SN95_Justin

1995 GTS 351W swap.. project nytemare

I did. Cut the hardlines separate from eachother. But I also figured that out about the victor lower. Still waffling between the way I'm running it now or going with the nylon braided lines.

Are you on SEFB as well? Or?

Car still isn't running. Haven't messed with it much this week since it's my.first week of fire academy. Which means lots of PT and homework. Messed with it a little tonight after buying a new battery and I can't get it to crank. Timing is TDC on compression, it's getting fuel, it's getting spark. Read somewhere that it should be set to 10bdc for initial startup. Going to try this method tomorrow when I won't wake up the neighbor hood. They don't like muffler less cars..

I'm not on SEFB, no. I just have the same upper/lower combo and C&L tube (accept I have the SN elbow).  Just reminded me of how it looked before powdercoat.  Regardless, I know Keith used braided line for his heater hoses @The Mk2 and it came out really nice.  Not sure what he did with the coolant temp sensor though. 

@410sn95 this balancer only has one set of timing marks. Rechecked that I installed everything correctly as well last night. Pulled passenger side valve cover to reassure myself that the #1 piston valves are both closed upon TDC.

@Steve-Oh now that makes sense lol. Did you just throw those onto an already running engine or did you start from scratch like I did? Trying to get some ideas on where to look next.

@410sn95 this balancer only has one set of timing marks. Rechecked that I installed everything correctly as well last night. Pulled passenger side valve cover to reassure myself that the #1 piston valves are both closed upon TDC.

@Steve-Oh now that makes sense lol. Did you just throw those onto an already running engine or did you start from scratch like I did? Trying to get some ideas on where to look next.

I was a pansy and just ordered a crate motor from Ford, no lower end building for me but in essence I started fresh.   Just a stupid question but when you attempt to start does it seem like there's an electrical draw and no crank situation or does it just not do anything?

Roger that.  Thought you were getting a no crank situation, as in it will not turn over when trying to start.

id expect it to run a little choppy with this cam.. but right now i'm chasing the issue that it idles and revs but stalls under load.

increased the fuel pressure to 40# just for S&G's since it was about 25# earlier. still stalls. checked vacuum lines and all are good. vacuum port on the TB is capped, but will have a line running to the PCV type system from the VC since that is open. 

need to figure out my craftsman timing light. it's a little weird and far different than any other timing light i have. 

Good Lord that thing is running rough!

Steve's biggest problem with getting his car to run, was that he didn't have the MAF that he told me he did.

Easy lol! That's what happens when someone sells you an L-MAF that wasn't an L-MAF. We troubleshooted and conquered!

Justin, what are you using for tuning? I think I remember somewhere reading you were using Megasquirt? Can't recall exactly.

@Steve-Oh I'm still in the process of building the megasquirt. That little project is on hold till I get out of fire academy on may 30th and start back detailing cars. But I'm currently using the stock computer.

@95riosnake Thanks man! I have fell in love all over again with this setup.