Stingracer

Stingracer's Build Thread

Going to be respraying the paint after all the current mods are done. That what always the plan and this round of mods was suppose to be done well over s year ago but finances and the fact that the intended mods snowballed into a full on avalanche doesn't help!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

I know what you mean. Things snowball in Miami too lol

So over the course of the last year since I got the car painted it seems the heat caused the paint to get a bit more orange peely (is that a thing?).  I decided to wet sand and buff the hood and front fenders to smooth them out and get them looking good again.

Here's a really close up shot of my hood.

DSCN1190_zps4pgg67c8.jpg

Here's a shot a little further back

DSCN1191_zpsehuqijzc.jpg

And the drivers side fender 

DSCN1192_zps7b1oyzjj.jpg

So I went at it with 1000 grit then 2000 grit then 3000 grit sand paper which got me here.

DSCN1195_zpsb0tyxgnx.jpg

DSCN1198_zpso9pvskhy.jpg

And after a little buff the car not me obviously :)

DSCN1201_zpsbx0oakdf.jpg

DSCN1202_zpshypz0s8g.jpg

DSCN1203_zpswin1xils.jpg

And because I feel like being a pic whore for once

DSCN1204_zpsvqexgs2l.jpg

DSCN1207_zpsxebeljzc.jpg

DSCN1218_zpsmhgwdg3i.jpg

Thanks guys.  I was a bit nervous too. My paint guy laid about 4 coats of clear so that gave me a bit of confidence going in.

I feel like I still need to hit it a bit more with the 3000 in a few areas.  It was my first try so wasn't sure what to expect.  Definitely a lot of elbow grease involved but it was worth it.

I'm still planning on doing the rest of the car but this took several hours just for this project.  

ugh black paint. i feel your pain.  if it took that long to "orange peel" it is more than likely the primer shrinking.  also if its been that long, it shouldnt do it again, hopefully :)  looks great!!