DOHC GT

Tuners....the best or the worst.

didnt know where to put this, but basically post up your stories or experiences of your tune/dyno tune.

who was great, mediorce, or just a plain idiot and will never do business with again lol.......post gains if you want to

Don LaSota, he wrote the original SCT software and knows his shit.

Also, he is one of the best around with the 94-95 computers.

He did the tune on my 347 when it was N/A, made 342/408 and idled like a champ that season.

Rodeheaver's Hot Rod of McClellandtown, PA did my current tune with the blower. He is a few years in on tuning experience but has been building cars for about 15 years now, and knows pushrods like the back of his hand.

I don't have any real gains because every tune I've ever had was on a completely different setup that it was previously.

I guess you could say I gained 153rwhp/86rwtq on my current tune lol (could've been so much more, damn you stock block!)

Lee Blankenship of Blankenship tuning in Shelbyville Ky

Great guy that knows his stuff. I'd recommened him to anyone with a mustang.

Dont know the gains as my car had a H/C/I swap when he tuned it and it made 310/316 with injector problems.

I use Cody at StangHi performance in Baton Rouge LA. Definitely a great guy and one of the best tuners in the south. Dude has been doing product development with a couple major aftermarket manufacturers. Roush authorized dealer also. Haven't heard one negative thing about any of his tunes either which is very rare.

N/a i used adam browne who tunes vaughn gittins drift car. He was fair priced and VERY knowledgable.

Supercharged, im using radical racing here in nj. Craig radovich was a pro 5.0 racer and now owns his own shop. Thus far done great with tuning with what i had. My car had issues and we worked on them a little.

There are others in this area that do well but i have no personal experience.

For email tunes ive used vmp with good success. As of now im on a vmp tune until tomorrow when ill go back to radical.

Sent by smoke signals

Edited by SniveTroll

good stuff so far, hopefully we get a lot more testimonies lol.......this is a really good way to have peace of mind of spending $500++. ill be getting my car tuned in the near future wth sct software, currently i have sniper tuning. frank(330cube) hooked me up with a tempory tune so i can have the car running, but with the injector size and shortrunner i have to hit the dyno.

lets keep the coments going guys, and dont be afraid to post up shops to stay away from also........

Don LaSota, he wrote the original SCT software and knows his shit.

Also, he is one of the best around with the 94-95 computers.

He did the tune on my 347 when it was N/A, made 342/408 and idled like a champ that season.

Rodeheaver's Hot Rod of McClellandtown, PA did my current tune with the blower. He is a few years in on tuning experience but has been building cars for about 15 years now, and knows pushrods like the back of his hand.

I don't have any real gains because every tune I've ever had was on a completely different setup that it was previously.

I guess you could say I gained 153rwhp/86rwtq on my current tune lol (could've been so much more, damn you stock block!)

Im with Dan, Don did the tuning on mine and he got it to idle and cruise like a stocker.

Where I work in San Jose, Ca.. we use Shawn Ellis. Easily one of the best in the tuning business. He travels from coast to coast tuning ANY car and has every bit of software you can think of (sct, Diablo sport, hp tuners, big stuff, aem, etc).. 30 different systems in total. He just tuned my buddy's 98 cobra with a MMR 950 stroker, stage 3 ported and polished heads, comp stage 3 cams a small d1 procharger and the crappy 91 octane california gas. He ended up making 706 to the wheels with a 10.5 air/fuel ratio. Could have made more but with the gas here in CA, no need to risk running lean.

After running the dyno for him, I don't have any complaints about him. He always seems to know this stuff and is very knowledgeable in every field when it comes to tuning. I would recommend him to anybody.

eric brooks from brooks speed.... in georgia...

several mustang magazines have called him the modular mustang god....

if you choose him let him know i recommended you please...

