KidK9

KidK9 1997 Cobra Convertible Build

Nice work so far!  Moving along quite quickly!

What's the white Mustang project in the garage there?

That would be the car builder's friends car. Another full build. 1994 Cobra with a 331. There's another 1994 full build behind the other door.

Coming along nicely!! Rare parts galore for this thing. You planning body color matching the mirrors?  How close is the builder's black '94 (rise from the ashes car on stangnet) to getting paint?  

Coming along nicely!! Rare parts galore for this thing. You planning body color matching the mirrors?  How close is the builder's black '94 (rise from the ashes car on stangnet) to getting paint?  

God only knows on that one.

Moving right along on the build! Why not just dye the console instead of trashing It? It looked to be in decent shape

Nah, it was in awful shape and smelled like a dog turd.

Yes, they will be color matched to the body.

I gotta replace the factory black carpet in my car. Looks like s not so fun process!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

it's really not bad.  i think we did the carpet in the vert in maybe 4 hours total.  took the seats all out, the center console and the kick panels.  then it's just laying it out and cutting small holes/sections until it fits right.  

i'm confused?  what's the holley for?  don't you already have a beautifully painted intake on the other car and this is a 4.6?  personally not a fan of the steering wheel but interested nonetheless to see how it turns out installed.

i'm confused?  what's the holley for?  don't you already have a beautifully painted intake on the other car and this is a 4.6?  personally not a fan of the steering wheel but interested nonetheless to see how it turns out installed.

He's putting a 363ci pushrod from Ford Strokers into it.

That's one of things I like most about his build.

Everybody and their brotha is yanking out pushrods to drop in mod motors which drive me insane.

I like seeing a massive pushrod replacing a mod. Validates my belief that pushrods are superior!!!! &-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

I'm trying to keep it real. LoL

i personally think the steering wheel will look sick. everyone always complains about how they will line up with the column but these columns aren't really any different than any other modern plastic covered column lol. they are always bulky and plastic. but still people run billet wheels in newer trucks and other late model customs. 

I love the Dart 363 plans. I once had those plans, now that I bought a new house I think they got pushed back about a decade lol.

Glad to see Tony's wheels going to a worthy ride, and I know your pain smoothing that Holley. I started smoothing mine on a mill, then moved onto the flap wheel and progressive sanding discs. It's a beautiful intake once you get all that clutter off the top.