Ferocious

I made a thing

Is that your original diffuser or did you make another?  Need MOAR pics!

Are you planning to do anything to cover the rear bumper area and clean it up a bit?

Stickers and a bash bar for the rear. Custom ABS panels for the sides. 

Just curious, how's the spoiler mounted? Bracket bolted into the trunk lid with a welded bracket at the bottom with bolts going through?

Btw, looks very "cute".

The chassis mount brackets are bolted onto the crash bar with some huge bolts. The supports at the top are bolted to the trunk lid. Nothing was welded on.

Stickers and a bash bar for the rear. Custom ABS panels for the sides. 

The chassis mount brackets are bolted onto the crash bar with some huge bolts. The supports at the top are bolted to the trunk lid. Nothing was welded on.

Ah, thanks. Didn't notice the bolts at the bottom at first.

This came together quickly! Like everyone else said, more pics.

Really curious as to how it looks with the top down.

I had to hustle since I needed it done for yesterday. Took it to a show and won 2nd place like a boss. Give me about a year and you'll have a pic with the top down. Until I have a six point cage, the top will stay up lol

MOAR pics NAO!!!   

And more of Asuna also please! :D  ;)

Asuna has some friends now

875EF4C2-1563-40E6-AE32-4E01393DF4C2_zps

are you planning to cut the bumper out for it?

No. I ultimately want to install a bash bar and have some abs or fiberglass panels to cover the sides. I like the look of the raw rear end without the bumper to be honest. Gets more attention that way anyway.  

I'm just going to assume you'll remove the rest of the body panels at this point?  I'd also assume you no longer require the use of your trunk? 

I never really used my trunk and not sure what you mean remove the rest of the body panels? 

He probably thinks the same as me that it just looks unfinished with the bumper off of it.  I could let it pass if it were for a dedicated track car but for a street/show car it just seems like the easy way out.  I mean I could get over the idea of not having access to a verts trunk since its little more then a large glove box, the huge size isn't a problem either but with out the bumper I am just scratching my head an saying its close but no, or not finished yet....  not trying to be a dick, just tellin how it strikes me.

I never really used my trunk and not sure what you mean remove the rest of the body panels? 

I was just breaking your balls since you had the front bumper off for a while.  

He probably thinks the same as me that it just looks unfinished with the bumper off of it.  I could let it pass if it were for a dedicated track car but for a street/show car it just seems like the easy way out.  I mean I could get over the idea of not having access to a verts trunk since its little more then a large glove box, the huge size isn't a problem either but with out the bumper I am just scratching my head an saying its close but no, or not finished yet....  not trying to be a dick, just tellin how it strikes me.

The easy way out actually would be cutting notches in my bumper to fit it on. I'm going the extra mile and making custom panels and getting a bash bar to replace the ugly crash bar. There's definitely more involved in making it work without the bumper than just slapping it back on. I want to run it without the bumper because it looks awesome. 

Yeah I'm with Scott on this one. The wing definitely looks cool and different but I'd of rather seen the bumper modified to work with it. To me it looks like someone just said " well the bumper doesn't fit so I'll just leave it off" rather than customize it to fit.

But to each their own mon frer. There's things bout my Stang that you may not like as well.

This is where we all agree to disagree. We all have a common love for these cars while we may not love each other's taste in them.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

I've seen chassis mounted wings going through the bumpers and it is not my style. At all. I also don't really have a love for these cars like most... I just like doing stupid shit to it. Getting bashed for it occasionally is fun too. 

I was just breaking your balls since you had the front bumper off for a while.  

Ah. The front bumper is back on and has been for quite a while. It's getting banged up but its whatever. 

Who rules that different=cool? Cause the notion of being different is no longer unique or.... Different *gasp*

No one. My type of different = stupid, obnoxious, not functional, and unorthodox. 

I like to bring new things to the table. People on the internet usually hate it and people in person tend to praise it. 

• Supporting Member

The easy way out actually would be cutting notches in my bumper to fit it on. I'm going the extra mile and making custom panels and getting a bash bar to replace the ugly crash bar. There's definitely more involved in making it work without the bumper than just slapping it back on. I want to run it without the bumper because it looks awesome.

I've seen chassis mounted wings going through the bumpers and it is not my style. At all. I also don't really have a love for these cars like most... I just like doing stupid shit to it. Getting bashed for it occasionally is fun too.

Ah. The front bumper is back on and has been for quite a while. It's getting banged up but its whatever.

No one. My type of different = stupid, obnoxious, not functional, and unorthodox.

I like to bring new things to the table. People on the internet usually hate it and people in person tend to praise it.

I actually haven't really seen any hate yet. Maybe I'm missing it.

I actually haven't really seen any hate yet. Maybe I'm missing it.

Forum people are nice, that must be why. The facebook guys gave me a good laugh though. One guy said it was a "stupid ricer wing" and then posted a pic of his engine bay telling me he had a 9 second car. I searched for days on end for the connection between the 2 and to this day I still have not found it.  

Yup lol, thanks!

Here's another shot since many of you have been asking

wjifll.jpg

I dunno, I thought it looked pretty sweet :2thumb: . Although, if it were me, I'd probably be one of those guys to notch the bumper and put in back on because I think it would better suit my taste.

The easy way out actually would be cutting notches in my bumper to fit it on. I'm going the extra mile and making custom panels and getting a bash bar to replace the ugly crash bar.

I definitely want to see this when it's finished.

I think I might even be able to dig it if you were to make a better termination for the diffuser.  Now it just seems stuck on the back and labeled as "good enough" the same way the spoiler was. 

My next question - How long will it take before you get sick of people asking if your gonna put the bumper on?   :)  pretty sure no matter how much I liked it off I would get sick of that question in short order.

The wing definitely is good enough. It's more than I wanted and needed so I'm plenty happy. The diffuser will definitely get redone. I made it in a few hours since I wanted it done for a show and only got the car back from the shop 48 hours prior. 

Once there is a bash bar and the rear is cleaned up a bit, people will stop asking about the bumper.