KidK9

KidK9 1997 Cobra Convertible Build

Once again welcome to the site!

What are your plans for the interior?  Replace old nasty torn zombie bits with new fresh and clean clean pieces in the same color, change to black interior, or something completely different? 

• Moderators

Yeah I'll be swapping out to a completely black interior and black convertible top. I hate this saddle crap.

How do the interior quarter panels look?  I've got a saddle interior that may or may not need parts; I haven't looked at the interior in years lol.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. The s281 is a Kaenen I got from American Muscle. I hate American Muscle. Last time I ever send them a dollar. 

Drivetrain is going to be a 363 Ford Stroker engine with a Vortech blower. I'm shooting for 750-800 hp. My other Cobra pushes 507 out of a blown 333. So I would like to go above that. Likely going to put a 6 speed in it and built rear end.

Put some used Corbeau seats in that I grabbed from MPS. These will be completely reupholstered.

post-927-0-09229500-1445870945_thumb.jpg

Did I miss where you said what pedals those are?!?!?

I'm liking where this build is going real fast!!!!!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

I got them from performancepedals.com. They are made to order so be ready to wait 6 weeks for them. They also don't provide enough screws and the ones they do provide are very soft. So prepare to go get your own. But hell, they look good!

Nothing better then boxes of parts! Keep it coming. I still have to ask why the reservation on building the 4v? Just not care for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing better then boxes of parts! Keep it coming. I still have to ask why the reservation on building the 4v? Just not care for them?

Just not the biggest fan. Wanted to go with a 363 Dart on this one.

Just not the biggest fan. Wanted to go with a 363 Dart on this one.

If you ever decide to piece part out the 4V engine, I might be interested in the block if I hadn't picked one up by then.

If you ever decide to piece part out the 4V engine, I might be interested in the block if I hadn't picked one up by then.

Yep, I'll sell anything off this car.

ABC side skirts installed. Looks like they will need some work.

post-927-0-82531700-1446420338_thumb.jpg

post-927-0-58131900-1446420364_thumb.jpg

post-927-0-46593200-1446420367_thumb.jpg

post-927-0-54879800-1446420369_thumb.jpg

post-927-0-90839000-1446420371_thumb.jpg

post-927-0-45171800-1446420374_thumb.jpg

post-927-0-02441000-1446420377_thumb.jpg

post-927-0-83673500-1446420379_thumb.jpg

post-927-0-78199800-1446420381_thumb.jpg

I remember Having to work mine over to make them fit.

Definitely a lot of work but so worth it!!!

Are you gonna do anything to cover the screws holding them on ?!?!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Yeah I'm sure we'll cover them up in some way.

Full Maximum Motorsports suspension with coilovers in the front and weight jackers in the rear.

Are you using the tubular A-arms or factory style? 

I've got a pair of '04 control arms that I plan to use, but have been thinking about tubular arms when I do the K member.  I guess I'll have to decide on going with coil overs soon or waiting until later.

Are you using the tubular A-arms or factory style? 

I've got a pair of '04 control arms that I plan to use, but have been thinking about tubular arms when I do the K member.  I guess I'll have to decide on going with coil overs soon or waiting until later.

Tubular A-arms.