(mak performance out of miami is doucheness/retardedness... if u want ur shit done right dont go there)

My car came with a SCT xcal2 or w/e with 3 tunes loaded into it, The car is nothing like it was when the guy before me got it tuned and im not a big fan of the price tag that is attached to most SCT Tunes so i gave my tuner to DOHCGT < Who still owes me a box of speer gold dots for the tuner...

Patrick at Sniper/Delta Force tuning out of Sanford, FL has done quite a few friends cars and me and my father both run his software. Just tuned my car with it roughly a week ago for some of the changes and the car runs like a champ.

Don't feel the need to get a dyno tune as everything i have done is pretty basic, Maybe when i make more power ill be able to post up some "Gains"

On a side note, my fathers 07 Gt spun the rollers to the tune of 276 RWHP with just a Sniper CAI and 93oct DYNO Tune.

Edited by 330CubeGt

My car came with a SCT xcal2 or w/e with 3 tunes loaded into it, The car is nothing like it was when the guy before me got it tuned and im not a big fan of the price tag that is attached to most SCT Tunes so i gave my tuner to DOHCGT < Who still owes me a box of speer gold dots for the tuner...

Patrick at Sniper/Delta Force tuning out of Sanford, FL has done quite a few friends cars and me and my father both run his software. Just tuned my car with it roughly a week ago for some of the changes and the car runs like a champ.

Don't feel the need to get a dyno tune as everything i have done is pretty basic, Maybe when i make more power ill be able to post up some "Gains"

On a side note, my fathers 07 Gt spun the rollers to the tune of 276 RWHP with just a Sniper CAI and 93oct DYNO Tune.

i got your dots, come shoot with me sucka!

and as far as sct, the price is high(and tuner is locked lol), and im broke lol......so no tune till tax time!!(if the wife is nice)

unless some one here wants to hook me up with a tune and ill rep you with some stickers on the car(track,meets,other car related events) :pray2: please......yes this is sad lol:facepal:

If you know what your doing spending the money for the programs/software to do it yourself is your best bet. But most don't... VMP(Justin) is a well know tuner around here but if you walk in off the street with nothing by the time you buy the tuner and have him dyno tune it your looking at $700+ I believe...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Guess I'm one of the few that was never 100% happy with tuners. I went through two of them before I bought the software to tune it myself.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Anytime I sell the Pro Racer software, I make sure to show my customers how to modify their tune, maf transfer function, LWFM, adjusting timing for IMRC deletes, what to look for in datalogs, adjusting for cams, etc.. Before I became a tuner I hated the fact that I did not know what was going into my vehicle and I'm the type that wants to know everything that goes on in there. I commend anyone willing to take the challenge to do it themselves :thumbsup:

Anytime I sell the Pro Racer software, I make sure to show my customers how to modify their tune, maf transfer function, LWFM, adjusting timing for IMRC deletes, what to look for in datalogs, adjusting for cams, etc.. Before I became a tuner I hated the fact that I did not know what was going into my vehicle and I'm the type that wants to know everything that goes on in there. I commend anyone willing to take the challenge to do it themselves :thumbsup:

so timing is adjusted when imrc are deleted, what else needs to be adjusted when shortrunner is installed and or higher compression??

If you know what your doing spending the money for the programs/software to do it yourself is your best bet. But most don't... VMP(Justin) is a well know tuner around here but if you walk in off the street with nothing by the time you buy the tuner and have him dyno tune it your looking at $700+ I believe...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

You're not far off from that with the PRP and a hand held. But I've been through three different MAFs, two sizes of injectors, and three motor set ups. It's been nice to change things as I've needed.

That's how I was for the most part. I was lucky in that I had a friend that was a tuner, but he specialized in push rods. So I still had some learning with the mod motors. Hell, I've been tweaking my tune for about 6 years and I'm still learning.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

i too have used kaufmans and will try and get ahold of dave guy as i need a new tune he did mine back in 2001, don lasota did a great job on my buddys 331 94 gt still runs great even after a cam change .