Blackmage

96-98 Cobra CAI's

I'm beginning to hate this industry, i understand you can't make parts forever, but some of these things are getting hard to find now!  I really want to keep my strut tower brace, and use the C&L but you cannot find them new anymore, and finding them used has been hard.  I could go with BBK but that chrome just clashes with my engine bay and i dont want to buy it then powdercoat it immediately.  Next step would be to just remove the STB and go with the Tuneable Induction one, as that one appeals the most to me without the STB in place.  What do you guys think?

Stock 96-98 Intake   $50-$70 used

guide-62047-01.jpg

JLT Ram Air      $259

1998-ford-mustang-cobra-jlt-ram-air-cai.

JLT Next Gen     $289

78651_800px.jpg?wid=810&hei=608

C&L Intake with 80mm MAF    $325

para_75_242_img.jpg

Tunable Induction CAI  (I know this is a bullitt, but pretty similar)      $199

135609d1311809575-whats-good-cold-air-in

BBK intake     $367

IMAG0073.jpg

I like the JLT next gen, the cleanest looking setup IMO and you can keep your STB.

it would prob go really well with a smoothed intake ;)

Jlt next gen or the c&l get my vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try and find that C&L intake though, ugh i cannot find it anywhere, used even.

I don't know why this hasn't been said...but the bullitt and cobra use the same intake..

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cnl-cai-01bullitt.html

You're right they do, why they heck do they have them separated? I'll have to contact am about it tomorrow, see what the difference is as well. The cobra pics don't have that black connector, it's just a regular piece of metal. Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhablet

I guess C&L made them different. BBK and various others use the same part number for both. My buddy had one on his bullitt he said he pulled from a wrecked cobra so I thought they were identical. You could always go to braided lines and those "AN" hose clamps to overcome the port difference.

I guess C&L made them different. BBK and various others use the same part number for both. My buddy had one on his bullitt he said he pulled from a wrecked cobra so I thought they were identical. You could always go to braided lines and those "AN" hose clamps to overcome the port difference.

The port locations on the bullitt actually work way better for my current setup.

994AA73C-AAA5-4DD1-8AEC-E9CE61B62B02_zps

+1 on the JLT Next Generation if a C&L doesn't fall into your lap. You should definitely keep your strut tower brace and it looks like the JLT would fit without much work. I also think you should just go all out and paint match it, if that's your thing.

it would prob go really well with a smoothed intake ;)

Try and find that C&L intake though, ugh i cannot find it anywhere, used even.

I remember trying to find the C&L new and used - impossible. Decided to just get a Vortech instead  :D

I remember trying to find the C&L new and used - impossible. Decided to just get a Vortech instead  :D

Ya know, i ended up getting the bullitt C&L intake and it worked perfectly and then i just saw a cobra C&L intake on ebay for like $150. lol

I was worried that not being able to run my STB would be noticeable but I have to say, I haven't missed it yet.

Im not sure it does a whole lot, but i like seeing it under there :)