Tony

i'll be dam!!!!!!!!!

so i've been struggling trying to figure out wtf was causing this shake in the steering wheel! new tie rods, inner and outer, new ball joints, and front end alignment! the shop doing the alignment calls me back and asked if i,ve been getting a "vibration" when i drive. i excitedly say fuck yes, why? he shows me the driver side inner sidewall and it all fucked up! big ass bubbles all over it! this rim used to be in the back where it was not even noticeable at all! when this first happened i had hit a severe bump and it was on the passenger side. so wtf, lol! i never even looked at the drivers side tire at all. so basically all i needed to do was check the inner sidewall and would have just switched the tire and been done!! what a bitch!!:mad:

Damn.... But at least the other stuff is good for a while
haha, yea. all moogs too so thats just an upgrade. at least thats what im going to keep telling myself!

i think what screwed me up is that when it first started shaking i change the wheels in the front with the two spares i had, never even noticing that two out of the front four had busted sidewall belts. they were on the rear where i never noticed a shake at all! both went on the drivers side too. no luck at all, lol! so basically the huge bump i hit never had anything to do with it from the beginning!

Oddly enough I think I have a bent rim/bad tire now... sigh.
no shit? imagine changing to a spare and it having a bad tire too, lol! after you replaced fn ball joints and inner tie rods, lol! im still pissed about it, lol!!!

I had something similar years ago on my truck but it was on the inside and hard to see, only felt it while braking.
mine was opposite. it stopped shaking as bad when i braked...?!?!

no shit? imagine changing to a spare and it having a bad tire too, lol! after you replaced fn ball joints and inner tie rods, lol! im still pissed about it, lol!!!

at least now you wont have to do it in the future. those ball joints and tie rods should last you the rest of the cars life.

Lol, I just got done replacing all of that, but not for that reason... Though, the more stuff I replaced the more I could feel the shake because of the decreasing amounts of slop.

I know this much Tony 90% of shaking and pulling is due to tires. I always let my customers know up front it's very possible that a tire is more then likely the problem and most of the time it is :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know this much Tony 90% of shaking and pulling is due to tires. I always let my customers know up front it's very possible that a tire is more then likely the problem and most of the time it is :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lesson learned the HARD ASS WAY!!

Lol, I just got done replacing all of that, but not for that reason... Though, the more stuff I replaced the more I could feel the shake because of the decreasing amounts of slop.
makes sense.

I'm not surprised at all. When there is a good vibration coming from the car at speeds, its usually a bent wheel or damaged tire. When you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras
exactly what it sounded like too, lmao! a horse trotting next to me. the sound was bouncing off the buildings, lol! this is what the problem was the whole time

120729_153120.jpg

120729_153056.jpg

tire 1 and 2, lol! whats the fn chances!! both busted belts were on the inside and i half assed looked at the rim and tire! did the quick spin test and the rim wasnt bent so i moved on to the tie rods and ball joints, lol!! oh well! should be good for a while. till i hit a huge fn pot hole or something

Edited by tony

Jesus that had to be unbearable
lol, it was pretty bad! had my car down for a long time. couldnt really drive it. it was way worse with the second tire. whats so funny is that i almost considered changing the whole fn steering rack cause when i was trying to break the inner tie rods loose i got a little movement from the pinion shaft. which i guess is normal. thank god i didnt go that fn far, lmao!