Tony

powder coat or naaahh?????

If you like the orange you should powder coat the wheels orange.

If you get it done, step back and say "holy fuck, I love it" then it matters 0% what everybody else thinks.

lol this is true!!! in all honesty i would do it even if EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the webs hated the thought!! i rarely post opinion threads but when i do...it's to see in advance how much e-fighting i will have ahead of me  :D

lol this is true!!! in all honesty i would do it even if EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the webs hated the thought!! i rarely post opinion threads but when i do...it's to see in advance how much e-fighting i will have ahead of me  :D

Time to sell the car.  Silently.. in the middle of the night.  Dont tell a soul.

I came across this on IG. I'm not a big fan of dipping cars but for testing ideas I think it's a decent option. Maybe this could help you out before taking the wheels off and breaking them down and all that.

Screenshot_2015-09-02-16-40-32_zpsbvv1wd

I think the copper/burnt orange goes well with silver. Silver is pretty neutral and most any color could be made to work well with it, IMO.

I came across this on IG. I'm not a big fan of dipping cars but for testing ideas I think it's a decent option. Maybe this could help you out before taking the wheels off and breaking them down and all that.

I think the copper/burnt orange goes well with silver. Silver is pretty neutral and most any color could be made to work well with it, IMO.

that really gives me a good idea of how it could look though man. thanks sublime!

That looks damn good!

idk if this is any better for "copper" 

21076654461_fbd79894bf_b.jpg

I think the color matching cage idea would be perfect to tie that in.  It wouldn't be over too much over the top but still enough flash do get even more "Damn" comments than you already do.  After not seeing it for a couple of days I like it even more than before!

Plus you could color match the air tank when you go air lol

You could even to hard stainless line in the trunk for the air setup.  Kind of a throw back lowrider look.  

i think it looks about the same lol. thats a burnt orange imo. the photoshop shows the metal through and this is solid lol. other than that the shade is pretty much the same to me

Per his post on FB, his powder coater got back to him after having the wheels several days saying they didn't realize there was a clear powder coat over the brushed centers (well...no shit, of course there is. My HRE's have a clear powder coat on the centers too) and their price was now going to be $300/wheel. So yea, I think he's in the market for a new powder coater now.

well i'm extremely comfortable with painting. i feel i have a pretty good amount of skill with it and i may save $$ and paint the wheels. i feel like with the way i maintain wheels i can keep them looking great for a long time. the key is prep and choosing the right product....color wise lol. 

i may go dark on the centers....like dark grey 

i am thinking a nice chartruse

i have to google half the shit troy says 

Don't fish much do ya?  

I first learned what color chartreuse was at around age 10 when I was in a local bait and tackle shop.  

But now the other colors I came to know through art and drafting.