Blackmage

Alignment specs?

what should i have my front alignment specs set at? Mostly street driven with one or two autox a year. Running MM CC plates. This is what I kinda dug up for now.

Camber at -1.5,

Caster at +4.5,

Toe at +.5

Numbers look good but set the camber to -45°

alto2.jpg

(lol... don't mind my bs, carry on)

that negative camber on the rear is gonna be a tough one, but i think i can find a sawzall!

How many miles do you drive this thing on the road?  The toe out is tits for autocross turn in, but will eat yo tires like PacMan during street driving.  For camber, I measured maxed out on the plates, and then slide the plate over for least amount, without flipping over the plates of course, and used the max out for the autocross course and then jacked up the car and slide the plate back over to drive the 30 miles home.  Maxed out on the MM plates I was at 2.1 I believe, slide over I think it was about 1.  I only had one set of tires at the time, so I didn't do any street driving with my settings.  I bought some toe plates to do a quick alignment at the track and to check camber.  http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/81680/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710757887&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230006180000848229&cadevice=c&gclid=CN-4oKD9-MQCFdBlfgodwW8AmA

I also have this camber gauge.

http://www.a1racing.com/Longacre78250.aspx?gclid=CLyivcT9-MQCFciIfgodeF0A3Q

Any more questions on Autocross I would defer to Brett and the E-85 Torpedo Roush Cone Killer

Toe: 0

Caster: as much as you can get with MM CC plates

camber: -1.5 to -3 depending on if you're at auto-x or on the street

Those are safe settings without knowing the rest of your suspension setup. 

way more miles on the road than anything. It sees probably 5k a year now max on the roads.  I dont really fancy changing up the alignment if i get to an autox event so something that i can have some fun on the backroads with, and i dont feel out of place when i autox it.

Toe: 0

Caster: as much as you can get with MM CC plates

camber: -1.5 to -3 depending on if you're at auto-x or on the street

Those are safe settings without knowing the rest of your suspension setup. 

KYB agx shocks and struts

steeda front and rear sway bars

off brand lowering springs

stock kmember and a arms.

tubular upper and lower control arms

Okay cool, cool.  I'd recommend keeping your toe at 0, getting as close to -2 on the camber as you can, and max out the plates for caster.  It'll feel good on the road and should give you a bit more bite at auto-x without getting really weird tread wear from daily driving. 

Okay cool, cool.  I'd recommend keeping your toe at 0, getting as close to -2 on the camber as you can, and max out the plates for caster.  It'll feel good on the road and should give you a bit more bite at auto-x without getting really weird tread wear from daily driving. 

Thanks for the info!   Would the toe at 0 give me any sort of loose feeling at speed, like if im going down the interstate at 75-80?  

Keep in mind 0 toe will turn into toe out at speed. I'd go with a slight toe in if you don't want the tires to wear quicker but if you don't mind go zero toe. since it's a street car, stick with -2 degrees camber and +4 degrees caster. if you do not have a bumpsteer kit or you don't know how to cycle bumpsteer out, do NOT run more than +4 degrees as the car will have issues keeping the wheel straight as the suspension compresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the input guys.  I did get my alignment done last week and went with these specs:

0 - Toe

+2 - Camber

+3.9 - Caster (couldnt quite squeeze 4 out of the one side hah)

Drives great down the road, from some minor spirited driving on a backroad it seemed tight as well.  works for me.

A8F33947-F8E0-4C58-91E8-E8C4014DB86D_zps

BRINGING THIS BACK FROM THE DEAAADDDDDDD

with the new coilovers, kmember, and control ams, i was able to get 2* more caster.  so i went again with:

0 - Toe

-2 - Camber

+6 - Caster

1 hour ago, Evilcw311 said:

How’s it handling now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

feels good going down the road and just normal driving.  i just did a quick 4 mile drive before getting back to work and it felt good.