Sho Amo

Finally got an SN95 :-) AGAIN! Update Pg 3

Update: The Datalogs are showing 2.6 volts from the tps all the time. I changed sensors and adjusted it with no change, so I tried unplugging it while datalogging and still go 2.6v.

Looking at the wiring diagram I just dont understand how thats possible. Any suggestions?

did you read the calibration from the QH?  If it is turned off and written to the QH - there shouldn't be a CEL or code for the EGR.  

What payload are you logging for TPS?  And that should never be adjusted as the ECU 'zeros' it out on startup.  So wherever the TPS position is, that voltage becomes the low side of the TPS swing.  

@GearGambler

First mistake is that I'm not using the Sailorbob's DEF. I need to do that ASAP. 

1) I read the calibration from the QH and its definitely turned off, which is why its so confusing. 

2) Im logging everything as per Decipha's instruction, however my info is coming from TP - throttle position. My TPS mount on my throttle body is adjustable with two allen screws, which Ill get a picture of for you. Ill post a datalog for you to check out when I get home from work tonight. I ohmed the 5v ref wire and signal to the big connector at the firewall and got .4ohms out of both. 

Yesterday I noticed something else funny. I have a digital tach in my A pillar and the stock tach in the dash. Both of those were at ~700rpm but BE was telling me it was 1100. This is leading me to believe I either need Sailorbob's def. or maybe the ECM is bad.

really interesting!  does it sound like it's idling at 1100?  

Get the DEF from Derek - its worth it.  when you see the difference, you'll understand.  

Also, do a comparison.  Decipha has the T4M0 - you can put it side by side with what you have and see the differences.  

Check out TP - TS - ECT - ACT - RPM - DESRPM - and a few others that straight up dont change. This is odd. 

I think I'm going to take the QH out and clean up the connection and get the sailorbob strategy. I cant find the machine code anywhere though.

Unsaved 2016_Aug_14_16-47-19.csv

EDIT: Also just found this. Im going to try it tonight and see what happens.

http://eectuning.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21614&p=122739&hilit=sailorbob+cbaza#p122739

Edited by Sho Amo

Since I dont see any other way around this, it looks like I'll be selling this car. As I got moved to a night shift my ex is taking me to court for child support and such so the mustang has to go. I bought the focus in an effort to save the car payment I was making on my civic but it wont be enough. 

Please pass it along. The car has 75k and im asking for $8500.

Damn that really sucks, sorry to hear you have to sell. Hopefully you still stick around and maybe get back into another SN someday.

a 75k mile 94 is a pretty rare thing IMO. Shit, my car had 100k on it when I bought it in 2003 lol.

She's gone folks. Went to a good home in New Jersey. Its been a bit because I'm still bummed out over it. Sold it on the 8th.

Ill have another down the road, hopefully 96-98 with a black interior this time.

Im baaaaack 😎

97 Cobra Rio Red/ Black 

This one is very stock with 83k 

CD9F3E04-A3CC-4367-988C-9AE615A1D997_zps

E215AA3C-7F61-457B-8C8B-EF5E20BE0C32_zps

1A19AC84-80BB-4FBA-84D6-B21FE800A73D_zps

DA93FDCC-E124-4402-9859-6D69764401B4_zps

8BD6F132-EEB6-4AF6-AD60-CC62026AFFA2_zps

A686A290-850F-4099-A95B-B568B2DD2B48_zps

It has some aftermarket alarm on it, which almost made me not buy it. Ill probably have to cut it out later on.

ACC1A0C0-0854-4EB4-96FE-837C9E296A62_zps

I put springs on and wanted to try it without the isos. Its too damn low. Ill probably get some poly isos to install when I put in the bumpsteer kit.

219E6C86-0E24-4436-8A97-1A6F749B42EF_zps

• Like 2

Plans are to make this car very similar to my old 94. Certain parts I put on that car made a huge difference and ill definitely do again. 

Currently has 

BBK Catless H Pipe

Stainless Magnaflow cat-back

Some kind of short shifter lol

Clear corners and headlights (garbage)

Plans   

Lowering springs (already on)

Bilstein Shocks ***

Caster Camber Plates

Bumpsteer Kit

Steeda X2 ball joints

Cobra R Steering Rack ***

MM Solid Steering Shaft ***

Rear Control Arms ***

some 18" wheels

TINT

UPR Smoked headlights

S281 spoiler

fr500 Steering wheel

***things I used to have that are a must!

• Like 1

Back in the fall, I couldnt help driving this car every chance I had when the weather was good. 

8D0EFEA2-6CCF-4587-B84C-C10B87A90450_zps

Unfortunately one of the crappy old tires that were on it blew out while at highway speeds. Tore up my parking brake cable, but otherwise got out of it pretty lucky.

4305C75B-423E-45B9-81E3-99FFE6548AE7_zps

So I put the car away, knowing I had to save money for this trip to New Zealand and now forced to buy the wheels and tires I wanted before being able to drive it again. 

C8F3D11D-92C8-4DAB-8E9D-68DA32738BB8_zps

When I got back I got to work on getting some wheels and tires for it. Ended up with anthracite 18" FR500 wrapped in sumitomo HTRz3

99CC402D-E4C1-4707-BC30-90EE6D5412C9_zps

07FC6C42-A5C9-4A70-BF4D-4C4A8911B4E8_zps

Then AM finally restocked the headlights I wanted to give a try. I put UPR smoked cobra lights on my old 94 and absolutely loved them, but I came across these in a forum post somewhere and wanted to try them.

13461AC2-A35A-44BD-AA8B-09301EB99747_zps

Next month ill be getting the windows tinted and putting in a radio, but that might be it for a little while again.

• Like 2