jgib4

Project Sleeper Stang (SVO blower on Pi heads)

wow that actually looks better than i thought it would.  i figured it would have messed a ton more up, nothing got in near the impellers/paddles/whatever the be?

No by the looks of it everything is contained in the front. I moved everything around in the actual blower, no noise, or anything weird coming from it. Still going to pull it off soon to move the iat to the runner and the plan is to have the runners port matched.

DAMNIT!!!

I dont know what kind of experience you have with blowers or have the tools to work on them, but if it were me I would send it to someone like Steig.  When that bearing went out who knows what else it could have affected.  It could have bent that shaft or a number of other things.  Those guys have the resources to get this thing spec'd back out perfectly.  Not at all trying to insult your skills just speaking from experience.  Ask me how I know lol

The tolerances in blowers are so small one little thing being off can potentially cause other parts to fail.........again ask me how I know.

Never the less good luck, hopefully everything is safe inside. 

i like that.  if it breaks, make it better.

Gotta fix it any way better off doing it right the first time.

DAMNIT!!!

I dont know what kind of experience you have with blowers or have the tools to work on them, but if it were me I would send it to someone like Steig.  When that bearing went out who knows what else it could have affected.  It could have bent that shaft or a number of other things.  Those guys have the resources to get this thing spec'd back out perfectly.  Not at all trying to insult your skills just speaking from experience.  Ask me how I know lol

The tolerances in blowers are so small one little thing being off can potentially cause other parts to fail.........again ask me how I know.

Never the less good luck, hopefully everything is safe inside. 

The whole snout is off and is being sent to someone in CA i know who rebuilds them and has the ability to make parts from scratch if need be.  More then likely the shaft will have to be replaced considering the damage on it.  Trust me i am in no way trying to do this my self.  There are some things i don't mind doing but this is beyond me.  

Gotta fix it any way better off doing it right the first time.

The whole snout is off and is being sent to someone in CA i know who rebuilds them and has the ability to make parts from scratch if need be.  More then likely the shaft will have to be replaced considering the damage on it.  Trust me i am in no way trying to do this my self.  There are some things i don't mind doing but this is beyond me.  

Awesome.  Again I dont meant any disrespect I just dont want anyone to have to deal with some of the mistakes I have made.  

freaking crap! this sucks to see. im a little late to the party(or lack there of) Glad to see your getting this fixed. Ive really enjoyed watching your progress. Also correct me if im wrong, is this not a some what common failure? I knew the GM supercharger snout bearings went bad fairly frequently? same design/idea?

freaking crap! this sucks to see. im a little late to the party(or lack there of) Glad to see your getting this fixed. Ive really enjoyed watching your progress. Also correct me if im wrong, is this not a some what common failure? I knew the GM supercharger snout bearings went bad fairly frequently? same design/idea?

Thanks, hopefully i will end up getting another 75-100hp out of it by the time its back on.

I honestly don't know.  I never looked into the gm version to much.  Most of the failures i have heard of is the piston rings going from heat and detonation.

The update:
For anyone still curious about numbers and how its running. On my way to Ocean city for car week, I made it about 2 hours from my house when i started hearing what sounded like my motor falling apart lol. Shut it off and drifted into a parking lot. Pulley was sideways, belt was shredded and smoke was rolling from the front of the blower.
Got it towed home ($450) and started tearing it apart. It looked like the bearing went in the front snout and caused the pulley to go sideways.  
Posted up on here about the damage cause i wasn't sure what to do with it. Well a huge shout out to  @Nitmare67 . He hit me up, talked to me about what could be done to fix it. Sent the snout out a few days later to him. I received texts, pictures, or phone calls on the regular about what was going on. His attention to detail is outstanding and he really took his time on making it right.  
I wound up going from the stock pulley 3.8 to a 3.3. So i should be pushing around 8-9 pounds of boost, and i will be adding meth. Shooting for 400-450 hp.

It lives!
Svo 3.3 - YouTube

Small update.  Got everything back together to make sure everything was good before i dropped anymore money in the car.  Took it for a little drive and man does that blower whine!  Going to be tearing it back down for a little work.  Just ordered 3.5 in piping to make a custom cai for it to help it breath better.  More to come!

3 hours ago, 95riosnake said:

Good to hear you got it fixed up, maybe the issues are finally behind you now! Nothing like a bit of blower whine to make you feel better.

One can only hope, and yes it did bring a pretty big smile to my face.

New piece came in the mail today.  3.5in pipe and couplings.  My CAI goes from 3.5in before the Lightning MAF to 2.75 after the MAF.  Now the largest Throttle body i can run is 70mm (2.75) due to the opening on the blower.  So this would seem kinda dumb to get a bigger pipe just to have it taper down somewhere else, except after some digging and research finding a few people talking about having 6-8 inches of pipe after the MAF that is the same size.  Also i am moving the IAT to the blower so i would have a hole that needs to be filled.  The plan is to remove the small tube on the side of the pipe for the IAC valve and put it on the new one.  Shorten it to length and repaint.  We shall see if it helps with the MAF pegging.