Bullitt

Welcome To SN95Source.com: BenM

Everyone please welcome BenM to SN95Source.com.

BenM Please tell us about yourself and your car(s) and feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for being part of the Source community!

View BenM's Profile

:welcomenew:

Thanks,

I have a 95 Rio Red coupe.  h/c/i exhaust, all the usual goodies.  I also have a fully restored 1966 coupe.  I've owned the 95 since 1998, and I bought the 66 unrestored in 2010.  Looking forward to checking out the forum.

Ben

I'll post some pictures of both cars when I get home tonight.  The 66 is a standard C code coupe, I initially set out to make it a driver but it quickly snowballed into a sandblast to bare metal full nut, bolt and wire restoration.  It is not the original color but is an original 60's ford color of Nightmist Blue, 289 was freshened up with afr heads, a 4 bbl holley, aluminum radiator and a roller cam conversion.  Tri-y headers with a magnaflow exhaust system.  Torqthrust D wheels, a Shelby hood, and an R style front apron but it retains the bumper.  Grab-a-track suspension all around and disk brakes up front.  I would like to put the holley efi system and a manual rack and pinion steering system in it at some point.

• Moderators

I'll post some pictures of both cars when I get home tonight.  The 66 is a standard C code coupe, I initially set out to make it a driver but it quickly snowballed into a sandblast to bare metal full nut, bolt and wire restoration.  It is not the original color but is an original 60's ford color of Nightmist Blue, 289 was freshened up with afr heads, a 4 bbl holley, aluminum radiator and a roller cam conversion.  Tri-y headers with a magnaflow exhaust system.  Torqthrust D wheels, a Shelby hood, and an R style front apron but it retains the bumper.  Grab-a-track suspension all around and disk brakes up front.  I would like to put the holley efi system and a manual rack and pinion steering system in it at some point.

Sounds a lot like my build!  I need to redo a few things on mine - install new fuel system, reinstall 8in rear end as the 9in is causing wheel fitment issues I don't want to look at anymore, Shelby A-arm mod, lowering blocks in the rear, reinstall stock hood, button up crap in the interior I never finished... then try to not to care that the "brand new" paint job sucks and the engine compartment needs to be thoroughly cleaned.

Yeah I still have little odds and ends, but I lucked out and got a great paint job and my body guy did good with alignment.  The car hasn't seen rain or a hose since restoration.  I just dust it and spot clean area that get road grime.  I did all of the work except final body work and paint.  The way I see it, is it wouldn't be as much fun if all you had to do is drive it.