ttocs

Help AeroCatch Hood Pins crush the cheap counterfeits

You might remember my recent post about the quality of some of the parts I have been installing.  Today is no different but with more of a cause, safety.  Hopefully you remember the AeroCatch Hood Pins I installed as its come to my attention that there are some cheap imitations available now and when the time comes that your hood pins really matter they will fail.

https://driiive.com/ttocs/1994FordMustangGT/#!/timeline/6170

I have been in touch with the nice folks of AeroCatch now since I got these because I was wanting to use no fasteners for a seem less install on my carbon fiber hood.  I sent them an email to the general "Contact us" email link and was happy to get a quick response saying a good epoxy works works great on carbon fiber.  After that I ended up with the work shown in the link above and could not be happier with how they came out knowing they will hold everything secure while looking good.  As things go in today's world someone saw a great product and realized they could make it for less.  Its not hard to copy a product for les money when quality isn't taken into account and price is the only priority.  They don't care if it fails or what happens when it does so saving a few bucks on the purchase could cost who knows how much?  Here is a perfect example of a how AeroCatch held solid and on an SN95 Mustang no less that was in a pretty severe accident.

Wreck2.jpg

As you can see it took a one heck of an impact but the hood held tight because of the AeroCatch Hood Pins.  Tests have shown that while these cheap counterfeits look very similar they will fail at %25 of the load that the real Aerocatch brand can take.  There is a reason that the real thing is the choice of top manufacturers and race teams around the world and its because it is a quality product they know will hold tight.  If you decide to go upgrade to AeroCatch Hood Pins be sure its from an authorized dealer to ensure you get the real thing.  More info is available here: http://www.aerocatch.com/counterfeits-warning

no this is not a sponsorship(I tried :) ).  Short of some arrow decals that they are sending me to put on the catches to help people understand how they work in case of emergency I have received no products or discounts from them, and I think they would send these to anyone that asked.  I contacted them and asked if they liked my build pics and if they would want to use them on their site.  They said they would and could use help on the US side of this problem if I could help.  As I said above when I contacted them WAY back when I got these they were super fast to respond and just nice people that were happy to help me, so I am happy to help them.

Edited by ttocs

19 hours ago, ttocs said:

You might remember my recent post about the quality of some of the parts I have been installing.  Today is no different but with more of a cause, safety.  Hopefully you remember the AeroCatch Hood Pins I installed as its come to my attention that there are some cheap imitations available now and when the time comes that your hood pins really matter they will fail.

https://driiive.com/ttocs/1994FordMustangGT/#!/timeline/6170

I have been in touch with the nice folks of AeroCatch now since I got these because I was wanting to use no fasteners for a seem less install on my carbon fiber hood.  I sent them an email to the general "Contact us" email link and was happy to get a quick response saying a good epoxy works works great on carbon fiber.  After that I ended up with the work shown in the link above and could not be happier with how they came out knowing they will hold everything secure while looking good.  As things go in today's world someone saw a great product and realized they could make it for less.  Its not hard to copy a product for les money when quality isn't taken into account and price is the only priority.  They don't care if it fails or what happens when it does so saving a few bucks on the purchase could cost who knows how much?  Here is a perfect example of a how AeroCatch held solid and on an SN95 Mustang no less that was in a pretty severe accident.

Wreck2.jpg

As you can see it took a one heck of an impact but the hood held tight because of the AeroCatch Hood Pins.  Tests have shown that while these cheap counterfeits look very similar they will fail at %25 of the load that the real Aerocatch brand can take.  There is a reason that the real thing is the choice of top manufacturers and race teams around the world and its because it is a quality product they know will hold tight.  If you decide to go upgrade to AeroCatch Hood Pins be sure its from an authorized dealer to ensure you get the real thing.  More info is available here: http://www.aerocatch.com/counterfeits-warning

Love the latches but the pic of that car and the way it was hit is a poor advertisement point. They need a different approach ... perhaps a vid with a hood flying open on the highway. After all that is the main goal of the hood pins. 

I know I don't worry about hitting a tree head on and thinking dam hope my hood pins work. lol

well now if we were really only worried about the hood flying up while we drive, wouldn't factory latch should be more the fine?  I think there is a bigger risk we forget that they had failed then who knows how fast they were going to say where that hood could end up?  

Whenever I finally do hood pins, they'll be Aerocatches color matched. I also ran across some counterfeits a while back, definitely not worth saving a few bucks. As most here know, I hate fake shit.