9838stang

9838stang's Money Pit Pony

that's something.  at least they are trying to make it right.

Yea i thought it was pretty big of the guy too. If these are as bright as my hid's ill be going with them since it should have a constant color and it didnt have a hot spot in the middle. I love the way they looked and i could hold the led light after it was on for 5 minutes so it wasnt real hot with i like.

well that sucks to hear :-/   was it both lights or did you only do the one?  

just the one. i was near 1:00am and I didnt feel like firing up the bench grinder and pissing off my neighbors. I just said eff it and went back to HID's in that light. Since i have one projector modified all ready it should go much easier the next time around. but wow, one issue after another...

Yea i thought it was pretty big of the guy too. If these are as bright as my hid's ill be going with them since it should have a constant color and it didnt have a hot spot in the middle. I love the way they looked and i could hold the led light after it was on for 5 minutes so it wasnt real hot with i like.

just the one. i was near 1:00am and I didnt feel like firing up the bench grinder and pissing off my neighbors. I just said eff it and went back to HID's in that light. Since i have one projector modified all ready it should go much easier the next time around. but wow, one issue after another...

yea thats annoying, i was thinking maybe that led light itself was bad, but you could probably bench test those and see if one possibly was bad.  

yea thats annoying, i was thinking maybe that led light itself was bad, but you could probably bench test those and see if one possibly was bad.  

no doubt they were bright, it tried testing them both out of the light any they worked fine i couldnt tell any difference out of the projectors...

After seeing the lights had a low lumen output, i contacted the seller. I told him that the lights were not very bright or not as bright as my hid's, approximately half a brights. They appologized and sent out their new version which is brighter. I should have them hopefully this afternoon. but not sure when ill have time to install them.

In the mean time, these are pictures i took a few weeks ago and already posted in another thread i created. So nothing new just posting where the car is at.

DSC_0502redonew_zpsymxq1jtj.jpg

DSC_0505redonew_zpsgy6kgvgo.jpg

DSC_0519redonew_zpssg4gaivo.jpg

DSC_0535redonew_zpsfbxic64a.jpg

DSC_0554redonew_zpsfnxscn9b.jpg

DSC_0571redonew_zpsiy0qwnjr.jpg

DSC_0548redonew_zpsidgizqwc.jpg

I hope it works out but from what I have seen so far most of the led kits use wording like "almost/nearly as bright as hid" and if you look at the lumens output they are just less output no matter how you look at it.  I could see the advantage in switching from a halogen to led to claim the voltage saved was worth it but HID is already a low current output, switching to leds isn't going to save you any huge amount of current.  As for the temp, projectors are already made to handle the temps so I am also not sure what is saved there.  Does that kit have the fans on the back of the lights?  I have to wonder what happens if one of the fans fails myself?  Idunno I am sticking hid for a few more years at a minimum.

Ok, I got the lights in and tried them out. They look pretty damn bright.
Excuse the glare, as you can see it is raining and the wet ground gives off a bad glare.

Headlights only
DSC_0657_zpsvuqpjeb0.jpg

foglights only (HIDS) 4300k
DSC_0658_zpsyffhplw8.jpg

both on

DSC_0659_zpsx6zbpfkq.jpg

High beam and foglights
DSC_0660_zpspfjzd0m3.jpg

My Niterider 750 bicycle light
DSC_0664_zpscee4zaf2.jpg

While getting ready for an All Ford Car Show at the Apple Valley Ford dealership, I figured i would give my door panels and dash another coating of the Armor All. Last year and the year before that i would use the same stuff on my interior. Well, while applying the Armor All whips to the interior, the door panels on the top turn white.eek.png

I spent 2 hours clean other tops of the panels trying to get the white to go away, and after using this stuff, it came out looking better and i used some meguiars interior shine to make it look some what better

IMG_20150614_223145612_zpsnb14l8ps.jpg

After the show i went home to finished cleaning the interior. I used the same stuff above, on the alcantara on the cobra seats. And this stuff on the leather vinyl and some plastics on the inside... This stuff works great!!!!!

