CompOrangeSN95

Watts link FTMFW

Soooo.... it's not for my car, but my pops just asked me to send some cash to a guy from his forum. When I asked "what for?" he replied with "stuff... (fays 2)" and I immediately got a boner. Looks like the GT500 will be even more of a corner carver (I understand GT500 and corner carver don't sound right in the same sentence) in the near future. For reference, here's a video of the car with the full eibach pro kit (coil overs, shocks, springs, sway bars, adjustable panhard) running on bf goodrich g-force r1's off my track bitch, if you haven't seen it already. As soon as I get it to the track with the watts link, I'll post the video up... although it might not be until next year. Anyway, just thought I would share the info seeing as my Snive hasn't seen any updates in a long time. And this video also stresses the importance of hood pins, holy hood flap batman.

cool then I take checks as well as visa, mastercard and of course american express.... A one time donation of $500 and i will name my first born after you. I will feel a little strange callin my kid comp orange but he/she will get over it.

Adam, for those of us who have heard of the Watts Link but don't know a ton about it, would you be able to teach us about the setups benefits etc?

Also if you ran a Watts link setup what does it replace?

Great video! I didn't even think about getting hood pins until I saw that.

Doesn't the GT500 already have a panhard bar on it though? I know the Watts is technically better, but it seems real expensive for the benefits. Cool deal either way, I've yet to decide what to buy for my rear end.

If you want the best, money no object, than yes the Watts link is better.. but it's definitely more expensive. You also can't run tailpipes with a Watts, I think you have to cut out part of your spare tire well for the Watts, and modify your torque arm if you have one(not sure on this part). IMO, for the price, you're better off with a PHB unless you're trying to squeeze every last ounce out of your car. The biggest problem with the PHB is that it isn't perfectly symmetrical, your roll center changes heights differently in left and right hand turns.

Hmmm then it sounds a little too much for my build at this point. Maybe if I really get into it like I'm hoping I do. The setup I'm planning to run is going to be big already but still able to keep certain things. Thanks Travis, Matt, and of course Adam.

well... the s197 is a lucky bastard... the watts link for them is significantly cheaper than any other model of the mustang, and you can run the stock exhaust. Basically a watts link replaces the pan hard bar. While pan hard bars are nice, they still produce an arc movement in the rear axle as it travels up and down, they also tend to allow the car to handle a little better in right turns, then left. The watts link completely eliminates any side to side movement while allowing the axle to move up and down freely. It's a bind free setup that allows a very linear movement in the rear. On paper it may not sound like it's all that much better than a pan hard bar, but the road feel is completely different. Developed for the race track for sure. Look at any road course car, if it's not running IRS it's running a watts link, almost guarantied.

not sure how good this kit is, but one thing to watch out for is a kit that links to the axle tubes... you always want the outside links going to a solid mount. Fays2 sn95 kit connects to the axle shafts... whereas this one, and griggs, connects to a solid mount.

http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-watts-link-sn95-street/