Det_Riot

The Sexual Teal Whale Vagon

1 minute ago, Prokiller said:

i think thats the only way you work

My internal job clock diesnt start ticking until it's too late for most people. I think I like to test my patience because most everyone else would give up already 

29 minutes ago, Josh@RideTech said:

Looks great, Bryan!

7 minutes ago, RideTech_Ryan said:

Looks great Bryan!  Ready to see the outdoor slammed shots for sure

Thanks guys! If this Airlift manifold experiment doesn't go according to plan you guys may be receiving a new customer ^_^

18 minutes ago, Lanter said:

Looks awesome.  Do you have extra teal vinyl?  You could wrap a barrel on one of your wheels to see how it looks?  I bet it would look sick! 

I do actually! I don't know why I never think about doing this haha I was almost thinking the yellow would be better to play off the calipers. I've always tried to stick to the three color rule. One main, two accents. Teal being the main, yellow being accent 1, and now with the splitter, carbon/anthracite/charcoal being the second. What I would love to do to these wheels would be to brush the face of them and then do a tinted clear coat. I'm sure it'll be damn near impossible with how many nooks and crannies that are on these wheel faces. 

16 minutes ago, Det_Riot said:

Thanks guys! If this Airlift manifold experiment doesn't go according to plan you guys may be receiving a new customer ^_^

I do actually! I don't know why I never think about doing this haha I was almost thinking the yellow would be better to play off the calipers. I've always tried to stick to the three color rule. One main, two accents. Teal being the main, yellow being accent 1, and now with the splitter, carbon/anthracite/charcoal being the second. What I would love to do to these wheels would be to brush the face of them and then do a tinted clear coat. I'm sure it'll be damn near impossible with how many nooks and crannies that are on these wheel faces. 

I wish I would've had more for you to begin with but sadly that's a different market that we're not into.  However, I'll sell you however any manifolds you want :D.

1 minute ago, Josh@RideTech said:

I wish I would've had more for you to begin with but sadly that's a different market that we're not into.  However, I'll sell you however any manifolds you want :D.

Haha it's okay man! I got a banging deal on the whole kit so I can't complain. Do the ridetech manifolds use threaded fittings or press in?

Just now, Det_Riot said:

Haha it's okay man! I got a banging deal on the whole kit so I can't complain. Do the ridetech manifolds use threaded fittings or press in?

The valve has 1/4" threads for the fittings in the supply side and 1/8" threads for the gauge side.

2 hours ago, Josh@RideTech said:

The valve has 1/4" threads for the fittings in the supply side and 1/8" threads for the gauge side.

That's so beautiful hahah

On 1/11/2017 at 1:23 PM, Steve-Oh said:

Hurry up!!  I wanna press the "Psssshhhhh" button on Friday! 

Pending on the experiment outlined below goes today it's possible!

18 hours ago, Evilcw311 said:

Wait.........Memphis?!?  

Does yiur trip take you thru Louisville on the way???

Yessire Memphis! Actually it does! hmmmmmmm 

Back to regular programming:

Took the manifold out to my trusty car experimentation partner in crime Don's and we came up with a game plan for the manifold conversion. I had found a video that made it look like popping out the PTC cartridges was no big deal and they fall right out. Well I can tell you that popping right out is not entirely the case. They were in there pretty well but nevertheless, we successfully removed all the cartridges.

31893722550_54cc2a1842_b.jpg

Next step was to drill out the manifold to prepare for the tap. Safety first! We plugged the holes in the manifold accessing the valves with some screws and grease along the backside.

32150483881_c040cc259a_b.jpg

No pictures of the process of tapping but here's the result after the final stage. Because of the taper of the thread and the shallowness of the hole, we had to tap it in stages. Basically the portion of the tap we needed to thread in was 1/4-3/8" up the tap. This meant that we had to sacriface a tap to complete the process. Tap all the holes down, shave some off the end, tap the holes, etc, etc, until we could get a good amount of threads into the manfiold.