IMG_20150614_223203035_zpsiysns4oc.jpg

DSC_0106redo1_zpsaftbdlph.jpg

DSC_0107redo_zpsushrz0wv.jpg

For a while i have had this creaking noise in the front end for a while now and recently it had gotten to me because the other night i heard it echo off a brick wall. I thought no way it cant be that bad.

I stood over the engine bay and tried pushing the car up and down, but heard nothing. I also tried to shimmy the car back left to right and finally heard the noise. It was coming from the passenger side; sounding more like the Caster Camber plate. Well i pulled the shock out, only to notice i had to take the bump steer kit out and the caliper off, and the sway bar off two. I pulled the the plate off and the bumper steer out. re greased everything and put it all back together...

Also pulled the front ISOs out to see how much lower it would be.

IMG_20150614_170054659_HDR_zps44hktogs.j

IMG_20150614_162400735_HDR_zps91ex4hal.j

IMG_20150614_204913198_zpsuiar8gbf.jpg

DSC_0126redo_zpsy6odqkb7.jpg

lol fair bit of rubbing going on with your strut, huh?

Car is looking great!  I really like the tan 03/04 seats in your interior!

Actually, i reused the factory plastic strut covers to help reduce the amount of road schlar getting to the strut itself. Well it has rubbed the paint off since then. but the wheel doesnt touch the strut at all

A better shot of how much lower she sit in the day light

IMG_20150615_073111452_HDR_zpsbplwbwlk.j

I was on my was home from a lunch date with the girl friend today. On my way home, I went down a small stretch of highway and saw part of the road buckled. I hit the brake to lessen the hit. I was able to save my wheel but the wheel bounced up and hit the fender and took a chunk of bondo out... bummer

When i got the car, the fender that is on the car right now this very second was a complete bondo case. Well the I had no idea it was and my first winter with the car, i was kicking off a snow bugger of the car and happen to see a massive chunk of bondo fall off the car. I replaced that fender with another and painted that fender. After a couple of months and a run in with a guy who loves to clean car and used his own cleaning stuff, which killed the paint. I replaced that fender with original fender. Before hand i took a bunch of the old bondo out of the fender. Some chunks were do big they could be the same size of a golf ball. After getting the metal back to where it was suppose to be i filled the imperfections. Hung the fender only to find out the fender wasnt straight. I was in a hurry and tried to bend the rest of the metal to make the panel straight. It was to much stress on the bondo and it cracked. I sanded the cracked parts and refilled them.

After a few years i saw some of the cracks were coming back but didnt pay any attention to them.

I lowered the car more by taking out my isos, but didnt see how little clearance i had on the drivers side. and this happened

IMG_20150701_161310592_zps6idpooar.jpg

Here goes a temp fix.

IMG_20150701_184327898_HDR_zps9d8ih5ez.j

i feel your pain man. my whole car was solid bondo before I bought it :-/

DSC09699.jpg

shoot I found out my car has a new drivers side rear quarter panel when bondo started Falling off the inner fender lip when I was rolling them, thank god it didn't get up to we're it was visible. But after closer inspection and some poor spot welds I came to the conclusion it had been replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know poor picture quality. Painted the lower fender. not bad for rattle job. can't wait to how it looks tomorrow. I still have to wet sand and feather in the paint line. and wash the whole. car. Even though i had the plastic cover over it, that dust gets everywhere.

IMG_20150703_123443774_HDR_zpsckcenboq.j

After finding out how much bondo was behind that paint on the fender, i took all that crap off and reshaped the metal. I did re apply a thin layer of bondo and a few coats of paint.

