jgib4

Project Sleeper Stang (SVO blower on Pi heads)

im finally pretty much tuned, but i need to do another datalog for my MAF or something.  stumbles pretty bad when its cold.    does that supercharger whine at all or is it pretty quiet?

at idle you can't hear it unless the hood is up.  Going down the road i passed this long stretch of fence and the sound of the car was bouncing off of it.  It sounded like a jet spooling up and getting ready to take off haha.  I haven't really gotten into it to hear it scream.  I will take a video of it inside the cab and out at wot when its all done.

You can definitely hear the SVO's whine as you are getting on it. That is one of the reasons I wanted one when they came out. 

I haven't taken it over 3500 yet.  From that video it seems like thats where it screams.  The waiting is killing me.

Well 4 months later finally got the fuel pump and wideband in.  With trying to keep to the sleeper look here is where i mounted my wideband.

gauge_zps6giz4u1b.jpg

Had to replace the pinion seal while it was up in the air.  All in all its pretty much done now.  Been working with joe on the tune.  Finally did a WOT pull and its a whole other car now.  Not sure if he even has any timing in the tune yet haha.  Supercharger is not as loud as i thought it would be when I'm getting into it.  Not sure if its because its only the 6psi pulley or because the car itself is so freaking loud i can't hear it.  Once we get this tune dialed in il have a video of a few pulls and il be hitting the dyno.  Also heading to car week in oc in a few weeks so should have some good videos from that to.

lol yea trying to keep it stock looking, not sure why but i really don't drive it enough to justify a new sound system.  Plus i really can't hear it over the car haha.  Will do.  If he sends me a new tune soon il take one when i go out.

whys the tune taking so long :(

Mostly my fault.  Took like 4 months to finally get time to install the pump and wideband. Then ran into some problems getting everything to read on my computer when i was doing the logs.

How did it turn out for you?

glad to see this thing going! recently saw one of these on my local CL and thought about taking a look. but im lazy so nah :)

Should have picked it up!  how much were they asking?  Im thinking about buying as many as i can and destroying them all so i have the only one ;)

I think about 2500? cant find it anymore so im guessing it sold? it was brand new too! still in the box. it was from a ford dealer in state college. probably had it sitting on the shelf and just wanted it out of there.

Tune is all finished up, drivability is great.  Car definitely pulls harder and breaks the tires loose in 2nd and third....But I'm not gonna lie i expected a little more. So i did the one thing i said i wasn't going to do.  I broke down and bought a smaller pulley......

Bearing went on the blower, pulley twisted and pretty much destroyed itself and shredded the belt. Engine bay was a mess between the belt and a little bit of the oil came out. Towed it home and got in another car to go to the beach so as of right now no idea how much damage it caused.

That sucks to hear! I hope its just minor damage to the pulley and belt and you can jump back in again.

Hopefully, I'm going to try and pull it next week if I have time to find out.

wow that really really sucks man.  hopefully you can get it fixed soon

damn dude im sorry to see that :(   doesnt look like a fun or cheap repair at all

Thanks guys, already working on getting it fixed. Kinda screwed either way. Can't sell it because I won't make any money on it so I really don't have a choice. But since I'm going to spend the money on it, it's going to be done right and some other things are going to be added ;). Il post up as I go along.

I know stegemeier was working on a swap to use the gt500 rotors in the M112 but I never really looked into since mine is new. Definitely something I would check out on a used one though. If you have to rebuild maybe you can upgrade at the same time. 

lol i didn't read your first post right i thought you said m112.  Yea i would have to find a used one and pull it apart.  I know the termi blowers have a lot of interchangeable parts and had planned on looking for a rebuild kit if i needed any parts for mine.  What would using the gt500 blower rotors do?  would it free up hp or add it?

Nobody told me this story was a tragedy when I started it! Really enjoyed reading this build thread and hope this one rises from the ashes!

lol it didn't start that way!  And it is in the works already.