frank830

Rattle noise coming from front drivers side stops when braking

I put lowering springs on the car ran fine and a few days later I started hearing like a Rattle in the front drivers side, as soon as I put pressure on the brakes it goes away. The sound however does not get louder as I speed up, I took off the front brakes and both sides where in good shape plenty of life left. I jacked the car up took of the wheel and spun the hub assembly and passenger side was worn so I replaced the hub assembly on both sides.  After that I drove the car and it still has the same noise. I know it has to do with brakes but not sure what exactly to look for, and don't want to start buying random parts.

did you check the caliper mounting bracket to make sure it was secure to the spindle?  are the strut bolts tight top and bottom? Does it do it over bumps?  does it do it while turning? 

I'll check greg687

And no i didn't check that  not too sure which mounting bracket your talking about. I remember seeing a clip that's on the caliper not sure if that's the one but it looked ok didn't look broken or anything but it won't hurt to check one more time blackmage 

The strut bolts are really thight on there and it's when the car is running even in a smooth straight road

Thanks for the tips

i just went through figuring out this same type of sound doing the same thing and it was my caliper bracket bolt...my son helped me when i was putting things back together and didn't tighten the 1 bolt enough. it made a decent amount of noise so i'd say check those bolts

On 3/17/2016 at 2:45 PM, frank830 said:

I'll check greg687

And no i didn't check that  not too sure which mounting bracket your talking about. I remember seeing a clip that's on the caliper not sure if that's the one but it looked ok didn't look broken or anything but it won't hurt to check one more time blackmage 

The strut bolts are really thight on there and it's when the car is running even in a smooth straight road

Thanks for the tips

did you ever get it fixed?  I'm curious as to what the issue was!