Psychorugby

Meet Valentine

• Moderators

how hard were the Alcantara shift boot and e-brake boots to install? i want those for my 12

The stock shift boot took way longer than it should have, but was pretty easy.  Just undo the console, which requires pulling up from the cup holder and unclipping 6 clips and any wire harnesses.  The shift boot should unsnap from the console relatively easy.  There are only 8 clips I think.  Some of mine were pretty stubborn, which is why it took so long.  You do need a shift knob with the stem like mine or the knob will just spin.  While you have the console undone, the e-brake boot is super easy to do.  There are 4 clips holding it in and the elastic around the button.  All said, I probably had 40 minutes into them, and the bulk of that was trying not to break the stock shift boot.

• Moderators

ok thanks yours looks really good i might do the shelby steering wheel too

I want to do a Boss.  There was one on Corral semi-locally for $200, but he is not responding to his thread.

• Moderators

i found the shelby one for 217 from taska brand new

I was only going Boss because it is full Alcantara; the GT500 only has Alcantara thumb rests.  Boss is still $380 at Tasca... http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/dr3z3600aa?search_str=DR3Z*3600*AA

• Moderators

i watched bills video the swap looks pretty easy

Need to do this.  I am in the process of negotiating how much beer the Boss steering wheel is worth!

• Moderators

if you car is under the air bag recall then could do it then thats when i am doing mine

I'm pretty sure it is, although when I asked my local Ford dealer about it, they told me they didn't have any airbags in stock and there were some shenanigans involved with getting a new one.

• Moderators

@Yeahloh95 Got the Boss steering wheel this past weekend down at Sebring... for a case of Sourthern Tier IPA lol.

FE9F5356-256F-4D11-8655-DFE1CEE1BD68_zps

Also got to take Valentine out on the track for parade laps, so she is #becauseracecar now!

• Moderators

need to upload pics of said racetrack experience!

When I'm not so slammed at work!  Most of it is video and I don't feel like figuring out YouTube lol.

• Moderators

How does one live in Florida, not far from the beach mind you, and still have the whitest legs ever!?!?! :-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

If I am outside for half an hour, I turn pink... or red... then back to white.  There's no tanning if you're of Irish descent.  

that wheel does look good tho!!

Feels good too!  No more blistering my hands after the car has sat outside all day!

i had a gf that was a redhead with freckles and watching her smear sunscreen all over herself just to go grab the mail got on my last nerve :P but yea...she used to turn kinda pink'ish then straight back to paste asap! 

• Moderators

i had a gf that was a redhead with freckles and watching her smear sunscreen all over herself just to go grab the mail got on my last nerve :P but yea...she used to turn kinda pink'ish then straight back to paste asap! 

Exactly why Linda thinks I hate the beach.  I don't hate the beach, I hate having to coat myself in SPF 235908708945742985 every fifteen minutes.

• Moderators

that is very cool i did get the shift boot and e brake boot just need to instal them i might even go with the boss wheel was the install on it easy ?

The shift boot gave me a lot of issues not wanting to come off... so the steering wheel was WAY easier than that.  It took me less than an hour to do, and that included rewiring the wheel to work with my buttons.  Two 8mm bolts on either side of the wheel hold the airbag on; then two wire clips; 26mm or 15/16" bolt holding the steering wheel on; another wire clip; then if you have to change buttons out, they're held in by clips on top and bottom... with a little screwdriver you can pry them out.  If you have to change the wire harness out, there are three T30 screws for the horn ring, and a T25 for the wire harness.  Installation is the reverse of removal.

• Moderators

great good to know i just pulled the stock spoiler off last weekend in prep for my gt500 what a job it took over 2 hours to get off

I want a Steeda race wing... but then saw how good the stock lip spoiler was glued on there...

• Moderators

with a heat gun and a plastic squeegy it can be done it just takes a while, there is way to much tape for that wing with it having bolts too

I remember going to take it off when we did the first detail on it and being surprised how much tape there is.  Makes no sense to me if it has 4 bolts already.

@Yeahloh95 Got the Boss steering wheel this past weekend down at Sebring... for a case of Sourthern Tier IPA lol.

FE9F5356-256F-4D11-8655-DFE1CEE1BD68_zps

Also got to take Valentine out on the track for parade laps, so she is #becauseracecar now!

oohhh, you actually replaced your steering wheel here? just read the comment lol. that looks good man 

• Moderators

oohhh, you actually replaced your steering wheel here? just read the comment lol. that looks good man 

I wasn't posting to show off my sexy legs.

I wasn't posting to show off my sexy legs.

right! just thought it was a random cluster/dash/steering wheel pic with a side of paste :P idk what a 13 steering wheel looks like so i didn't notice you gotta new wheel. fits nicely. 

• Moderators

right! just thought it was a random cluster/dash/steering wheel pic with a side of paste :P idk what a 13 steering wheel looks like so i didn't notice you gotta new wheel. fits nicely.

Like Troy said, stock is all leather. GT500 has alcantara thumb rests; Boss is full alcantara.

that makes 2 compliments in a row and not even a single "like" or a thank you...is it cause i clown on them legs  :D lol. 

you plan to do anything with your seats to match the wheel or do they already look good with it? 

• Moderators

that makes 2 compliments in a row and not even a single "like" or a thank you...is it cause i clown on them legs  :D lol. 

you plan to do anything with your seats to match the wheel or do they already look good with it? 

My B!  Fixed it!

I would love to get a set of factory Recaros.  I'm not sure the 13-14 Recaros were Alcantara though (pretty sure the Boss seats were Alcantara, but don't want to be a poser with the Boss 302 logo stitched in them... even though my goal with this car is to make it a Boss-ish tribute). I know the Ford Racing sears for the 15s are Alcantara, but they're $3k for a set and not sure they would fit.  

• Moderators

put the boss seats in and stop being a pussy :D

You giving me $3k?!

do you happen to know the part number for the boss wheel thanks

7S4Z-3600-AA