Jalien

stock headers

thanks. i am having problems with the mid-pipe scraping on speed bumps. i need to bring them up somehow.

What mid pipe are you running? My offroad H pipe can't really be adjusted, but if you have some different brands they can be manipulated a little bit..

afaik its stock. i bought the car july 2013.

im going off your profile info so let me know if im wrong.

your 2000 GT has this for a stock midpipe, as you can see there are NO adjustments that can really be had with it. 

6458d1282065781-99-04-stock-h-pipe-catal

Although, there are two hangers on the backside of each muffler, so if those are bad, then you can replace those rubber hangers with new ones and it should help the whole thing up a little bit.   Otherwise you can go with an aftermarket mid pipe which will give you a little more motion and you could potentially bring the pipe up a little bit more, although your stock one should be fairly tight up against the body anyways..

something like this one on the right.

Picture019-2.jpg

All of those pipes can be adjusted.  Get all 4 wheels off the ground and get under it and loosen all the mounting bolts till they are almost fall out.  Use some stands or a couple of buddies to hold them up nice and tight to the floor and then tighten them all up and it should be ok.

A magazine did it so it must be the way to do things...

Wish they would have then swapped to a real 3in system with good headers. Then see how much more it would make with EGT's measured before and after.

A magazine did it so it must be the way to do things...

Wish they would have then swapped to a real 3in system with good headers. Then see how much more it would make with EGT's measured before and after.

It was probably Kenne Belle. They seem to enjoy pushing the limits of stock parts and then saying they're fine with a BAP.

Testing with deleted cat converters on supercharged mustangs has been done. Zero HP

http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/MustangCatalyticConverters.pdf

Here are some dyno tests with "good headers" on a subercharged cobra: Zero HP

http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/header_cat_xpipe_exhaust_tests.pdf

According to KB I should go back to the STOCK sn95 mid-pipe with stock fox headers on a 700whp Windsor car and I will not see a change in power. Because the stock midpipe and manifolds are not a restriction? Laugh. Out. Loud

Don't get me wrong, they market some nice shoe box blowers but a lot of what they say needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

... a lot of hard enginering work was done the engine while no real work was done to the exhaust system.

What?  A lot of engineering was done to that exhaust system. A LOT of engineering was done to the whole package. To compare that exhaust system to a STOCK sn95 or New edge Cobra system is not apples to apples in any way.  

Ford runs BIGGER diameter pipes cause its a BIG POWER motor! Put the stock sn95 new edge midpipe with antiquated cat tech on the GT500... see what happens.

You drank the koolaid.

• Supporting Member

I'm going to have to agree with 410 here. Why would you take one manufacturer who's marketing department is pushing an agenda to make their blowers looks like the end all bees knees over every single mustang owner in history who has upgraded their exhaust systems and attained more power? Choosing the needle and ignoring the haystack methinks.

The fact that you totally missed why I upgraded lines and rails shows you only accept what you want and what supports whatever you think. Once again, you are the only person I have ever put on ignore. And now I'm remembering why.

@01yellercobra I wouldn't waste any more of your time. Some people have never had real life experience with building real power to know when they're hitting limitations and why they are hitting them.

Some people fail to see that ford, as well as all manufacturers build these vehicles the way they build them with these restrictions due to cost and liability. If it was really that simple to make big power with all of the factory components then we'd all be driving 1,000hp monsters.

But most of us live in the real world and have built cars and put them on the dyno to find out where the weak links or lack of needed parts is.

Regardless of what anyone's opinion is, fact and experience tells us what most of us know and will continue to build buy. For those who think their factory components can make just as much power just as easily, well I openly invite you to try and if/when you prove with realistic dyno numbers then we shall give you a high five!!!!

But until then, I myself and most others will sit and wait for such proof.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Yeah. I should know better from past experiences. I used to deal with him on SVTP. Not sure why I thought it would be different now.

Well I guess I should swap to stock manifolds mid pipe and catback on my 331, so it will be quieter and make the same power, because any one not making 600+ rwhp is just pitiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What were the values for the fuel flow,pressure, Horsepower, temp, data that you used for your calculations in determining the "need" to supposidly "upgrade"the fuel rails? While I'm sure you will show us your calculations you may want to take a look at some Real testing (not opinions) that generate Data such as fuel flow and pressure, Hp showing that stock fuel rails are more adequate at 1200HP

It would be nice if people who post in this thread would provide some data that we can chew on in the form of dyno runs showing air temp, A/F, baro. exhaust flow numbers in inches of mercury, fuel flow, volume, pressure to back upr your opinions because I will only accept data. :)

Now I know you're just trying to troll. 3/8" diameter anything is not enough to support anything close to 1200hp. No matter how much pump you put behind it.

Wait, which manufacturer are you employed by now? Since I'm sure that's the only way you get your "data".

I really did try to have a discussion with you. Must be me getting older and more patient. But I think it's time to move on.

I was thinking that it must be tough to go from one site to another doing nothing but arguing but he really seems to get off on it.  I can only imagine what he must be like in real life to deal with.

I was thinking that it must be tough to go from one site to another doing nothing but arguing but he really seems to get off on it. I can only imagine what he must be like in real life to deal with.

It helps when you're banned from the sites. Don't have to worry about responding to those other threads.