev it a bit before you get going ;) That shouldn't take long.  I had some issues with hot starts that took the longest to fix but he got it worked out.  I have a wideband for this tune so hopefully there isn't to much more to it.

Any updates?

As of right now i started getting all my base tunes done with joe.  Fuel pump and wide band still have to go in but i just got the go ahead for wot logs when they are.  

I have driven it a few times. I haven't really gotten in it because the tune is not dialed in and I'm still needing the fuel pump, but i rolled on the throttle from about 1/4 to 3/4 and it put me back in my seat in third gear lol.  I can't wait till its all dialed in.  

Car is crazy loud now.  Idle it sounds bad ass but as soon as i romp on it i think people in the next state can hear me.  Might be getting different mufflers to dial it back a bit.

im finally pretty much tuned, but i need to do another datalog for my MAF or something.  stumbles pretty bad when its cold.    does that supercharger whine at all or is it pretty quiet?