Det_Riot

Aftermarket Fuel Systems

Let's talk aftermarket fuel systems here. With the new rails I need to put together a new set-up with a remote AFPR. I've conceptualized the set up and I think this all makes sense but want to run a sanity check before I order a bunch of lines and fittings.

Does this make sense? I also need recommendations on a fuel pressure regulator. I know a handful of guys have redone their fuel systems so I'm looking for any and all advice!

That'll work.  That's how mine is routed.  Mine does have a -10an main feed that splits to two -8an at the y-block to the rails, that's the only difference.  Just put a good set of filters around your pump(s) and you'll be all set.

That'll work. That's how mine is routed. Mine does have a -10an main feed that splits to two -8an at the y-block to the rails, that's the only difference. Just put a good set of filters around your pump(s) and you'll be all set.

Lol I'm also only trying to support ~400-425 to the wheels at the moment. These are going to be connecting back to the stock hardlines for now

I with tabers, 10AN to a y block then 8AN return.

I love my Aeromotive A1000 Platinum regulator, been running it since I built the first set up.

+1 on running a -10 to the y-block.

Even with stock hardlines? I'm concerned about losing too much velocity going from a 5/16" hard line into a -10 which is essentially double the ID. Does that matter or does the AFPR regulate this enough?

• Supporting Member

I have a nice accufab AFPR that is new and unfortunately will not work in the stock rail I have and can sell. I think It goes for 140 new, $80 and I will get it to you

My accufab worked flawless for 10 years. Good units.

Even with stock hardlines? I'm concerned about losing too much velocity going from a 5/16" hard line into a -10 which is essentially double the ID. Does that matter or does the AFPR regulate this enough?

You are running the stock hardlines up to the engine bay?  

Why not fully engineer the fuel system while the car is down. Does not take much to run line from the tank and from what I understand of your build, you will need it eventually...  

You are running the stock hardlines up to the engine bay?  

Why not fully engineer the fuel system while the car is down. Does not take much to run line from the tank and from what I understand of your build, you will need it eventually... 

Correct.

Because at this point, the stock lines will more than support the power I'll be putting down N/A, and I don't really have interest to drop another $1500-$2k into a fuel system this year

Don't buy a kit.  You can piece a fuel system together way cheaper on your own.

My entire fuel system was roughly $1,000, and almost $400 of that was on the fuel pumps alone.

Don't buy a kit. You can piece a fuel system together way cheaper on your own.

My entire fuel system was roughly $1,000, and almost $400 of that was on the fuel pumps alone.

Teach me your ways!

There wasn't any real trick to it, honestly.  A decent part of how I was able to do it was timing.  I bought from site vendors that offered coupon codes and I bought a lot of my components around the holidays when companies were running site-wide sales.  

Also, all of my system is built out of pushlock hose.  You will save a lot there versus going to a braided hose.  I use a Fragola hose that is nylon braided (I think they call it their Series 8000).  It looks nice and is a lot easier to assemble.  Some people will tell you a pushlock hose can swell - I run 50psi base pressure and I've never had it happen.

I also chose not to spend the money on the more expensive brands of fittings and y-blocks.  Virtually every fitting on my car is made by Fragola or is Summit Racing brand.  I know there was some contention over the Summit Racing fittings several years ago, mostly their braided hose style fittings.  All I can say is that I've never had a problem with any of my fittings from them, and I've had them all off and on several times.  I do have some Earls and Russel brand fittings on my oil lines and honestly I don't find them to be any different really from the Fragola or Summit stuff.

Don't buy a kit.  You can piece a fuel system together way cheaper on your own.

+100000000

Kits are a complete rip off. bout my pump and cell separately. Then its a matter of fittings and lines. This way you can plumb it the way you like and not be dictated by what the kit supplies you with. Im probably right at a grand if not under for my fuel system.

If your dead set on waiting till down the road for a complete system then just use the Aeromotive hardline adapters and run an 8an feed and 6an return.

copy paste copy paste, no real world experience.

I just want to know what all that garbage has to do with a 95 mustang and a fuel set up for bryans stroker? All i got out of it is that the 03 cobra has some pretty good fuel rails

I ran Fragola stuff in my 01. From the tank to the rails. I didn't have an issue with it. I still have more nylon braided line in the garage for when I get stupid with my 04.

Speaking of the 04, the rails are just as small as what came on my 01.

• Moderators

I'm assuming that you have no automotive technical knowledge since you posted a bunch of nonsense rather than contribute some tech to this thread. In regards to aftermarket fuel system parts, it would be nice to have a larger than stock fuel tank as a 15 gallon tank combined with a mustang's high fuel consumption makes for frequent stops at the gas station.

Fuel safe does have 20 and 22 gallon  SN95 fuel tanks for around $3500 that require bladder replacements every couple of years.

Dafuq does fuel tank size have to do with keeping the motor supplied with the appropriate volume of fuel other than the length of time that the appropriate volume can be supplied?

Gah. End thread. Bought @rolocuts fuel system out the red car. His legacy will live on in the whale cannon

And for the record, a $3500 tank plus a replacement bladder at ~1000 every few years is asinine for a street car