31428497834_f0856e21b5_b.jpg

Found out that qtips are great devices for cleaning out freshly tapped and drilled holes since the shavings love to bundle on the cotton!

Freshly machined and waiting for some inserts:

32270004215_47f26d419c_b.jpg

3/8 NPT to 1/4 NPT Bushings installed and sealed with a modest helping of pipe dope! Why would I install the bushing instead of doing a direct fitting you ask? Well to answer, the 1/4 NPT to #4 JIC fitting that I'm using for the hardlines has a much smaller hex on it for tightening than a 3/8 NPT to #4 JIC. These bushings have a hex of 11/16" on them which worked perfectly once they were lined up and tightened so that the sides were vertical!

32270004235_0e7e3685bb_b.jpg

Everyone cross your fingers and pray for a sealed system tonight!

11 hours ago, Blackmage said:

CUDDLES!!!!!!!!

Hahah when we were dicking off he kept calling him snuggles. Just continue to refer to him as Eaton until Don accepts the change 

11 hours ago, Evilcw311 said:

So we meeting up on y'alls way thru or what?!?!  Then I can check out the new getter!!!!  ;-)

Welllllllllll plausible! If I leave Thursday after work, halfway will be somewhere around y'all. If I leave Friday I'd be rolling through your neck of the Woods's at like 10am

10 minutes ago, Prokiller said:

fingers crossed this seals.  i want to see it in the weeds.

So far so good. Located two small leaks st the fittings going to the front axle, seems as though the rear is sealed. Need to pick up a flare nut wrench so I can hunker down on em and tighten but as far as the manifold goes I think we have success!

Little ups, little downs, getting this whole system to seal has become a god damn chore to say the least. getting close to scrapping the hardlines and resorting to AN lines because I'm lazy and I just think they'll work better. As far as I know and can tell, the manifold fitting modification is working successfully!

it looks like a pain in the ass but that it would make a cool display when its done.  Keep it going a few hours of pain or even days is worth it for all the enjoyment you get out of using and showing it off later.

Follow link for pictures of the final product:

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/6218-caution-gm-performance-product-inside-enter-at-your-own-risk/

While not "in the weeds", it's definitely a solid foundation to start with. Definitely need to do a bit more fiddling with the kit to lower the front, I think I'm SOL on the rear without dropping down the tire size but it is what it is!

Not a whole lot, getting ready to take on a pretty cool wheel project over the next few weeks along with getting the upper pulley put on it. I bought a raffle ticket for a 427 LS Next shortblock SOOOO keeping fingers crossed!

18 hours ago, ttocs said:

I like keeping up but a 20 min video is just too long

I understand, they normally aren't but we had so much random stuff that my buddy wanted to throw togther an episode before he left for like 4 weeks

"Hey I'm Jo, I'm Bryan's girlfriend and this is my V"

lolz...

I thought the video was cool, bummed we didn't get to see the wheels at least stripped. I'll be interested to see what that looks like finished.

3 hours ago, 95riosnake said:

"Hey I'm Jo, I'm Bryan's girlfriend and this is my V"

lolz...

I thought the video was cool, bummed we didn't get to see the wheels at least stripped. I'll be interested to see what that looks like finished.

Yeah, it was unfortunate timing but the kid does freelance video so once car season gets rolling he's all over the place. This weekend was bowling green, then he's heading down to Atlanta, down to daytona beach, back up to atlanta, chattanoga, then coming "home" for 3 days before he heads back across the pond to England to visit friends and relatives. I uploaded a few pictures in the wheel/tires section. or at least I thought I did trying to document the process. 

Your friend is super talented.  Way better video production than I see on a lot of what ends on YouTube.

Car is going to look outstanding with the brushed wheels.  I was lol'ing when you were rinsing in your sink and the water was flying all over.

13 minutes ago, Blackmage said:

Bryan, we need brushed wheels posted in here... :( 

I need to finish them first! haha gimme a minute, I'll picture dump of what I have so far =d