IMG_20150705_121243641_zpsllntcigr.jpg

IMG_20150708_235601268_zpszjh7uws4.jpg

For some reason the lighting in that last pic makes your fender / side skirt extension look like it's covered in leather. LOL ;)

Didn't you know man, that's the real way to blend your interior leather trim to the outside if your car ;)

For some reason the lighting in that last pic makes your fender / side skirt extension look like it's covered in leather.  LOL ;)

I dipped the side skirts the front end pieces are all kinds of messed up. So I just put plasti dip on them. Also to kinda match the fender stripes

I dipped the side skirts the front end pieces are all kinds of messed up. So I just put plasti dip on them. Also to kinda match the fender stripes

you did all that paint work on the fender but couldn't fix/paint the side skirts at the same time?

1 didn't have enough paint left over for 1. 2 didn't really wanna pop off the rocker moldings as well. Also they gf sometimes cant get out of the car very well now that it is lowered more. The dip is pretty good at being scratch resistant. And she does try no to scuff the car.

you did all that paint work on the fender but couldn't fix/paint the side skirts at the same time?

Rattle bomb job looks really nice!!

Here it is. I still need to color sand it but hey it looks great. I won't be color sanding for at least 2 more weeks. Gotta give it time for the humidity to go away

IMG_20150712_111543515_HDR_zpskvaaoobp.j

Looks great man, I wouldn't even be able to tell where you did the repair if I didn't know where it was already.

Same here.  I tend to read threads from the bottom up and had to scroll up to figure out where the repair was made.  Great job!

I guess i should post an under the hood picture...

DSC_0475redo_zpsk9vz9gij.jpg

Here are a few updates on the car.

I have drove the car over 6000 miles now with out the front spring isos, and and i havent had any metal on metal noise issues.
LED light conversion works and looks great!

I got the bug to add some new puddle(ghost) lights in the car after a buddy gave me both of his from his 2013 gt/cs after he broke both of his mirrors. well they wouldnt fit where i wanted them so i ordered a set off ebay.

I have them tapped into the dome light. When ever the dome light comes on so do they.

I traced the wiring to the passenger side pillar. I cut back the electrical tape covering the 3 wires and it had shown a black wire, black with white and a grey i believe.
IMG_20150808_233152047_zpstytwtzc6.jpg

I ran a wire from where i am splicing into it down the pillar, under the dash to where the kick panel on the passenger side.

IMG_20150808_233202169_zpsgxi7lpst.jpg

IMG_20150808_233304598_zpscusquhp0.jpg

I ran the wire through the door and routed it where the connectors are at. and did the same to the driver side. I also ran a wire under the dash to connect both door. next was to drill a hole into both door panels

IMG_20150808_233429176_zps1gthne4i.jpg

IMG_20150808_235224133_zps0r9xzopn.jpg

IMG_20150816_194342134_zpsugxyir3e.jpg

Bent up the exhaust a bit. no big deal when going low.

Some new shot i took
DSC_0653redo_zpsru6wbol8.jpg

DSC_0661redoa_zpslifd3gx9.jpg

DSC_0990redoa_zpslypv2lhj.jpg

DSC_0027redoa_zpsohzl4yna.jpg

For got that i hadnt told anyone of my tank straps... lol didnt wanna buy new polished ones so i just used chrome duct tape on the straps. and they have been on there for a few months now have held up great!

I ended up trading all of these 17" 96 gt wheels (7 wheels 4 tires and 7 center caps) for some 18x9 roush wheels. The roush wheels are a bit beaten up but they should clean up ok

DSC_0049_zpsxhxuxbn5.jpg

DSC_0043_zpsp69tegag.jpg

the roush wheels

11992297_10153124937985108_1428973900_n_

11996975_10153125354425108_246407774_n_z

Test fitted the wheels on the car to see if they are true and how they fit. 3 of the tires are shot. have screw heads in them and a few staples. other wise they look good.

IMG_20150914_185419459_zpsgls2uhqi.jpg

hmmm looks good.

IMG_20150914_185505914_zpsldpabydz.jpg